FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Penske wanted deal.... with 38 Gilliland to get Logano in

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:04 pm

Re: Penske wanted deal.... with 38 Gilliland to get Logano

i know my brain is going to hurt come sunday nite or monday, because that one special member
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Are we talking member or...."member"?

Sometimes I crack myself up.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:07 pm

so immature
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:09 pm

That would be me, you....and a few others that will go un named at this point. Feel free to tag yourselves.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:10 pm

ive been too sick this week to be my lovin immature self
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:13 pm

michaeljohn wrote:sorry i see things different, look at kyle, matty, jj, those 3 teams busted their buts to be in the chase, they didnt wait til the last couple weeks to start running well enough to be in the chase

I understand what your saying and agree. With this being a new car this season and some teams having a hard time getting their arms around the performance. I can appreciate a late season run.

This is also amusing as well for me and I'm going to quote something that bothers me.

"just sayin"
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:16 pm

i dig where your coming from, i guess im just jaded cuz of nascar makin up rules as they go along.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:25 pm

Looks like Jeff Gordon "may" get in after all? ;)
Penske is really starting to :oops: the BK fans!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 am

On Twitter:

Nate Ryan ‏@nateryan 11m
Statement from #nascar this morning: #nascar is continuing to gather all the facts from Richmond and will have no comment until complete.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Banjo14

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:37 am

Will we know who is actually in the Chase before the race begins on Sunday? :oops:
This season has had a stank on it for several weeks; but now it is beginning to resemble Obama's foreign policy. :x
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:24 am

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't see the race, so I just have to listen to everyone. I haven't been watching much of the races for a while. Always gone doing something else.

I just hope it's all cleared up by chase day #1.

But I don't doubt a lot more cheating was going on that race than the others this year. Probably not the last either near the last couple this season either.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

dirt93

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:04 pm

The way it looks to me is that Penske and his cronies went over to the Gilliland pit box and told them to let Joey pass the #38. In exchange for something they have been asking for.... That's what the radio chatter implied between the #38 team.

I kinda wonder if Joey knew anything about this because there was NO radio communication from the #22 team telling Joey anything.

Either way the whole Richmond mess is just ridiculous. But on the bright side, its not the NFL or MLB where the players go to jail for killing and steroids.

NASACR just tries to cheat it up a bit...
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:12 pm

dirt93 wrote:The way it looks to me is that Penske and his cronies went over to the Gilliland pit box and told them to let Joey pass the #38. In exchange for something they have been asking for.... That's what the radio chatter implied between the #38 team.

I kinda wonder if Joey knew anything about this because there was NO radio communication from the #22 team telling Joey anything.

Either way the whole Richmond mess is just ridiculous. But on the bright side, its not the NFL or MLB where the players go to jail for killing and steroids.

NASACR just tries to cheat it up a bit...

Joey said he had no clue, until he got off the plane this morning when his phone was blowing up. I can believe that, since why would the 22 team be talking to Joey about it?
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:08 pm

Not Bowyer,Lagano,or even Johnson will win the championship this year! :mrgreen:
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:14 am

hahaha, it was amazing hearing tim cindric (president of penske racing) on sirius xm basically deny everything the 38 radio suggested (ie, said there was no bribing/no manipulation/ roger penske had NO idea/ and that this didnt affect the chase field at all . http://bit.ly/19O1bpW judge for yourselves).

Though I guess in this case, penske never directly implicated themselves with radio communications. So we have the smoking gun, and a pretty idea of whodunnit, but the fingerprints have been wiped clean, so there's no direct evidence linking team penske (which is why I think no penalties have been handed down as of yet).

Another factor weighing in all of this how big of a role does multi-billion dollar conglomerate like Shell play in determining how heavy the penalty (if any!) is enacted.
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing