but her :)

I wonder if she is improving any?

I know she has done some truck races.
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Re: Women in nascar

This gal has a PR guy trying to get her into a Nascar pit crew but when Race Hub showed the segment they commented it would probably never happen. I saw her story on another cable show months ago like Real Sports or ??? and showed shes a very talented gal with what she has achieved in the Cross-Fit games and has her own fitness gym, shop etc and was working PT with J J Cobb as said in the Truck series trying to learn changing tires etc on a pit crew tp break into Nascar doing just that. However, Its extremely rare for a female to get in with a pit crew in a top series they commented as her times were still slow in comparison to male NFL, NBA etc sports stars who even some of those don't make the teams. Guess we'll see as she is clearly in shape and nice to look at but that's not supposed to matter--or is it?? 8-)

Oh well--basically another female trying to break into a mans game for the most part so we'll see how it goes but as the anylists said it was doubtfull she would make it to a major team but who knows as she is promoting herself, photo shoots etc etc but her lack of male strength may keep her out of this job? Ok--Ill say it--- wouldnt it be cool for PR to get this gal somehow in some position on Danica's team--you bet--as working with JJ Cobb is like a S&P team more or less so she wont get noticed there> :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:02 pm

lets go back to the 40's when men were men and women never left the kitchen or got the idea to enjoy sex. here is a classic line Humphrey Bogart said to his leading lady in "Battle Circus" "you are going to make a mistake that all women do and that is talk to much." classic huh?
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm

Well she is already signed with a major team. She is employed by MWR. She gets live practice in with Jen Jo Cobb. She had to be in the top 8 to get in with MWR. So she has earned where she is right now. Now she may never get to the cup level, but my understanding is she has beaten out guys to be where she is now & was improving as at the end of those shows you mentioned.
Havent heard much lately but during the a rain delay this year she was in Clints pits in 15 racing attire. Now I don't know if she is a back up that weekend (if an injury occurred) or what. I am just curious, if she has been improving.
Unlike race car drivers where Sponsors dictate who gets a job.
With Pit crew members she has to prove herself through performance. Even if they want it to be a PR thing, she has to earn a spot on these teams. if she makes it to a full time truck or NW team & not a cup team atleast she earned where she got. No free rides to those that go over the wall. its a pretty cut throat job. (she might be fast enough for the 39 team LOL)

Honestly from what I kinda get from her. Think she would rather earn it than have it given to her anyways.
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:01 pm

I've spoken with Clint's jack man Shaun about her. The guys seem to like her, are excited to have her around. I've tried a few times to meet her because I think she rocks. I kept missing her in Vegas because I was also trying to meet Marie Osmond(long story). She didn't come to Texas in April so.......maybe I'll meet her in November.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:03 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I've spoken with Clint's jack man Shaun about her. The guys seem to like her, are excited to have her around. I've tried a few times to meet her because I think she rocks. I kept missing her in Vegas because I was also trying to meet Marie Osmond(long story). She didn't come to Texas in April so.......maybe I'll meet her in November.

well if you do meet her. tell her I said hi :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 pm

I will Schmoopy...and put it on Facebook. Oh wait you're not on Facebook. LOL
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:50 pm

Well there are a few other pit road jobs besides the heavy changing of tires or fueling she could do as there are people who just check seat belts, hand items to the driver at stops etc so if she cant make the tire changing which she wants its not the only thing, although some of those guys also are extras in case a tire changer etc gets hurt etc so guess well have to wait and see? Course then there is always the argument why do they need or want a female in this "good ole boys" series on pit road other then a PR move as her manager is counting on.

We all know this is a sexist series anyway for some who don't want females invading their territory as imagine a guy going to a bar with friends saying he just lost his job to a girl--wow-- how well will that go over and now his buddies have to work with that girl and how about a driver with a bad stop and she is to blame--oh oh--she wont last long? Earning the job or not the saga of females to belong in Nascar is well documented and is never over--period. The other realistic thing that has happened is all those angry drivers now who have to say they got beat by a girl (you know who) on the track race after race--and we know there are plenty of those as well--no sense denying it. Male chauvinism and sexism is alive and well in Nascar moreso then other auto racing series since its beginning and its not likely to change. Good luck to Abott anyway as MWR seems to be a classy team like the owner, unlike some others: roll: :roll:
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 pm

racer1 wrote:Well there are a few other pit road jobs besides the heavy changing of tires or fueling she could do as there are people who just check seat belts, hand items to the driver at stops etc so if she cant make the tire changing which she wants its not the only thing, although some of those guys also are extras in case a tire changer etc gets hurt etc so guess well have to wait and see? Course then there is always the argument why do they need or want a female in this "good ole boys" series on pit road other then a PR move as her manager is counting on.

We all know this is a sexist series anyway for some who don't want females invading their territory as imagine a guy going to a bar with friends saying he just lost his job to a girl--wow-- how well will that go over and now his buddies have to work with that girl and how about a driver with a bad stop and she is to blame--oh oh--she wont last long? Earning the job or not the saga of females to belong in Nascar is well documented and is never over--period. The other realistic thing that has happened is all those angry drivers now who have to say they got beat by a girl (you know who) on the track race after race--and we know there are plenty of those as well--no sense denying it. Male chauvinism and sexism is alive and well in Nascar moreso then other auto racing series since its beginning and its not likely to change. Good luck to Abott anyway as MWR seems to be a classy team like the owner, unlike some others: roll: :roll:

Maybe "Sparkle Pony" should've started handing water bottles through the window instead of WRECKING a couple of cars EVERY week?? Is that what you're saying? I think it is. :lol: :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:37 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I will Schmoopy...and put it on Facebook. Oh wait you're not on Facebook. LOL

how dare you doc, you never hooked me up for mrs. osmond, or get me the chads autograph, friendship over, you made the foe list like rochelle.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:48 pm

Foe you too MJ.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm

foe me??????? foe U!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:56 pm

Chad is about the most unapproachable in the garage....except for Tony of course.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:59 pm

that because he is about winning, if he hasnt married his gf yet, i dont expect him to talk to the fans
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:00 pm

I'll get chad. Don't worry. It's on my bucket list.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing