FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Newman Not With SHR in 2014

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:33 pm

Re: Newman Not With SHR in 2014

Rochelle wrote:
HTower wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:I wonder what Animink will do with the "Ryan" forum - leave it in place, lock it or delete it?!? :?

They could end up leaving the Ryan forum out of apathy and laziness for months. I imagine they will end up locking the forum and hiding it, maybe deleting it. Hopefully we get a Harvick forum sooner rather than later so that Happy fans feel welcome when they show up. We've already had a glut of them registering, and none of them have stuck around yet.

I think you hit that spot on! Seems to be the trend here... :lol:

you trying to say im lazy? how dare you!
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:45 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
HTower wrote:

They could end up leaving the Ryan forum out of apathy and laziness for months. I imagine they will end up locking the forum and hiding it, maybe deleting it. Hopefully we get a Harvick forum sooner rather than later so that Happy fans feel welcome when they show up. We've already had a glut of them registering, and none of them have stuck around yet.

you trying to say im lazy? how dare you!

I can blame you for everything the admins don't do right here? This is fantastic news! :P :P :P
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:20 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:It is disappointing that Ryan won't be back but I think it'll end up working out for all parties. Harvick is the superior driver, ....

No way is Harvick a better wheel-man than Ryan. It's not even close.
When Ryan had a legit ride w/ Penske, he set NASCAR on fire. And that was with him under Rusty's thumb. Since joining the faltering SHR team, he's just not the same. SHR has yet to catch the big 3 (Hendricks, Roush, Gibbs) in terms of having a handle on the car, particularly for a multi-car team. They're not even as good as RCR.
Ryan was consistently the best driver on the team in terms of results until just a few weeks ago, and probably would still be higher in points if not for some bad luck.
I've never heard any professional commentator say anything about how well Kevin can man-handle a car like I've repeatedly heard them say about Newman. Kevin has just had the luxury of a better CC and team to allow him to finish well...ie, that's where "closing" comes in. They make better changes and keep up with the track better than Ryan's CC can. It has nothing to do with who's a better driver.
If Kevin doesn't bring some help to the pits, like a GOOD CC, then he won't have any better results here than Ryan has.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:31 pm

I do believe Harvick DEMANDS a lot out of his CC and pit crew guys. Not saying it is a bad thing but I'm not so sure I like the way he goes about it.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:45 am

onerockindoc wrote:I do believe Harvick DEMANDS a lot out of his CC and pit crew guys. Not saying it is a bad thing but I'm not so sure I like the way he goes about it.

it will make good radio sound bites. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing