FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

new JJ espn commercial.....

<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 4:29 pm

new JJ espn commercial.....

this new espn commercial gave me chills, not cuz t has JJ in it, because of the concept and what appears

I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:05 pm

Re: new JJ espn commercial.....

I'm offended,that's not the real Dale Earnhardt Snr.in the back ground false advertisement! :mrgreen:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:08 pm

you should be offended, because the real MJ is not posting to your response, a member of his staff is....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:15 pm

michaeljohn wrote:you should be offended, because the real MJ is not posting to your response, a member of his staff is....

you mean you have people?
You need to have your people contact Wolfgangs people to get this straightened out with all the people!!! :shock:
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:21 pm

yes we need people to get in the middle of it and make it one big mess
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Wolfgangs staff respondse,seven is already in the books and after the last three races with the #48 i don't think six is coming any quicker than five for #24. :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:31 pm

from the desk of MJM.................

JJ got 5 championships quicker than dale, oh wait he got it faster then anyone in nascar......
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Sorry, didn't do a thing for me.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:50 pm

michaeljohn wrote:from the desk of MJM.................

JJ got 5 championships quicker than dale, oh wait he got it faster then anyone in nascar......

thanks to the gimmick we call the chase :mrgreen:
just saying...... apples to oranges.
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Sorry, didn't do a thing for me.

Me either!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 pm

guess what ladies, dont really care if it had done anything for ya, just jealous fat boy tony wasnt in it, of course if he was he would be the guy walking up and down pit road grabbing the other drivers in the rear, maybe that explains why he has never been married, except to a monkey :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:38 am

Hmmmmm?????? What all has Tony accomplished.....
Pick a racing series. Choose a style of racecar. Name a venue. Chances are, Tony Stewart has proven victorious.
The driver of the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops / Mobil 1 Chevrolet in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series has scored 12 championships since he first wheeled a go-kart in 1978 at a Westport, Ind., racetrack.

His most widely known titles are the three he scored in NASCAR’s pinnacle series. The three-time Sprint Cup Series champion earned his first crown in 2002 by beating veteran racer Mark Martin by 38 points and a second in 2005 when he bested Greg Biffle by 35 points. His third title was earned in 2011 after winning the season finale at Homestead Speedway to edge Carl Edwards on a tiebreaker (most wins). It was the first championship for a driver/owner since 1992 when Alan Kulwicki accomplished the feat.

In 2009 Stewart became the first driver/owner to win a Sprint Cup race since Ricky Rudd was victorious in 1998. Stewart found victory lane five times during the season including the prestigious Sprint All-Star Race and the million dollar purse that accompanied it.

Championships begat championships for Stewart, as the Columbus, Ind.-native came to NASCAR in 1999 by way of the IRL IndyCar Series, where he was the series champion in 1997. And before he made his mark in Indy cars, Stewart made a name for himself in the rough-and-tumble world of the United States Auto Club (USAC). He has four USAC championships, including what at the time was an unprecedented win of USAC’s “Triple Crown.”

USAC’s top-three national touring divisions are Midget, Sprint and Silver Crown. After winning the Midget title in 1994 and finishing 10th and sixth in the Sprint and Silver Crown divisions, respectively, Stewart went out and set a new standard of excellence in 1995 by winning all three divisions. No driver had ever won the Sprint, Midget and Silver Crown championships – divisions that run three very different types of racecars which compete on both asphalt and dirt – in a single season until Stewart came along.

A hint of Stewart’s impending success could be seen when he was still a youngster, for in 1980 at age eight, Stewart had won his first championship – a 4-cycle rookie junior class championship at the Columbus Fairgrounds. Two more karting championships followed, but this time on a national level – the 1983 International Karting Federation Grand National championship and the 1987 World Karting Association National championship.

Throw in a title from the 30-year-old International Race of Champions (IROC) during that series’ final year of operation in 2006, and it’s clear that Stewart is in a league of his own.

He is the first and only driver to have won championships in stock cars, Indy cars and open-wheel Midget, Sprint and Silver Crown cars. And his three NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championships made him one of just 9 drivers who have scored three or more Cup titles.

Along the way, Stewart has won some of the biggest races in motorsports. He is a two-time winner of the Allstate 400 at the Brickyard (2005 and 2007), a six-time winner of the season-opening NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway (2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011) and a two-time winner of the famed Chili Bowl, an all-star Midget race at the Tulsa (Okla.) Expo Raceway (2002 and 2007). He’s also notched wins in such famed USAC races as the Copper World Classic at Phoenix International Raceway (2000), the Turkey Night Grand Prix at Irwindale (Calif.) Speedway (2000) and the 4-Crown Nationals at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio (1995).

And before he was a race winner and a championship contender, Stewart was a rookie on the rise. The Hoosier won rookie of the year honors in Sprint Cup (1999), the Indianapolis 500 (1996) and USAC (1991).

“When I started racing competitively when I was about seven or eight, getting a trophy that was bigger than the other kids’ was all I cared about,” said Stewart, who enters his 11th year in the vaunted Sprint Cup Series in 2009. “I couldn’t have asked for more out of this life. I feel like I’m a very, very fortunate person, so no matter what happens, no matter how long I race or don’t race, the goals and everything that happens from here is just icing on the cake. I’ve been very lucky to do the things I’ve done.”

Stewart’s racing career began at age seven behind the wheel of a go-kart, with his father, Nelson, serving as car owner and crew chief.

“He never let me settle for second,” said Stewart of his dad, who still frequents races whenever his schedule permits. “He didn’t like it when we ran second, and he knew that I didn’t like it when we ran second. If he saw that I wasn’t giving 100 percent, then he was on me pretty hard about it. He pushed me to be better.

“He never pressured me to be the best racecar driver in the world, but he did pressure me to be the best racecar driver that I could be. He never compared me to anybody else. He expected that what I could do was what I could do. He never said that because this guy over here could do something that I should be able to do it, too. He pushed me hard, but he was fair about it. That’s probably why you see so much fire in me today, because he always wanted me to be the best that I could be.”

By 1989, Stewart began the transition from go-karts to higher-horsepower, open-wheel machines. He raced Three-Quarter Midgets before turning his attention to the USAC ranks in 1991.

His first USAC championship in 1994 came to fruition thanks to five wins in 22 starts in the National Midget category. It as a prelude to Stewart’s historic “Triple Crown” triumph in 1995.

That success led Stewart to earn a ride in the fledgling IndyCar Series. He made the most of it by winning the series championship in 1997, which sewed the seeds of Stewart’s current success in NASCAR. A slate of 22 NASCAR Nationwide Series races with Joe Gibbs Racing in 1998 prepared Stewart for his assault on the Cup ranks in 1999.

During that remarkable rookie season, where Stewart won three races en route to the rookie of the year title, he also competed in both the Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. The grueling trek, known as “Double Duty,” saw Stewart compete in an Indy car at Indianapolis before flying to Concord, N.C., to compete in the Coca-Cola 600 that evening at Lowe’s Motor Speedway. He became the first driver to complete both races in the same day, finishing ninth and fourth, respectively. All told, Stewart drove a total of 1,090 miles.

Stewart repeated this feat in 2001, when he drove an Indy car for Chip Ganassi at Indy. He bettered his mark from 1999 by finishing on the lead lap in sixth before jetting off to Concord for the Coca-Cola 600. He improved that finish as well, coming home third in the 600-miler. When it was all said and done, Stewart completed all 1,100 miles – breaking his own record for most racing miles driven in one day.

:D :D :D
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Since i live in the past,i guess i really can't say much about the drivers of the present except not even the best two of them combined would equal one Dale [Ralph] Earnhardt Snr.! ;)
The empty seats in the stands speak for themselves! :lol:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:12 pm

NASCAR, ESPN partner to market Chase

NASCAR Official News Release

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 3, 2013) -- For the first time ever, NASCAR and ESPN are working together to launch an integrated marketing campaign to elevate the 10th Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup on ESPN. The Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup is NASCAR's version of the playoffs, where the sport's top-12 drivers compete to become the next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion.

With the tagline "12 Drivers. 1 Champion." the multi-platform initiative debuted on ESPN on Sept. 2 with a series of brand spots. The first one, "Generations," is a 30-second ad that features five-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Jimmie Johnson and the likenesses of some of NASCAR's greatest legends, including three-time champion Cale Yarborough, "The King" Richard Petty and seven-time champion Dale Earnhardt. The campaign highlights the elevated stakes and significance of the Chase and the opportunity drivers have to build a legacy through the 10-race postseason.

"With this campaign, we want to create as much buzz and momentum going into the 10 races -- if you're a fan, you feel what it means to be a part of it," said Emeka Ofodile, senior director of marketing at ESPN. "The Chase is big -- it's the playoffs -- our goal is to make it feel that way."

Discussions between NASCAR and ESPN about a joint marketing effort began in 2012. In early 2013, ESPN, in collaboration with creative agency Wieden + Kennedy New York, and NASCAR, along with their creative agency Ogilvy and Mather, joined forces to identify a single Chase message: "12 Drivers, 1 Champion." This is the first time NASCAR is aligning with a rights holder network to develop a marketing campaign.

The joint campaign will introduce four TV spots, two produced by ESPN and two by NASCAR, as well as print, radio and local market executions at each of the ten Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup tracks. Additionally, the initiative will feature mobile and digital elements along with an extensive social media program called #Fandorsements.

"ESPN has played an integral role in our efforts to reach new fans," said Kim Brink, vice president of marketing at NASCAR. "12 Drivers, 1 Champion.' uses a pivotal time in the NASCAR season to articulate the intensity and complexity of the sport of stock car racing. We hope that the vivid imagery will convey to consumers the diligence and skill that it takes to rise to the top, demonstrating the unpredictable and dramatic nature of The Chase, the hardest championship in all of sports to win."

#Fandorsements will be the social photo contest that allows fans to "endorse" their favorite Chase driver by submitting an original picture of their drivers' number through Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #Fandorsements. Each week during the Chase, a new winner will be selected and will have his/her social media handle appear above their favorite Chase driver's passenger window in that week's race. For more information, visit http://www.nascar.com/fandorsements.

Nine of the 10 races in the 2013 Chase for the NASCAR Sprint Cup will air on ESPN and WatchESPN, with the Saturday night, Oct.12, race at Charlotte Motor Speedway airing on ABC.

The final 12 drivers in the playoff will be determined during the final regular season race of the season at Richmond International Raceway on Saturday, Sept. 7, at 7:30 p.m. ET on ABC, Motor Racing Network Radio and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:17 pm

They better try something quick HH,the stands are darn near empty. ;)
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing