FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Todd Parrot suspended by NASCAR

<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:30 pm

Todd Parrot suspended by NASCAR

Todd Parrott, a crew member in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series (#43 team crew chief), has been indefinitely suspended from NASCAR for violating the sanctioning body's Substance Abuse Policy. On Oct. 17, Parrott was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) and 19 (violation of the NASCAR Substance Abuse Policy) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book.(NASCAR)(10-17-2013)
UPDATE: Upon notification today that employee Todd Parrott had violated NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy, Richard Petty Motorsports fully supports his indefinite suspension from NASCAR. Sammy Johns, Vice President of Operations and Competition, will handle crew chief duties on the #43 Ford this weekend at Talladega. He will also handle these duties on an interim basis until further notice. "We have an expectation of all RPM employees to conduct themselves at the highest level of professionalism and within the competitive confines as set forth by NASCAR," said Johns. "We are very disappointed that one of our employees did not meet our expectations and we completely support NASCAR, their policies and final decisions when it comes to the substance abuse policy."(RPM)(10-17-2013)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:19 pm

Re: Todd Parrot suspended by NASCAR

well wasn't expecting that.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:40 pm

As always I wonder what his substance of choice is.....................................
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:43 pm

I just wish they had as strick of domestic violence clause as they do with body substance abuse.... :( :(
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:35 am

onerockindoc wrote:As always I wonder what his substance of choice is.....................................

I would imagine Speed. ;) (crystal meth, crank, meth, ice, glass, fire, crypto, chalk)
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm thinking if it was speed, they'd be running a little faster... :shock: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Rochelle wrote:I'm thinking if it was speed, they'd be running a little faster... :shock: :lol:

Todd is, but not the car. :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 pm

AND Crew chief Todd Parrott said Tuesday night on Motor Racing Network's "NASCAR Live" that he's sorry for his actions, which caused him to violate NASCAR's Substance Abuse Policy and lose his job at Richard Petty Motorsports. "I was in a dark moment and it happened," Parrott told host Eli Gold. Parrott declined to reveal what banned substance he took. NASCAR indefinitely suspended him Thursday. Gold asked Parrott during "NASCAR Live'' if it was a long-time issue or something that happened that caused Parrott to be suspended. "It's just something that happened and my number came up," Parrott said. "Not a whole lot I can say. I feel bad about it, and I'm sorry for it and I'm ready to move on." Parrott said he's scheduled to meet with a counselor Wednesday to begin NASCAR's Road to Recovery program. "I have the support of my family and a lot of friends in the garage to go down this path,'' he said. "I'm sorry it came down to this, but it's a blessing, too ,that NASCAR has a path that helps you ... to be able to get back to work."(Motor Racing Network)(10-23-2013)

That statement makes me wonder how long he has been doing it.... I guess do it till you get caught.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:33 pm

Mike Helton and the third are just pi$$ed Todd had better chit than theirs! Who is running Nascar into the gutter,i think they should be tested for something! :shock:

Return to NASCAR & Racing