FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

"For what its worth department"

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:09 am

"For what its worth department"

250th Cup start for Montoya: Juan Pablo Montoya will make milestone start #250 in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series this weekend at Martinsville. Target and Montoya have found their way to victory lane 15 times together across four different series'. The duo visited victory lane 10 times in the CART Series, he gave them their first Indianapolis 500 win, first NSCS win and three wins in the Rolex 24 Hour Race at Daytona. Over the course of seven years (1999-2000, 2007-2013), Montoya has made 238 starts with the Target Bullseye.(NASCAR/Earnhardt Ganassi)(10-25-2013)....L@@K OUT jet dryers world wide. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

racer1

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:33 am

Re: "For what its worth department"

Montoya is considered a great driver but probably not for his Nascar career but other victories I would guess? His so so team has to take part of the blame also as it isn't just about the driver but a great team that knows how to setup a car etc.

BTW Montoya will be missed a lot as he is very popular and has a huge social media following moreso based on his foreign fan fanbase and what he has achieved outside of Nascar probably-- but still?? Will be interesting to see how he does back in Indycar? :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:16 pm

im not a fan of his driving style but he is a good guy, he is gettin a good ride next year from penske, will be interesting to see how he does.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:25 pm

I think he will be better in Indy cars.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:14 pm

I kinda like him. And he's provided a lot of fodder for NASCAR that's for sure.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 pm

see i ever found he humor in the whole jet dry thing, i dont remember what part of his car broke that he lost control, he was ucky he and the people in the dryer did not get hurt.... now you can goof on him for almost everything else, cuz he could be a stinker from time to time.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:09 pm

The man has a heckuva resume nascar notwithstanding.

And...hate to open this can of worms but I always thought he was HOT.
I strive to live by the Golden Rule, do you?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:39 am

im secure in my sexuality to admit if a man is good lookin, i do it to myself everyday :lol: :lol:

nascar isnt for everybody, dario struggled then got hurt sammy struggled, only person not to struggle was tony, i bet if danica went back to indy, she would be a ton better there, because she had to handle those big cars, now that will open the flood gates on this thread :twisted:
<<

racer1

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Well Dario basically was thrown to the wolves in the Cup series right away and couldnt qualify for most the races, then he lost sponsorship probably because of that and he was done. However he went back to Indycar and won 2 Championships back to back and an Indy 500 so nothing to be ashamed about for sure as he has had a great Indycar career? With his recent bad wreck some are saying he may not return but hope so as Ive been a fan of his a long time?

BTW driving stock cars does help in Indycar as driving a slippery car without downforce and learning how to control it in Nascar makes it easier in open wheeel if the car isnt perfect even with all the downforce they have. The "Dinger" has shown that very well being really easy for him as he almost won the 500 except for a seat belt issue?

Dont know if Danica will ever run the Indy500 again as she said she wouldnt unless she could get a car good enough with a top team to win it. Andretti has been the best pretty much since Indycar went to the new cars a couple yrs ago (the yr after she left Indycar), however she definately would never drive for Andretti again? Penske and Ganassi are top teams but neither one has ever fielded a car for a female driver in Indycar or Nascar that Iam aware of so can we say sexism is showing with these top teams so doubt that will ever happen? Penske asked Tony S to do the 500 for him and Tony declined and then one article said he would do so for Danica but doubt he would really give Danica a 500 ride (see above comment). The fact that she definately has better results at the indy500 then Tony S. ever did or many other drivers is proof she is the better choice. Tonys best finish was 9th at the 500 all his yrs there and Danica has top 10's or better every yr including the podium best of 3rd and a 4th as a rookie etc as its still considered her best race track. With Godaddy out of Indycar now its hard to say, but they like her and the old boss said they always would support her running the Indy500 again-- so never say never?

Its been said most her people want her to concentrate on this Cup series only but her results havent got better with her rookie season almost over now so I dont see much promise for next yr without changes to the team? Quess well see? :roll:

Return to NASCAR & Racing