FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

It's Officially Official: Happy and Budweiser to SHR in 2014

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:31 am

It's Officially Official: Happy and Budweiser to SHR in 2014

"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:41 am

Re: It's Officially Official: Happy and Budweiser to SHR in

Interesting that Budweiser made the official announcement. I guess when you are the big time sponsor, you get to dictate the who and when.

20 races as primary sponsor, so just 18 more races to fill.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:03 am

That's just the link I copied and pasted. Harvick's site has it and I'm sure SHR does too
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

TishR

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:38 am

I am sure that Kevin's other sponsors will probably follow as well. They were with Kevin when he had his own teams.
Tish
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:01 am

By DAN GELSTON (AP Sports Writer) | The Associated Press

LOUDON, N.H. (AP) -- Kevin Harvick will take his Budweiser sponsorship with him when he moves to Stewart-Haas Racing next season.

Harvick will drive the No. 4 Chevrolet for SHR. Budweiser will serve as primary sponsor for 20 races as well as the Budweiser Duel during Speedweeks at Daytona International Speedway. Budweiser will serve as a major associate sponsor for the remaining races on the Sprint Cup Series schedule.

Harvick has 21 Cup wins, 96 top-fives and 198 top-10 finishes in his career. He drives the No. 29 for Richard Childress Racing and is fourth in the point standings this season.

Harvick made the decision last year to leave the RCR team that hired him in 1999. He's made the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship the last three seasons.

''I've developed a great relationship with so many people at Budweiser and am very happy it's an association that will continue for many years to come,'' Harvick said. ''We've enjoyed a lot of success together and our expectations match right up with those of Stewart-Haas Racing.''

Harvick has represented Budweiser since 2011. Bud has been a staple in the Cup Series dating back to its sponsorship of Terry Labonte's No. 44 Chevrolet at Stratograph Racing in 1983. Budweiser has celebrated a championship and nearly 60 wins in NASCAR's elite division with the likes of Darrell Waltrip, Geoff Bodine, Bill Elliott, Kenny Schrader, Ricky Craven, Wally Dallenbach, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kasey Kahne and Harvick.

That inconsistency and inability to win a Cup title with RCR had been frustrating for Harvick, and led to a revolving door of crew chiefs on the No. 29 the last several years. As Harvick went winless through the first 34 points races last year, it made sense to look around even though his contract ran through 2013.

He settled on a move to SHR, where he will drive for Stewart and get a chance to see if a fresh start will push him to the top of the series.

SHR fields cars this season for Stewart, Ryan Newman and Danica Patrick. SHR could potentially field four cars in 2014, though Newman could be on the way out after this season.

''Budweiser is the leader in its industry and Kevin has proven himself year-after-year in our sport. It's a partnership we welcome as it will make our entire organization stronger,'' Stewart said.

Harvick has been with RCR in the Cup series since he replaced Dale Earnhardt after his fatal crash in the 2001 Daytona 500.

''I can't thank Richard Childress and everyone at RCR enough for everything they've done for my career,'' Harvick added. ''I was just trying to make a name for myself in the Truck Series and Richard believed in me enough to make me a part of his race team back in 1999. Without him, and without the hard work of so many people at RCR, I wouldn't be where I am today.''
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 am

The #4 car through the years
http://www.driveraverages.com/nascar_st ... 4#bydriver

The best driver was Rex White. 168 starts, 26 wins, 90 top fives, 121 top tens. That's pretty freaking awesome. He drove between 1956 and 1964.

Others who drove: Sterling Martin(6 wins) and Ernie Irvan(7 wins)

That website is pretty cool.
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:23 pm

HTower wrote:The #4 car through the years
http://www.driveraverages.com/nascar_st ... 4#bydriver

The best driver was Rex White. 168 starts, 26 wins, 90 top fives, 121 top tens. That's pretty freaking awesome. He drove between 1956 and 1964.

Others who drove: Sterling Martin(6 wins) and Ernie Irvan(7 wins)

That website is pretty cool.

I wondered about the #4.....great link.....pretty awesome stats, thanks HT for the post..... 8-)

Welcome to Kevin, Delana and cute little Keelan.....love, love the Budweiser commercials and the Clydesdales........
Last edited by Annalee on Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:26 pm

Congrats to Wolfgang, guess he'll be first in line to buy some #4 gear.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:39 pm

So if Newman is out and Harvick is in, why doesn't SHR just put him in the 39 car? Why a new number?
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Yippee! i finally had a prediction right. Said they'd give him the 4 way back... The 39 was just for Ryan's benefit, Tony wanted the 4 all along. Besides, I'm positive they don't want to prolong the agony that was the 39 team. 4, 10, 14 seems like good karma to me...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:25 pm

HTower wrote:So if Newman is out and Harvick is in, why doesn't SHR just put him in the 39 car? Why a new number?

I really think they were trying to find sponsorship for Ryan to keep him and add Harvick as the fourth team, but that didn't work out....it is expensive to start up a new number. With the 39 it had driver and owners points that the 4 doesn't, so Harvick will have to qualify in for the first few races....that won't be a problem for Kevin.... ;)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:35 pm

they will transfer the points from the 39 to the 4
<<

housesandhogans

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:59 pm

I was just reading another article on this development:

posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=5793

And something that is brought up here that I had forgotten that Tony mentioned in the media center this morning is that it was Gene Haas and his decision. Again, we don't really know what goes on completely behind the curtains...........so the no 4th car may not have been totally Tony's decision. He is the face of Stewart-Haas and I'm sure he has a lot of input (Kevin is a friend), but he may not always have the finally say-so.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:08 pm

housesandhogans wrote:I was just reading another article on this development:

posting.php?mode=reply&f=8&t=5793

And something that is brought up here that I had forgotten that Tony mentioned in the media center this morning is that it was Gene Haas and his decision. Again, we don't really know what goes on completely behind the curtains...........so the no 4th car may not have been totally Tony's decision. He is the face of Stewart-Haas and I'm sure he has a lot of input (Kevin is a friend), but he may not always have the finally say-so.

not doing a 4th car was a no brainer. Most of us knew Ryan wasn't coming back. (a couple of ppl held out false hope) They have already openly mentioned that that SHR as a whole has struggled when they added the 3rd car. There was no way they were going to add a 4th car the very next year. I don't think Gene overruled Tony. I am sure they were in agreement to not add a 4th team. It would have hurt SHR as a whole. heck why would Ryan want to be the 4th team for SHR knowing that SHR would struggle having the 4th team.
ImageImageImage
<<

housesandhogans

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Guess I have to respectfully disagree Schmoopy. If they get the "new" car problems worked out this year and they had sponsorship for everyone, then adding a 4th car next year would be the no brainer. There is an article on Nascar.com about Ryan and he says he just got the call from Tony this past Wednesday that he would not be coming back. He says he has not even talked to other teams. If he didn't know til this past Wed for sure, how could any of us?
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing