FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nationwide to cancel title Sponsorship in Series.......

<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 am

Nationwide to cancel title Sponsorship in Series.......

Nationwide will not renew Series sponsorship: Nationwide Insurance will exit its title sponsorship of NASCAR's secondary series following the '14 season, but the company plans to increase its spending in the sport by sponsoring a Sprint Cup team, buying media, cutting track deals and maintaining its position as NASCAR's official insurer. Nationwide is in the sixth year of a seven-year series title sponsorship. The title rights and media package cost approximately $8M a year. Nationwide CMO Matt Jauchius said the deal, which was signed in '07, had helped the company expand its business and earn the respect and trust of avid NASCAR fans. By increasing its sponsorship in the Sprint Cup, where it currently sponsors Roush Fenway Racing driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr., and continuing to endorse and feature Danica Patrick and Dale Earnhardt Jr. in advertising during Cup races, he hopes the company can expand brand awareness with casual NASCAR fans. Jauchius said, "Being a series sponsor was the right thing at that particular time but we see Sundays (for Cup races) as the next step. You'll see us lean into this even more at the Cup level. ... I will spend more money in 2014 and 2015 (in NASCAR) by shifting assets around a bit." NASCAR plans to begin searching for a new title sponsor immediately. That effort will be led by Chief Sales Officer Jim O'Connell.(Sports Business Journal)(9-18-2013)

Sponsorship is sooooo costly now and when you look at the stands lately (empty).....who can blame them?!? Plus it has become the Kyle Busch show and not series for up and coming talent like it use to be.........
I don't know but after all the controversy of last week and the week before with the (slap seen around the world), I am afraid this sport in general is becoming a joke!!! Sad.......

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:15 am

Re: Nationwide to cancel title Sponsorship in Series.......

A little NASCARISM TWEET.......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm
Prediction for title sponsor now that Nationwide is leaving: "The NASCAR Gene-Haas-Called-Us-While-Tony-Was-Napping Series."

I # Support Smoke
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:33 am

Good--I'm glad. I never liked calling it the "Nationwide Series" anyway.

Maybe Busch will come back as sponsor. I still call them the "Busch" races out of habit.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Nationwide series stopped being fun to follow around 2002 or so....can't really blame them

They shouldve left nationwide to the up-and comers and developmental drivers. 22 of the 26 races won by sprint cup ringers should tell you everything you need to know
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:23 am

I agree KMO and Annalee. Having the cup regulars in the series has ruined it.
Can't imagine how the NNWS drivers feel about the cup guys racing them. It only makes it harder for them to advance and to pick up sponsorship when these guys are competing with them.
I don't like the fact that some cup guys pick up track time in this series either. NASCAR should level the playing field in both divisions by not allowing the cup guys to race them. At least not so much...maybe something like a maximum of 2 races a year. And I would only say that in case they're actually drawing a few fans in to watch their favorite cup guys race.

Now, who would be a good primary sponsor?
Just off the top of my head, and of course, without knowing the resources or money that they have available, maybe NAPA should look into it. ;)
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:07 pm

I think NAPA saw so many dirty tricks by so many different drivers that they just might be a good pick for taking over the sponsorship of this series.
<<

jdpirate

Post Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:14 pm

BlackFlag wrote:Good--I'm glad. I never liked calling it the "Nationwide Series" anyway.

Maybe Busch will come back as sponsor. I still call them the "Busch" races out of habit.

That and it's still Winston Cup to me :lol:
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am

^^^^^^^^^Me too!!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I # Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing