FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What just happened???...

<<

housesandhogans

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:52 am

Re: What just happened???...

Schmoopy, I couldn't have said it better myself. For a long time now, I have felt that Nascar and their announcers, have spent way too little time on all the drivers. During the race they only seem to focus on a certain few. Someone like David Gilliland could be leading the entire race, and you would mostly hear about the 88, the 48, or the 24. (I didn't even realize it - do we see a pattern here in who they focus on?) There are times when even Tony or Matt Keneseth are leading the races and they only talk about the 88. But, I do feel like there are 43 drivers in most races and they should talk more about all 43 drivers in every race. I do have to give Race Hub a few kudos because they are the only ones who do seem to be trying to bring in and talk to more drivers we don't know much about.

I also understand about Nascar focusing on TV ratings for the money. BUT, they have to have race tracks in order to run the races. And if they keep cutting down the # of seats (and this would be for all tracks, not just ISC), pretty soon the track owners won't be able to keep them open and upgraded to the level they need to be for the Nascar races. They have to have a physical presence besides just TV.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:55 am

It's not just ticket prices either. The cost of travel whether by car or plane is insane. Also, I read something a while back about the cost of hotel rooms and how a lot of them jacked the prices up for the race weekends. It's not cheap to camp at the tracks either anymore. The communities need to work with the tracks. Also, the food and drinks at the tracks are absolutely ridiculous. Frankly, I'm surprised they get as many fans as they do. If you read what NASCAR rakes in for the broadcast rights, I'm not surprised they aren't trying very hard to get more people to the tracks. Ticket prices can usually be had pretty cheap here, but when you add up all the others costs, most families can't afford it.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:10 pm

HTower wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:i have nothing to prove, i did check and it said attendance has been down since she started full time in 2012, is that a reflection on her of course not, plus i dont supply links, you have to take me at my word, i dont b.s when i debate, i just choose not to sit here and cut and paste to prove my greatness, hahaha

Not sure why you are coming after me here. Yes I posted a link, but that has nothing to do with my greatness ;) ;) ;)

haha great minds think alike....
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:50 pm

Dale Earnhardt #3 was always my favorite driver,but i believe Nascar was going down hill when it all started with the Jeff Gordon image and what the big corperate sponsors wanted.Don't have anything against Jeff ;) but HMS and Ray Everham brought on a whole new meaning of dominance ! This past Sundays race was a real drag,follow the leader and no one tried for the win? PLEASE! :shock:
The lucky dog-hate it,point system-ok i hate ALL the changes except for the safety for the drivers and fans since the early or mid 90's.The more Nascar tries to make it better,the worse it seems to get far as i'm concerned. The only way to see real racing anymore is on the local Dirt Tracks and it pi$$es me off i have to pay more to see the WOO just because two jackwads from Nascar are gonna be there! :evil:

BTW,i'm glad no penalties weren't given out due to the spoilers-let em do more to the cars long as it doesn't affect the safety aspect! Junior Johnson got out of it for good reason and as much as i like racing i still look for racing to get better here in Nascar,but i get discouraged more every year!
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:38 pm

wolf made some good points, nascar is the one to blame for some of the changes they made, in some ways they took racing out of the hands of the drivers, the lucky dog is kinda of a joke, but i see it as a safety measure so cars didnt race and wreck going back to the line...
THE HMS monster, he obviously has two of the greatest drivers of the last 20 years and their dominance has turned off many people, i think HMS is worth 350 million dollars and they are already grooming chase elliot to take over one day,
<<

housesandhogans

Post Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:31 pm

I always find it amusing when Nascar, or the announcers say that changes have been made to make it more exciting for the fans. I always end up sitting back and saying to myself "what fans are they talking to? " Lately it doesn't seem to me that anything they've done has made it more exciting or interesting. To be honest, shorter races would even be better in my book. Maybe even a race in the morning and one in the afternoon. Or something like that. That's not practical, I know, but its as good as anything Nascar has come up with lately. Like someone else mentioned above - the dirt races are more interesting these days than some of the Nascar races. They say their TV viewership is up - but I wonder if that is for the whole race?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:11 am

making some of the races shorter is a great idea....
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing