FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Yes or No, Did NASCAR get it right by adding Gordon to Chase

<<

tlmerk

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:24 am

Yes or No, Did NASCAR get it right by adding Gordon to Chase

Just curious what my fellow SHR'ers are thinking right now.

Yea or Nay? Did NASCAR do the fair thing by adding Gordon as a 13th Chase driver? What about the penalties against Penske?

I think it's a good thing they let Gordon in and though I don't like it, I guess they had to allow Joey and Clint to stay in the Chase. Afterall, their teams paid dearly for their admittance! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

jdpirate

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Yes or No, Did NASCAR get it right by adding Gordon to C

Ummmm..... I'll not say anything other than I am not happy about it.
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:33 am

joe was in the chase regardless if the 38 gave him a spot or not, and his teammate didnt suffer from it, except for having a weak year.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 am

No....they did not get it right.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:19 am

onerockindoc wrote:No....they did not get it right.

What do you think they should have done?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm not sure about right or wrong anymore. I've read so much from those who know and who don't but have an opinions anyway that I'm more confused than ever. There are so many words to explain what happened and what didn't that it could take a life time to figure it out. Can't please everyone and there has to be a limit somewhere. There is one thing that will always bother me and that is someome standing face to face and lying.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:08 pm

michaeljohn wrote:joe was in the chase regardless if the 38 gave him a spot or not, and his teammate didnt suffer from it, except for having a weak year.

well if you fine tune it to that then you are right.
But lets look at it another way for a second.
If Clint doesn't spin on purpose. Joe(y) doesn't get in. But oh well, Clint does spin on purpose, so lets move on to the next events that occurred. Joe(y) gained 3 spots after the yellow. All three spots were given to him so he could get in the chase. So with or without the spin if there is a case for someone not making it in. it would be Joe(y).
ImageImageImage
<<

im4tony

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:45 pm

ndunn wrote:I'm not sure about right or wrong anymore. I've read so much from those who know and who don't but have an opinions anyway that I'm more confused than ever. There are so many words to explain what happened and what didn't that it could take a life time to figure it out. Can't please everyone and there has to be a limit somewhere. There is one thing that will always bother me and that is someome standing face to face and lying.

I agree with ndunn.
At first I thought they were doing what was right but now it gets more complicated. I am frustrated but then again my driver hasn't been around the last 4 races and won't be in the Chase. Thank heavens I have you guys!!!
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:05 pm

Truth....what is it?!? Why do people think they can say anything and expect that you will believe them.......I think Larry Mac Reynolds got it right when he said deduct 100 pts from Clint Boyer and let the chips fall were they should......Clint started it, he should be the one penalized and he got off with absolutely nothing..... Sad sad.....what makes me so very mad is that they expect us to believe them...how stupid do they think we are..... I am sorta happy Tony isn't involved in the chase this year.....it is a joke... I feel sorry for the drivers, especially Martin Truex he did nothing wrong!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:18 pm

No, I don't think they got it right.

For starters I feel like the guys in that room making the decisions were a jury of the drivers peers. I think that while Bowyer and team never admitted wrong doing I feel there was enough proof to kick him out of the chase.

Joey....ah...Joey....ok he's in....nothing anyone can do about it. I believe team Joey was kept out of the loop on the Gilliland deal.

Truex took it like a man, kudos to him. I hope Mikey sends him a really nice Christmas gift. Anyone here who feels bad for Truex needs to have their head examined. Period. Didn't your momma ever tell you that you are who you associate with? If you feel bad for anyone...please feel free to feel badly for Ryan Newman who was robbed of a win.

Putting Gordon in.....way to appease the biggest crybaby and his money bags boss.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

dirt93

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 pm

AT this point, nothing will make everyone happy. Someone will have an issue unless they benefit from it. The worse part is NASCAR has added more rules.

I'm kinda glad Tony isn't a part of this strange chase.

Hope Ryan kicks some A$$$$$$
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:46 pm

NO! Last Saturday they should have made it right and never brought out the caution for Bowyer and it would have been bussiness as usual. The majority of fans could still believe Nascar is an up and up sport and stay on fantasy island and watch for thee plane!!!
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:50 pm

H*ll! Reset all the points for all that made it in the top 43, f*ck it!!!!!
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:21 am

wolfgang wrote:H*ll! Reset all the points for all that made it in the top 43, f*ck it!!!!!

HAHAHA! This actually makes as much sense as anything else re. Richmond and this year's Chase.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:07 pm

Honestly, I can see what NASCAR's motivation was and applaud them for taking action to 'set things right'. However, (and I was pretty steadfast in this) I thought it was wrong for them to retroactively add/remove drivers from the chase in the first place. By doing so, NASCAR played revisionist history and opened up alot of what-ifs; are we certain that Ryan Newman wouldve won the race with 9 laps to go? or that Martin Truex wouldnt have raced his way in anyways? In going back and revising the standings based on the richmond race, NASCAR complete disrespected the results of the actual racing itself.

I was of the opinion that they shouldve kept the chase field as the race results dictated it, but shouldve punished MWR and Penske AFTER the points reset (levying heavy-a** penalties too, like 100 point deductions from all the MWR cars and Penske cars). That way, the results of the race are respected and preserved, and at the same time, you've set a HEAVY deterrent by effectively knocking all the cheater cars out of contention.

EDIT: my proposal might not be the most popular one because it means that ryan newman misses the chase in this scenario, but who's to say he doesnt cut down a tire with 3 to go?
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing