FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

It's Official! Newman is in the Chase due to MWR penalties!

<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:49 pm

It's Official! Newman is in the Chase due to MWR penalties!

Yahoo! I think there were just too many people in arms (on every website and forum I read since Saturday) about Richmond and discussing the lack of integrity and consistency by NASCAR and how it has become a joke!

Kudos to NASCAR for making the right decision. But what is strange is that the video that accompanies the article on NASCAR's website clearly shows Edwards bumping Menard at the restart and then being an entire car length ahead at the penalty line, yet not one word about taking away his win or even just admitting that he jumped the restart. Guess we have to be happy about the stand they took. Awesome, and timely too.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:55 pm

Re: It's Official! Newman is in the Chase due to MWR penalt

I was completely surprised by the penalties handed out to MWR. All this time I thought NASCAR would just lean back and do nothing. They certainly fooled me.

NASCAR will have Ryan Newman replace Martin Truex Jr. in the Chase.

NASCAR has penalized all three Michael Waltrip Racing cars with a 50 points penalty, 50 championship driver points and 50 championship owner points per team (15, 55 and 56).

NASCAR has also fined Michael Waltrip Racing $300,000 and indefinitely suspended Ty Norris, Michael Waltrip Racing Executive Vice President and General Manager.

All three crew chiefs, Brian Pattie (15), Scott Miller (55) and Chad Johnson (56) have been placed on NASCAR probation until December 31st.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:33 am

beaverpond wrote:I was completely surprised by the penalties handed out to MWR. All this time I thought NASCAR would just lean back and do nothing. They certainly fooled me.

You and me both, Beav. :oops:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

duffygoofy

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 am

What ever happened to the last restart? Did they say anything about that?
ImageImage
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:15 pm

I guess NASCAR's official response is that Menard spun his tires. They neglected to discuss that Edwards first bumped him or how they can differentiate this restart from JJ's or anyone else's. Guess we take what we can but the video seems so blatant to me. Edwards knows he's not supposed to be in front of Menard when they restarted. Jeesh!

I think NASCAR didn't want to make 2 radical decisions at once and for them to have decided Edwards was illegal in his restart would have stripped him of the win and that would have been a TON of headache logistically. That's my opinion anyway.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:00 pm

Ryan should be in the chase after all that,unfortunately there's nothing Nascar can do about the race win at this point! :x
The one thing for sure now is,Bowyer won't win the Cup and i believe Gordon will make sure of that! 8-)
<<

duffygoofy

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:30 am

wolfgang wrote:Ryan should be in the chase after all that,unfortunately there's nothing Nascar can do about the race win at this point! :x
The one thing for sure now is,Bowyer won't win the Cup and i believe Gordon will make sure of that! 8-)

I'm sure Jeff will do something about that!! I know I would!!! :twisted: :twisted:
ImageImage
<<

BlackFlag

Post Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:39 am

Mikey needs to move his operation to INDY car racing if they're gonna pull stunts like this.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.

Return to NASCAR & Racing