FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

To play a little Devils advocate.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:36 am

To play a little Devils advocate.

I am not Happy with Clint or MWR right now. Probably wont be for a bit.
With that said, don't know if holding a grudge to the drivers like some of us do will be the correct thing.
They were obviously following direction from their employers. (Clint & Vickers) Just like awhile back when Bayne was ordered to not hook up in a tandem draft with Gordon late in the race. Does a driver tell his employers to "F" off? I don't think you would see that happen to often. Not from inside their race cars anyways. So do we hold it against the drivers & hold a grudge, for them doing what they were told to do? No matter what I will hold a grudge against MWR as a company (& Mark Martin) but I am not sure once I am no longer mad, that I will hold a grudge to Vickers & Clint for this........... but I still might (#undecided)

Just thought I would show a different point of view to look at this. Kinda like when Rooty was told to wreck Kyle in the chase. You could tell he didn't want too, but he did it anyways. maybe Clint saying that sucks was because he knew he had to do something he didn't want to do. Vickers radio seemed like he was surprised & had no clue of the plan when they told him to pit.

trust me forgiving them right now is not in my heart, but you cant make a good argument without looking at both sides of a scenario.

Just some other food for thought.

(one thing is for sure though. it was a corrupt finish done on purpose. Don't think that can be honestly argued anymore)
ImageImageImage
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: To play a little Devils advocate.

I read your opinions and perhaps the men felt forced to do what they did but it was a rotten thing for Waltrip to even get them involved.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:53 pm

ndunn wrote:I read your opinions and perhaps the men felt forced to do what they did but it was a rotten thing for Waltrip to even get them involved.

yeah MWR is definitely needing blame & all the bad that might come with it. Just playing a lil devils advocate for the pawns that were in play.

but lets be clear here. As of right now I haven't forgiven anyone yet :mrgreen:
I am talking how I might look at it once I get over Ryan getting screwed.

Heard a rumor about going after MWR for like 5 million somewhere (been reading a lot of sites lately they all merge to me right now) Guess that is what they are to gain for the team making the chase or something like that.
ImageImageImage
<<

Banjo14

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:27 pm

:evil: If there’s any justice, the Chase will be a 2011 scenario with say: Bowyer vs Kahne; and going into Homestead, Bowyer will have the lead to win the championship -- until Johnson and Earnhardt get off the track to allow Kahne to finish two positions higher and win the cup by one point… :twisted: :twisted:
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:27 pm

Ryan gets in the chase all is good with me as i believe Bowyer was just following team orders.MW i never cared for,so now i really have a reason to dislike him aside being in the booth during the truck series and still wondering wtf did Dale Snr. ever hire him to drive his cars-he sucks!
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!

Return to NASCAR & Racing