FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

It's Officially Official: Happy and Budweiser to SHR in 2014

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:26 pm

Re: It's Officially Official: Happy and Budweiser to SHR in

housesandhogans wrote:Guess I have to respectfully disagree Schmoopy. If they get the "new" car problems worked out this year and they had sponsorship for everyone, then adding a 4th car next year would be the no brainer. There is an article on Nascar.com about Ryan and he says he just got the call from Tony this past Wednesday that he would not be coming back. He says he has not even talked to other teams. If he didn't know til this past Wed for sure, how could any of us?

Well they are talking 100% knew. I am sure they all knew before hand. Tony called out of respect making it official. Even if they had the sponsors. It was the moving around of personnel they said helped to hurt SHR as a whole. The new Gen 6 car didn't help I agree, but SHR is behind on certain parts of their personnel anyways. Then moving them all around only made it worse. No one should have expected a 4th team next year. I am not mad at SHR not going to a 4th team. Like I said I think that was the smart move.
I will be a little anxious while I don't know where Ryan is going, but after that is figured out is when I will either be happy he isn't on the 39 team anymore, or freaked out if he goes to some rag tag team. Time will tell what my demeanor becomes. :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:36 pm

Schmoopy, my man, I heard Ryan's full media interview on the radio this afternoon. I heard him say he wants to be competitive enough to contend for a championship.

Your new mantra should be #noragtagteam

Maybe a seat opens up because of Ryan's availability. Maybe just maybe he brings along some sponsors that will open up a door
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:39 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Schmoopy, my man, I heard Ryan's full media interview on the radio this afternoon. I heard him say he wants to be competitive enough to contend for a championship.

Your new mantra should be #noragtagteam

Maybe a seat opens up because of Ryan's availability. Maybe just maybe he brings along some sponsors that will open up a door

I think he will land a good ride, but I also know anything can happen. So while I believe he will be in a quality ride I reserve the right to be concerned until I hear where he lands Image
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:43 pm

He'll be fine Schmoop but I get your concern. Being in flux isn't fun, when all the rumors were swirling around Tony's future in 2003 and again in 2008 it would keep me awake well into the night sometimes wondering what the future held. Hopefully Ryan's new deal is signed, sealed, and delivered very soon (maybe by the Brickyard in a perfect world) and y'all can rest easy.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Jimmy John's will also sponsor Kevin next season as they have been with him since KHI,this is confirmed from the company itself.Reem was also suppose to go with him,but i haven't heard anything to confirm that. RCR's #1 choice for the #29 ride is Kurt,but no one is talking yet. :?

Never was thrilled about Kevin coming here,but he feels it's the move he must make for any chance for a Championship and he doesn't feel Tony will be anything but fair with him.
Kevin put Tony in lesser division rides through KHI that he won with,KHI had great equiptment through RCR,i just hope Kevin gets the same caliper equiptment.

I've followed Kevin since the Busch Series with RCR,he was picked by Dale Snr.and was suppose to be his teammate in 2002.Since the loss of Dale,i guess you could say he has been my fav. ;) Hope this is the right move for Kevin because i really don't see RCR going anywhere and haven't since the late 90's.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

beaverpond

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:46 pm

I found this on Facebook tonight and did not see it in this thread and thought I would share it.

#4 Budweiser for 2014.jpg
#4 Budweiser for 2014.jpg (21.36 KiB) Viewed 973 times
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:14 am

Is anyone else having problem with Ryan leaving and cupcake coming in? I've liked Ryan since he came into Cup. Can't say the same for cupcake. I'm trying to accept that cupcake is coming, especially since he is Tony's friend. But not having Ryan in SHR is a lot tougher to accept.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:13 am

beaverpond wrote:I found this on Facebook tonight and did not see it in this thread and thought I would share it.

#4 Budweiser for 2014.jpg

Unfortunately that is just Harvicks All Star scheme from this year with a 4 substituted for the 29.
I had to check because the 3 logo on the car made me think RCR. I really hope Shr distances themselves fromthe fact that Harvick took over the 3 car and does not use that logo on Harvicks car .
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:39 am

NascarNanaOK wrote;
Is anyone else having problem with Ryan leaving and cupcake coming in? I've liked Ryan since he came into Cup.

Well I really don't have a problem with 39 leaving as I'm going to be a fan regardless who he races for. I also have liked him since his entry into the Cup series. He's a hometown boy and he tore the track up early on in his career. He's been a little off recently but I still am a fan. Joined this site because I liked 39 and 14. We'll see what next year looks like...next year. Keep your chin up Nana. :cry:
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:25 am

NascarNanaOK wrote:Is anyone else having problem with Ryan leaving and cupcake coming in? I've liked Ryan since he came into Cup. Can't say the same for cupcake. I'm trying to accept that cupcake is coming, especially since he is Tony's friend. But not having Ryan in SHR is a lot tougher to accept.

Not as much as when Tony signed whats-her-name. :roll: I've never been a big Harvick fan, but I can deal with it. I am VERY disappointed to see Ryan go. :cry:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

duffygoofy

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:27 am

Here is a picture of Kevins Car!!
Attachments
BPFqR8wCAAALiyP.jpg
BPFqR8wCAAALiyP.jpg (68.01 KiB) Viewed 971 times
ImageImage
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:48 am

If you look at the top of this car on the roof, it still has the 29 on it......I think someone has photo shopped this car. But it still looks good! ;)
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:51 am

Annalee wrote:Image

If you look at the top of this car on the roof, it still has the 29 on it......I think someone has photo shopped this car.

Yes it was Harvicks 2012 All Star scheme.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Barnes 442 welcome......thanks for the info. Nice looking car!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Its not bad looking. Im hoping for a mostly red car that has some gold in the scheme. KENNY Bernstein had a dragster one time that had a big gold crown on the side and I thoughtbthat car was beautiful. Wouldlove to see something like that. Also I hope Shr is the first to run a Bud Light scheme next year
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing