FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Truex to Furniture Row........

<<

Annalee

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:46 pm

Truex to Furniture Row........

Truex Jr. to Furniture Row? A spokesman for the Barney Visser-Todd Berrier Chevy [#78 Furniture Row Racing] operation says the team is "very hopeful" of signing Martin Truex Jr. to a contract for 2014. Truex was victim of the Richmond (MWR) controversy, first making the championship playoffs in a hard stretch charge...only to be bounced out of the chase and replaced by #24-Jeff Gordon, in the wake of the #15-Clint Bowyer/#55-Brian Vickers flap. Not only did Truex get booted from the playoffs for no fault of his own, his sponsor NAPA is pulling the plug at the end of the season over the controversy. That has many Waltrip people quite worried about their own jobs for next season.(MikeMulhern.net)(10-12-2013)

Once again....If MWR would have told the truth!! I hope Martin Truex does well, he didn't deserve all this........he did nothing wrong....
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Re: Truex to Furniture Row........

Annalee wrote:Truex Jr. to Furniture Row? A spokesman for the Barney Visser-Todd Berrier Chevy [#78 Furniture Row Racing] operation says the team is "very hopeful" of signing Martin Truex Jr. to a contract for 2014. Truex was victim of the Richmond (MWR) controversy, first making the championship playoffs in a hard stretch charge...only to be bounced out of the chase and replaced by #24-Jeff Gordon, in the wake of the #15-Clint Bowyer/#55-Brian Vickers flap. Not only did Truex get booted from the playoffs for no fault of his own, his sponsor NAPA is pulling the plug at the end of the season over the controversy. That has many Waltrip people quite worried about their own jobs for next season.(MikeMulhern.net)(10-12-2013)

Once again....If MWR would have told the truth!! I hope Martin Truex does well, he didn't deserve all this........he did nothing wrong....

I think it will be cool with Ryan & Truex being teammates next year.
ImageImageImage
<<

Banjo14

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:56 am

Truex should jump at a chance to sign with Furniture Row. If he stays with MWR, he's finished.
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Truex won't do near as good as Busch has done!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:21 pm

wolfgang wrote:Truex won't do near as good as Busch has done!

Truex doesn't wreck the car when it isn't handling right.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Truex won't do near as good as Busch has done!

Truex doesn't wreck the car when it isn't handling right.

YOU'RE MAKIN' ME MAD! :shock:
Just watched Gator with good old Burt and Jerry Reed remember- the big goober Jerry had with him? :lol: :lol
Truex never impressed me aside when he was with Jr.Motorsports and even then in that time they had the dominate team in the Busch Series.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:16 pm

at least regan smith WON, kurt is a turd with a big mouth ( oh and i am not goofin )
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:53 am

From Jayski's.......

Truex looking at 2014 options UPDATE #78 Team: Martin Truex, Jr. has confirmed that he will not return to Michael Waltrip Racing in 2014. "I gave (Michael Waltrip) time to try and work it out and we tried to work it out together," said Truex. "But it's hard to put stuff together at this point of the year. So it's time now for me to figure out what I'm going to do, and figure it out quickly. I'm running out of time." Asked about speculation that he is the heir-apparent to Kurt Busch at Furniture Row Racing next season, Truex insisted, "there is nothing to talk about yet. They've done a great job this year and I'm interested in their program. They're definitely on my radar, but we'll just have to see where it goes." Truex said he has not made any inquiries about returning to the NASCAR Nationwide Series garage, where is a two-time champion, but did not rule out doing so in the future. "I've always loved the Nationwide Series and the time I was able to run there  even part-time while running Sprint Cup at DEI and MWR  was a lot of fun. It's something that I've missed in the past few seasons, and I'd be interested in going back there on a part-time basis (in addition to a full-time Sprint Cup ride)."
Truex admitted that the last few weeks have been among the most difficult of his career. It's been tough here lately, but we'll go back after them this weekend," he said. "All you can do is pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go back and try again. We've had a rough go of it lately, but it could always be worse. Hopefully, out of all this bad stuff that has happened, something good will develop."(Godfather Motorsports)(10-16-2013)
UPDATE: Martin Truex Jr. has agreed to drive the #78 Furniture Row Chevrolet in 2014. Sources say the parties came to terms on Wednesday night. A formal announcement is expected next Tuesday. In his eighth year as a full-time Sprint Cup driver, Truex has spent the past four seasons driving the #56 NAPA Toyota for Michael Waltrip Racing. However, MWRs manipulation of the outcome of the Sept. 7 race at Richmond International Raceway and subsequent sanctions from NASCAR resulted in Truexs disqualification from the Chase for the Sprint Cup and NAPAs decision to part ways with the organization at the end of the season.(A HREF="http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/martin-truex-jr-agrees-join-furniture-row-racing-team-2014-leaves-michael-waltrip-racing-101613">Fox Sports)(10-17-2013)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 am

I really feel sorry for Martin and what has happened to him, through no fault of his own, at MWR. He doesn't deserve what's happened to him. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

TishR

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:30 am

Congrats to Martin! Finally something good for him. I think he will do pretty well because he will be an extended teammate to Ryan at RCR.
Tish
<<

dirt93

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Glad he doesn't have to worry about next season. I hope he does really well at Furniture Row.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 pm

I have nothing but good wishes for Martin. He didn't deserve to get run over by MWR. But crap happens and I do believe he'll do well for Furniture Row. It has to be a harsh reality to have your career blown up when none of it is your fault.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:43 am

I think Ryan, Martin, Paul and Austin will do well.

Return to NASCAR & Racing