FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big NASCAR presser at 8:15 tonight........ESPN

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:13 pm

Re: Big NASCAR presser at 8:15 tonight........ESPN

HERE IT IS....... :mrgreen: I AM SO HAPPY........
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:38 pm

From SHR.... Sign in Sign up

Stewart-Haas Racing
@ StewartHaasRcng
Kannapolis, NC
Welcome to the official Twitter page for Stewart-Haas Racing.
stewarthaasracing.com

Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 30m
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." -- Buddha
View details ·

Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 55m
This is @RyanNewman39's 5th Chase appearance. He finished 7th in his Chase debut in 2004, 6th in 2005, 9th in 2009 & 10th in 2011.
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 58m
"...are looking forward to competing for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship.”
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 58m
"... I know it was a tough decision to make. With that being said, myself, Matt Borland (crew chief) and this entire No. 39 team...
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 59m
.@RyanNewman39 Statement: "I am proud that NASCAR took a stand with respect to what went on Saturday night at Richmond...
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 60m
"...for taking the time to do the necessary due diligence to ensure that the right call was made.”
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 60m
"...NASCAR was put in a very difficult position Saturday night at Richmond and we commend the sanctioning body...
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 1h
#TonyStewart Statement: “We’re very pleased with NASCAR’s decision to provide Ryan Newman’s rightful place in this year’s Chase...
View details ·
Stewart-Haas Racing @StewartHaasRcng 1h
BREAKING NEWS: @RyanNewman39 is IN this year's Chase. Martin Truex Jr. is OUT, per #NASCAR ruling
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:47 pm

I am just...speechless :shock:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:00 pm

beaverpond wrote:I am just...speechless :shock:

I have never known you to be speechless....... ;)
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:05 pm

That is because they could not shut me up during the committee meeting and school board meeting tonight and then there were the two executive sessions and there was no keeping me quiet there either.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

dirt93

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:36 pm

I am so happy they did something about i. I remember Menard spun out to bring out a caution a few years back. Thought it was shady and they didn't do anything about it. The stupid thing is that EVERONE has a radio and can hear EVERYTHING being said. At least make up some secret code words....

YAY for NEWMAN!! I believe he would have won and made the chase.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 pm

wolfgang wrote:
TishR wrote:They should have put everything back to the points prior to Boyer's spin.

Newman and Gordon in; Truex Jr. and Lagano out!

In all seriousness I am shocked they (NASCAR) did anything.

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%,even if i prefered #24 out! :lol:

Me too! Jeff should be in too!
<<

muskrat

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:21 pm

It was 300,000 total, not per car right? but still that is the heftiest fine I have ever heard of and sends a very clear message to MWR, and I just read on twitter that MWR IS NOT going to appeal. They know they are guilty
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm

Wow, I had computer problems and spent the last 3 hours or so with our provider so missed all of this until just now. I am surprised that NASCAR did at least something. So pleased the the MWR organization was hit by the fan they had aimed at others. Integrity is a big word and means so much but it doesn't take that much to have it. It is just choice and this case shows some people didn't have it.

I've had some time to think about this incident and am sad to some degree that this all happened because someone decided to change the outcome of a race and the chase. I'm just glad NASCAR tried to make ammends because this dim-witted move on the part of MWR involves millions of dollars to one race team. It also showed sponsors NASCAR does care. The result of the move made way more people aware of what happened. I saw a ticker tape below a baseball game telling what was going on. One never sees NASCAR invade a baseball game.
Last edited by ndunn on Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:43 am

muskrat wrote:It was 300,000 total, not per car right? but still that is the heftiest fine I have ever heard of and sends a very clear message to MWR, and I just read on twitter that MWR IS NOT going to appeal. They know they are guilty

When this first broke on ESPN Marty Smith said it was $300,000 per car.....900,000 in total. He at that time said that he had heard earlier in the day, 5 million :shock: :shock: .......because I live here rumors were swirling about 5 million! I knew this would be big, but I didn't have any idea... Also in the rumor mill was Logano out Gordon in......don't know what happened to that?? :roll:

JMO.......Ryan is lucky to have Quicken Loans as a sponsor!!! Not only do they sponsor Ryan, but the also sponsor races!!! They tweeted yesterday This( the race) doesn't pass the smell test! Corporate Money and integrity have a way of changing a lot of things! :D Thank goodness clearer
minds prevailed ......there is still some integrity left in the world....
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 am

boy i remember last year how many here thought clint was great and funny, how quickly people turn on him
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:28 am

michaeljohn wrote:boy i remember last year how many here thought clint was great and funny, how quickly people turn on him

think a lot of us ppl thought that just a few days ago.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I think this tweet is pretty funny........ :D :D
"RYAN NEWMAN JUST GOT AARON'S LUCKY DOG"........ :lol: :lol:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:59 pm

MWR Executive Ty Norris Reinstated After 2013 Suspension

By Bob Pockrass Sporting News

NASCAR has reinstated Michael Waltrip Racing executive Ty Norris, who spent 10 races on indefinite suspension for his role in manipulating the finish of the Sept. 7 race at Richmond International Raceway last year.

Norris, who was the MWR general manager but now focuses on sponsorship and the commercial side of the business with no role in competition, also had served as spotter for driver Brian Vickers last year.

Near the end of the race at Richmond, MWR driver Clint Bowyer spun, bringing out a late caution flag. Norris later instructed Vickers to come down pit road under green, losing positions that helped Martin Truex Jr. earn a spot in the Chase for the Sprint Cup.

NASCAR determined that MWR manipulated the finish of the race, docking each of the drivers 50 points and knocking Truex out of the Chase. It also fined the team a record $300,000 and indefinitely suspended Norris.

NAPA, the sponsor for Truex, later pulled its sponsorship from the organization, which has turned the Truex team into a research-and-development group that will only race occasionally in 2014.

Lifting the suspension allows Norris to return to the racetrack. He is expected to be at the track but with no plans to work as a spotter. He will remain focused on MWR's sponsors.

“I appreciate NASCAR’s action today and respect their position,” Norris said in a statement. “I am focused forward and dedicated to the success of Michael Waltrip Racing and the continued growth of a sport that has been my home for the past 24 years.”

Norris will remain on NASCAR probation indefinitely.

:arrow: http://www.sportingnews.com/nascar/stor ... suspension
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing