Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Stewart arrested!!!!!

Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Made ya look lol

Motocross superstar James "Bubba" Stewart Jr. could have been living out a fantasy of being a cop or simply running late for a flight Monday afternoon when, according to authorities, he flashed red and blue lights at the truck in front of him on Interstate 4.
But that Chevy Silverado happened to be filled with legitimate off-duty officers.
The stunt earned Stewart — known to his fans as the "Tiger Woods of Motocross" — a trip to jail and a felony charge of impersonating a law-enforcement officer after he and his passenger were arrested at Orlando International Airport. Passenger Quinault Thames Jehrrod, 44, faces a charge of tampering with evidence.
Stewart didn't tell officers why he operated the flashing lights — which according to the arrest report he purchased at a flea market — but experts say the dangers of police impersonation are real and could be psychologically motivated.
"There are cop wannabes who either want to be a police officer and have been rejected by police or it's their way of [living] the fantasy of their life dream," said Tod Burke, a former Maryland police officer and professor of criminal justice at Radford University, Radford, Va.

Re: Stewart arrested!!!!!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 am

Wonder how many will get "taken in" by your topic title. :mrgreen: :lol:

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:01 pm

I got "taken in," but I was glad to get the news about #7 (James Stewart) anyway. Don't watch much two wheel stuff, but #7 is one rider I do like to watch. Thanks, anyway!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:38 pm

GOTCHA!

Actually, before I opened it, I was wondering if Tony was going to have to go back to Australia after his little off season "altercation."

Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:10 pm

You got my attention.I was even telling my husband before i started reading it. Thanks peanut :!: You are a nut. ;)

Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:20 pm

UPDATE

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) -- Motocross and Supercross star James "Bubba" Stewart says he wants to show people that "I am someone that upholds the law" and also apologized to his fans following his arrest for impersonating a police officer.
Stewart released a statement Wednesday, addressing for the first time his Monday night arrest for using red and blue lights to pull over a vehicle that contained two off-duty troopers.
Stewart and his passenger, Quinault Jehrrod, were both charged with felonies in the incident. Stewart was charged with impersonating an officer and Jehrrod with tampering with evidence after trying to hide the lights in a backpack. Both men were released on cash bonds.
The statement says that Stewart is free to race this weekend in a Supercross event in Arlington, Texas

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Yep, you made me look! Good one. I thought it was "Australia" again.
Post a reply