FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Nascar Bans Kelly Heaphy

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:27 pm

Nascar Bans Kelly Heaphy

In the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Bryan Berry, crew chief of the No. 6 team, has been fined $2,500 for violating Sections 12-1 and 9-4A (Crew chief assumes responsibility for the actions of his team members) following Sunday’s race at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park.

Kelly Heaphy, who was with the No. 6 team at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park, has been fined $2,500 and denied access to all NASCAR events indefinitely for her involvement in an altercation with a competitor following Sunday’s race.

I was hoping the sanctioning body would do something. Shouldn't have to be up to the driver to press charges to make people follow Nascar rules. So I am glad Nascar did something. If Max did it would just make him look bad. I do think it is odd they fined her. Unless she has a Nascar license, not sure how she falls into that parameter. But nonetheless glad they did it.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:16 pm

Re: Nascar Bans Kelly Heaphy

I would say, she is definitely a loose cannon.....I think, if I remember right, on the fine print of the hot pass issued by NASCAR it says something about bad conduct and liability, etc....etc...
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:09 pm

max looked like a wussy on CNN, saying she dislocated his jaw, then took it back, said it just stung, he still a jerk, this is probably the most attention he has ever had.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Kelly Heaphy wasn't the only one fined after the race. Mike Steen's crew chief was also fined for not keeping his team under control. This happened when one of the crew members leaned into the truck after Papis before he was able to get out. This was caught by a camera so there was no denying of what happened. I saw the video yesterday.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 pm

ndunn wrote:Kelly Heaphy wasn't the only one fined after the race. Mike Steen's crew chief was also fined for not keeping his team under control. This happened when one of the crew members leaned into the truck after Papis before he was able to get out. This was caught by a camera so there was no denying of what happened. I saw the video yesterday.

yeah it is posted that the CC was fined also. he is responsible for his people.
ImageImageImage
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
ndunn wrote:Kelly Heaphy wasn't the only one fined after the race. Mike Steen's crew chief was also fined for not keeping his team under control. This happened when one of the crew members leaned into the truck after Papis before he was able to get out. This was caught by a camera so there was no denying of what happened. I saw the video yesterday.

yeah it is posted that the CC was fined also. he is responsible for his people.

Like the captain of a ship. It ends with him/her.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

BlackFlag

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Yea, that was some slap she gave him.
Who does she think she is-----Joey Logano's Dad??
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

dirt93

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:35 pm

I am glad they did something too. That was a stupid thing to do especially since there are cameras all around. The one in Max car was a bit of good luck for catching it.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

NASCARNan

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:54 pm

Agree with NASCAR. She did not have the right to do that! Way to go NASCAR!
NASCAR Nan

Return to NASCAR & Racing