FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR INVESTIGATING BOWYER SPIN AT RICHMOND

<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:24 am

Re: NASCAR INVESTIGATING BOWYER SPIN AT RICHMOND

*I already posted this in the Ryan section, but I feel that everybody should read this:

This might not belong here because it's not specifically about Ryan Newman, but anyone who still has doubts about last night's shenanigan's, should read this: http://bit.ly/1avxZZ2. I was wondering how logano was able to pass cars after he was waved around on that final restart with old tires, and now we know.......

I quote a particularly alarming detail from the article:

"The resulting spin caused Bowyer to come into the pits, and sit. And sit. We also saw team mate Brian Vickers slowing down to within 20 mph of pace car speed on the final lap. Bowyer finished 25th on the day, 2 laps down with Vickers 24th, a lap down. This help ensure the 23rd place Logano, also a lap down, got the spots he needed to finish a point ahead of Gordon in the top ten in points. Newman’s pit crew messed up the last stop so he dropped from first to fifth for the re-start and finished third on the day. Truex was within four positions of him to make the Chase on a tie-breaker. "

Shady as F**k. This doesn't go for just Bowyer, but the 55 as well as the entire MWR organization
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:26 am

I also heard Vickers never even took the checkers. Just pulled off the track on the last lap. he was 10 seconds off the pace with an avg speed of like 79.5 MPH or something like that.
ImageImageImage
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 am

I thought Clint was acting like the kid with his hand caught in the cookie jar. I'm like the rest of you that NASCAR won't do anything. If they did I think it should be to set an example of them by kicking Logano and Truex out of the chase and putting Ryan and Jeff in and at the same time hit Clint with so many point deducted after the first race in the chase. If it was my choice I'd kick Clint out of the chase as well and add McMurray to the chase. It would send a message to all teams not to do that again.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:39 am

If NASCAR does anything, which I doubt, it will probably only be fines. I don't see them doing anything that would change the 12 drivers currently in the Chase.

Still, I don't think they have enough solid proof, unless a driver admits to it.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Banjo14

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:17 am

I'm with the folks who say NASCAR will not change the outcome of the Richmond race. The most anybody can expect would be a fine and maybe a points penalty for Bowyer (it would be hard to blame Truex for trying to improve his position) -- unless NASCAR penalizes MWR overall. The Chase line-up is set; and I recommend that Bowyer keep the PAYBACK rule :twisted: in the back of his mind.
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:12 am

You now have corporations who could loose multi millions of corporate sponsorship dollars, that could tell NASCAR to take a hike and leave NASCAR.... There are too many other places that they can invest their time and money where their interests are better suited ....

You have Quicken Loans, Chevy, AARP...... very,very big sponsors! NASCAR cannot afford to do nothing!!!! Plus the credibility of the sport, who has owners like MWR.....that cannot make into the chase on their ability to hire talent ,have to resort to cheating, and controlling the outcome of the Championships... Talk about looking like fools!!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:13 pm

I read Ron Thornton's story in Speedway Media .com. Wow I wonder what he really thinks. Seemed good to read someone elses opinion regarding MWR.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:42 pm

ndunn wrote:I read Ron Thornton's story in Speedway Media .com. Wow I wonder what he really thinks. Seemed good to read someone elses opinion regarding MWR.

thanks ndunn, I bookmarked that site.
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing