FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hendrick says Gordon was robbed........

<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:58 pm

Hendrick says Gordon was robbed........

Hendrick says Gordon was 'robbed': Hendrick Motorsports team owner Rick Hendrick said he was just as mad as his driver, #24-Jeff Gordon, over the penalties NASCAR handed down Monday night regarding Michael Waltrip Racing's attempt to manipulate the outcome of Saturday night's race at Richmond, Va. Hendrick went on to say, "Jeff Gordon got robbed. On to the Chase and try to win it." Gordon, and his wife, Ingrid Vandebosch, posted several messages on Twitter following NASCAR's announcement expressing their displeasure with the decision. Gordon was in position to make the Chase in the closing laps by finishing in the Top 10 in points but with MWR's cars pitting and pulling off the track and losing positions Joey Logano ended up with claiming a position in the Top 10, leaving Gordon out. Gordon went on to say, even he was taken out of the equation, he didn't agree with NASCAR effectively allowing Bowyer to contend for the series championship with no further penalty.(Charlotte Observer)(9-11-2013)

He sure was.......I was wondering why Hendrick did not say anything.....NASCAR needs to make this right too. NASCAR either make this right or Hendrick needs to start making Jeff enough cars to take the matter in his own hands....this whole mess is getting worse by the day.... :( They need to add Jeff to the Chase....period!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Re: Hendrick says Gordon was robbed........

Doesn't matter to me,long as Ryan and Kevin are in! ;)
Last edited by wolfgang on Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:13 am

I personally don't think Jeff deserves to be in the chase. Hasn't done much all year and the last time he raced his way in, he was just filler. I don't condone what was done last weekend but don't much care about team orders... Happens all the time in F1 and I'm sure it's happened in NASCRAP before too, just not so blatant or at such a crucial time. Sorry, but if the VP of my company tells me to do something, I'm doing it. I'm glad Ryan is in the chase but all this hoopla has overshadowed the announcement of him going to the 31 next year. All NASCRAP has to do is get rid of this chase crap and make the wins worth more, then they'll have their champion. But that's my opinion, for what it's worth...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:24 am

Rochelle wrote:I personally don't think Jeff deserves to be in the chase. Hasn't done much all year and the last time he raced his way in, he was just filler. I don't condone what was done last weekend but don't much care about team orders... Happens all the time in F1 and I'm sure it's happened in NASCRAP before too, just not so blatant or at such a crucial time. Sorry, but if the VP of my company tells me to do something, I'm doing it. I'm glad Ryan is in the chase but all this hoopla has overshadowed the announcement of him going to the 31 next year. All NASCRAP has to do is get rid of this chase crap and make the wins worth more, then they'll have their champion. But that's my opinion, for what it's worth...

I'm all for getting rid of the chase.

but to the subject. I love when a team owner comes to the defense of a driver that has been wronged. I give kudos to Mr. H. he didnt mix words & try to be PC. He flat told nascar (& whoever else listening) Gordon was robbed. I like that. it may not do any good, but it is nice when an owner speaks up for their driver. (unlike some companies)
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:56 am

Schmoopy......You are wrong on your final comment, you have no idea what went on behind closed doors..
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:05 am

and you do??????
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:49 am

Annalee wrote:Schmoopy......You are wrong on your final comment, you have no idea what went on behind closed doors..

I am not talking behind closed doors. You think Nascar feels pressure when things are said behind closed doors?
ImageImageImage
<<

BlackFlag

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:52 pm

The only person that ever robbed Jeff Gordon was his first wife, Brooke. ;)
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:04 pm

I don't think Brooke robbed Jeff. If he didn't have a prenup it was his own fault.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 pm

Well if Jeff would have kept his *clown :shock: noise* in his pants she wouldn't have gotten all she did. he did that to himself.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Well if Jeff would have kept his *clown :shock: noise* in his pants she wouldn't have gotten all she did. he did that to himself.

OH YES HE DID! ;)

Return to NASCAR & Racing