FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Thoughts about todays Martinsville Truck Race?

<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:43 pm

Thoughts about todays Martinsville Truck Race?

Thoughts before all the talk shows come out please. :mrgreen: Hint#3 Dillion and #14 Harvick.
BTW congrads to Bubba on his first truck series win.
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:10 pm

Re: Thoughts about todays Martinsville Truck Race?

First and foremost, congratulations to Bubba Wallace! i hate they hype over him being the first Afrian-American in 50 years to win in NASCAR, because his skin color shouldn't be an issue. His ability is what the story should be about. But I digress...

Wow, wow, and WOW! Don't hold back, Kevin! I thought i'd p*ss myself from laughing when he said what he said, and I can only imagine how, shall we say "uncomfortable" he'll be in the next four weeks. Not that it'll bother him one bit, I daresay. Oh, and I agree with him 100%, by the way...

Bet the first words he hears when he and RC come face to face are gonna be "somebody hold my watch!" :x
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm

typical cry baby kevin, this is what tony fans have is store for 3 years, but in stereo
<<

dirt93

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:50 pm

Congrats to Bubba. I think he is a great driver.... regardless of race...I too hate it when they focus on that instead of the driving talent.

Kyle was in the announcers booth for the beginning of the race and near the end I didn't hear him. Must have went down to the pit box as Bubba was getting ready to win.

Between Kevin and Ty.. well....It certainly made the truck race exciting. lol
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:56 pm

OK, anyones' opinion but MJ ! :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:03 pm

michaeljohn wrote:typical cry baby kevin, this is what tony fans have is store for 3 years, but in stereo

Least he knows how to restart a race or win with a top ten team rather than thee elite team! ;) :P :lol: :lol:
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:07 pm

azk8ster wrote:First and foremost, congratulations to Bubba Wallace! i hate they hype over him being the first Afrian-American in 50 years to win in NASCAR, because his skin color shouldn't be an issue. His ability is what the story should be about. But I digress...

Wow, wow, and WOW! Don't hold back, Kevin! I thought i'd p*ss myself from laughing when he said what he said, and I can only imagine how, shall we say "uncomfortable" he'll be in the next four weeks. Not that it'll bother him one bit, I daresay. Oh, and I agree with him 100%, by the way...

Bet the first words he hears when he and RC come face to face are gonna be "somebody hold my watch!" :x

Sadler pretty much summed it up last year in so many words or I should say more so off camera about his run in NW last season with RCR and the Dill Pickle boys!
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:08 pm

Childress spoke instead of going ole school. No one needed to hold his watch. What I thought was peculiar was his statement that the boys aren't "rich kids" well to be totally correct he is the grandfather and they get the best and granddaddy is the rich guy so sort of, maybe, so what. He is right the Frances are rich, and a whole ton of rich racers have passed their money along to the kids. The thing is we are surrounded by rich kids etc. and it shouldn't matter what someone else has, owes or gives away. No one should have to apologize for what their assets are or aren't.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:15 pm

ndunn wrote:Childress spoke instead of going ole school. No one needed to hold his watch. What I thought was peculiar was his statement that the boys aren't "rich kids" well to be totally correct he is the grandfather and they get the best and granddaddy is the rich guy so sort of, maybe, so what. He is right the Frances are rich, and a whole ton of rich racers have passed their money along to the kids. The thing is we are surrounded by rich kids etc. and it shouldn't matter what someone else has, owes or gives away. No one should have to apologize for what their assets are or aren't.

funny thing is Harvick came up through the busch series & cup series with all the same advantages. A championship caliber Busch team, & then inherited the team that finished 2nd in points the year before. Pot meet kettle.
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
ndunn wrote:Childress spoke instead of going ole school. No one needed to hold his watch. What I thought was peculiar was his statement that the boys aren't "rich kids" well to be totally correct he is the grandfather and they get the best and granddaddy is the rich guy so sort of, maybe, so what. He is right the Frances are rich, and a whole ton of rich racers have passed their money along to the kids. The thing is we are surrounded by rich kids etc. and it shouldn't matter what someone else has, owes or gives away. No one should have to apologize for what their assets are or aren't.

funny thing is Harvick came up through the busch series & cup series with all the same advantages. A championship caliber Busch team, & then inherited the team that finished 2nd in points the year before. Pot meet kettle.

Oops, I didn't know Kevin's history until he was put into the Cup racing. I only paid attention to two drivers in Busch racing and those were Earnhardt Jr and Matt Kenseth. They had a thing going on who was going to win a race. What I remember was Dale won 2 championships and Matt didn't win any until he got to Cup. Apparently Kevin's ego got the best of him and he over reacted and probably spoiled any kind of connection he would have had at RCR.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:28 pm

Kevin started with a low buck team in the Craftsman Truck Series, Dale Earnhardt found him and convinced Richard to hire him. The 2001 season Kevin ran both the Busch series and Cup following Daytona for RCR winning the championship in the Busch series and I believe finished in the top five in Cup standings the same year.
Since the loss of Dale, Kevin has been the star driver there thus it was good business wise for both RCR and Kevin. Kevin gets a lot of promises over the years when his contract comes up and every time it's the same old thing-top ten team and RCR hasn't been a real contender since the mid 90's.
Kevin was given nothing from RCR when he and Delana started KHI, they were an alliance like the #78 team is in Cup today, that's all.
Everyone thinks DEI was started with RCR and it wasn't, the Truck Series was started with Ron Hutter Engines, just throwing that out there because I've seen or heard people say different over the years.
The only thing Kevin did wrong was say out loud what everyone else thinks and it was wrong on his part. Thinking it is one thing, but saying it is another. :lol: The rest of Kevins actions on the track and pit road, I HAVE NO COMMENT AT THIS TIME! :oops: :oops: :mrgreen:

Return to NASCAR & Racing