<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:55 pm

NAPA

Napa know how to cheat!
Napa don't know how to win!

NAPA

Never Any Parts Avaliable!
Last edited by wolfgang on Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 am

Re: NAPA

NAPA reviewing sponsorship with Michael Waltrip Racing

Nate Ryan, USA TODAY Sports 10:26 a.m. EDT September 11, 2013

In the wake of penalties to Michael Waltrip Racing for manipulating the results of Saturday's race at Richmond International. Raceway, NAPA is reviewing its sponsorship of the team.

The auto parts supplier, which sponsors the No. 56 Toyota of Martin Truex Jr., posted a statement Wednesday morning on its Facebook page that said:

"The actions taken by Michael Waltrip's Racing team this past weekend leading to the penalties assessed by NASCAR, are very concerning. We are disappointed that a partner associated with our organization would make such a significant error in judgment. In addition, we have launched our own review to determine the future of our partnership with Michael Waltrip's Racing team. The NAPA AUTO PARTS organization is proud of its long-standing NASCAR relationship. We share a passion with our customers for high quality racing and seek to determine the best course of action for our customers, NASCAR fans, and the NAPA organization."

NAPA has been affiliated with team owner Michael Waltrip since entering NASCAR's premier series 12 years ago, winning its debut as his primary sponsor in the 2001 Daytona 500. It moved with Waltrip when he formed his own Sprint Cup team in 2007 and was aligned with Truex's No. 56 when he joined MWR in 2010.

Last August, NAPA and Truex both signed multiyear extensions.

Truex was bounced Monday from a Chase for the Sprint Cup wild card spot when NASCAR docked 50 points from him and teammates Clint Bowyer and Brian Vickers, fined MWR $300,000 and indefinitely suspended general manager Ty Norris.

NASCAR said Norris' command to Vickers to pit late in the race (which helped improve Joey Logano's standing and earned Truex the final wild card) was the primary basis for its decision. Bowyer also spun to trigger a final caution with seven laps remaining that adversely affected the chances for a win by Ryan Newman, who was battling Truex for the wild card.

Newman made the Chase in that slot after Truex's points were stripped.

:arrow: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/na ... r/2798025/
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:43 am

Then, there is this Tweet from 5 Hour Energy:

5-hour ENERGY® ‏@5hourenergy 17h
We respect NASCAR's penalties against MWR & are addressing our sponsorship relations internally. We appreciate your understanding & patience

Troubling times at WMR.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:33 am

HiddenHollow wrote:Then, there is this Tweet from 5 Hour Energy:

We respect NASCAR's penalties against MWR & are addressing our sponsorship relations internally. We appreciate your understanding & patience

Troubling times at WMR.

Twitter is really coming down hard on MWR.
ImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:42 am

HiddenHollow wrote:Then, there is this Tweet from 5 Hour Energy:

Troubling times at WMR.

MWR made their bed and now they have to sleep in it ......they need to stop the spin, and come clean with what they have done!! No one believes what they are saying and it just makes this matter even worse! If they want it to go away and try and salvage any relationship with their sponsors, stop the hype and clear the air.......The truth will set you free.

Any other teams looking for sponsorship, better jump on it!! I think Jr needs some.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:46 am

If "5-Hour Energy" is going to pull their sponsorship, Bowyer might as well blame the spin on drinking too many bottles of the stuff! *hic* *hic*
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I doubt if MWR ever thought the goofing around would produce the firestorm that happened. They were looking to the millions they could get but didn't think about the competitors who would stand up for their rights. Not everyone got their due say like Jeff. I think the people who suggest Jeff as the 13th driver are as close as can be to being fair to him as they can be. I'm not at all surprised that the sponsors for MWR are thinking over what they want to continue investing in. Look what happened to Paula Deen with her so called Southern way of speaking. The Southern way of speaking has nothing to do with what she said.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Banjo14

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:16 pm

:ugeek: Mikey better bite the bullet and fire Norris ASAP, or his organization will be hemorrhaging all of its sponsorship.
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Banjo14 wrote::ugeek: Mikey better bite the bullet and fire Norris ASAP, or his organization will be hemorrhaging all of its sponsorship.

It's too late for them, the deed has been done. Everybody hates MWR right now. At the end of the day, sponsors are only in it to bring 1) brand exposure and 2) positive marketability. Once one of those things are compromised (ie, not getting good enough performance for exposure or a negative scandal), they are done. They cannot risk PAYING for negative publicity.

I harken back to the 2008 F1 singapore crashgate involving nelson piquet JR. and Renault. Similar situation, piquet jr intentionally crashed to bring out the safety car (basically a caution) that helped his teammate (alonso) win the race. Team boss Flavio Briatore and the executive director of engineering pat symonds left the team with immediate effect. DIDN'T MATTER. title sponsor ING Financial Group left the team and F1 completely at the end of the season.

I wouldnt be surprised to see 5 hour energy leave for good. Maybe not NAPA, since they have such a longstanding relationship with NASCAR.
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:21 pm

NAPA,big differance when they were with DEI from Truck Series to Cup Series than where they are today huh?
Looooong time before any wins and now this? :shock:
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:27 pm

Maybe Napa & 5 hour energy will look to Ryan or Jeff in sponsoring them.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:28 pm

kim92164 wrote:Maybe Napa & 5 hour energy will look to Ryan or Jeff in sponsoring them.

my 1st thought is if Napa left MWR for Gordons car. He has been the big loser in this whole thing. That would teach MWR LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:11 pm

kim92164 wrote:Maybe Napa & 5 hour energy will look to Ryan or Jeff in sponsoring them.

One could only hope! :mrgreen:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:18 pm

wolfgang wrote:

I still have hopes that QL goes with Ryan to the 31.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
wolfgang wrote:

I still have hopes that QL goes with Ryan to the 31.

The way i found out the sponsors following Kevin to SHR was by going straight to the sponsors sites,we should try that?
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing