FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Zippy comments on SHR and its troubles

<<

racer1

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:56 am

Zippy comments on SHR and its troubles

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/danica-pat ... 00259.html

I put this in this general nascar topic because that's what it is about although Danica is mentioned.
Per Zippy--There are several reasons mentioned for SHR troubles this yr. as mentioned here.

Basically ---Adding a 3rd car was more problematic then they figured--Duh??

Main issue--Nascar changing to the Gen 6 car & SHR inability to adapt to the new car--Duh

None of this a Danica problem other then the problems of adding a 3rd car with any driver--Duh

All these problems is making the Chase more difficult for SHR drivers--duh?

Mentions SHR with all the problems this yr adding the 3rd car probably wont be adding a 4th car in 2014 with Harvick so Ryan probably wil be leaving--but??? :roll:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: Zippy comments on SHR and its troubles

Duh
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:34 pm

Well, I'm going to sound argumentative, even though I don't mean it to be.

First, Zippy's name is only mentioned in the article from an interview he did last May. The entire article is a summary from the author ( and so on some points I agree, there is a "duh" aspect). It also never says they are not going to add a 4th team. The author just questions if they will. My thinking is, if they get all the car problems worked out this year, and they have enough sponsorships for next year...........why would adding a 4th driver be that difficult? I do think the sponsorship issue is really the biggest problem they face for next year and having 4 teams. It has been brought up before that Tony eventually wants to be a 4 team program. So, I have a feeling none of us really has a clue as to what they are going to do next year. JMO
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:58 pm

racer1 wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/news/danica-patrick-not-blame-stewart-haas-problems-203700259.html

I put this in this general nascar topic because that's what it is about although Danica is mentioned.
Per Zippy--There are several reasons mentioned for SHR troubles this yr. as mentioned here.

Basically ---Adding a 3rd car was more problematic then they figured--Duh??

Main issue--Nascar changing to the Gen 6 car & SHR inability to adapt to the new car--Duh

None of this a Danica problem other then the problems of adding a 3rd car with any driver--Duh

All these problems is making the Chase more difficult for SHR drivers--duh?

Mentions SHR with all the problems this yr adding the 3rd car probably wont be adding a 4th car in 2014 with Harvick so Ryan probably wil be leaving--but??? :roll:

I don't mean to disagree with you racer, or any of these points, but none of these are direct quotes from Zippy. All of it is either paraphrasing, or the author's own statements. From what I can tell, Ryan's future was not addressed by Zippadelli at all.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:00 pm

This is how Zippy feels...........

Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:02 pm

housesandhogans wrote:Well, I'm going to sound argumentative, even though I don't mean it to be.

First, Zippy's name is only mentioned in the article from an interview he did last May. The entire article is a summary from the author ( and so on some points I agree, there is a "duh" aspect). It also never says they are not going to add a 4th team. The author just questions if they will. My thinking is, if they get all the car problems worked out this year, and they have enough sponsorships for next year...........why would adding a 4th driver be that difficult? I do think the sponsorship issue is really the biggest problem they face for next year and having 4 teams. It has been brought up before that Tony eventually wants to be a 4 team program. So, I have a feeling none of us really has a clue as to what they are going to do next year. JMO

Well said. You must have replied just as I opened the thread and started reading. :)
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:16 pm

:? duh :?
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:51 pm

jamo14 wrote::? duh :?

You say that a lot :)
<<

racer1

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:24 pm

Well this is directly from Zippy so apparently some didn't read this part, suggesting this wasn't Zippys comments..

"In May, with all three teams struggling, director of competition Greg Zipadelli admitted the organization had underestimated the process when it shuffled personnel and added new people for the third car. "

Iam sure other comments by this author were directly related to what was going on at SHR as well as the author didn't just make this stuff up for the article. However I will say I find it surprising that a team like SHR knowing what was coming with adding the 3rd car as it was in the works for a long time, yet they still wasn't ready for a 3rd car & team apparently--so what does that say?. Is that a reflection on this team not knowing what they are doing or happy to get extra sponsorship thinking it wouldn't be that difficult, just order new cars, swap CC and pull teams around and it'll be easy--hah--not so much. Course the problems figuring out this new Gen 6 car I believe is the root of all their troubles even now, although they are having some good random results and hopefully will continue to get better for all drivers? Iam sure now their main focus is Tony or even Ryan possibly making the chase as that is looming ever closer and Ryan desperately needs a win and Tony & Ryan needs to maintain good finishes--that's all?

Personally Iam glad this crap shoot of plate racing is done with this yr now and only 1 more garbage broadcast from TNT as well although ratings were up for this race, course Coke made sure they didn't have as many commercials with the last 30 laps being commercial free--nice to see. 8-)
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:50 pm

I Have No Comment At This Time! :mrgreen:
Well,ok one,can't wait for DEGA! ;)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:32 pm

e looks constipated in that pic hahaha
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 pm

racer1 wrote:Well this is directly from Zippy so apparently some didn't read this part, suggesting this wasn't Zippys comments..

"In May, with all three teams struggling, director of competition Greg Zipadelli admitted the organization had underestimated the process when it shuffled personnel and added new people for the third car. "

That is paraphrasing, not a direct quote. Putting quote marks around it doesn't make it attributable to Zippy.

Iam sure other comments by this author were directly related to what was going on at SHR as well as the author didn't just make this stuff up for the article.

You're sure? :roll: Her source for these conclusions could have been this message board, we've talked about all of these things here for months now, the only difference is that we don't write for a news website. I definitely want a better authority for my news than someone whose only qualification for writing the piece is a journalism degree. Some fans here probably know more about NASCAR than she does. The author needs to stick to the facts, and direct quotes from professionals. Let the conclusions be made by an expert, and then report that.

Personally Iam glad this crap shoot of plate racing is done with this yr now and only 1 more garbage broadcast from TNT as well although ratings were up for this race,

Talladega on October 20th says "Hello" :P
<<

jamo14

Post Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:37 pm

HEY "racer" :? :? :? 1 more plate race left this year....DUH :? :? :?
Do something with your life and go get me a beer.

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:24 am

all the races on TNT are commercial free with a certain amount of laps left, bummer no more kyle regardless what people say he does brig something to the table, i remember him goofin on JJ at Kentucky, but i didnt take it personal, didnt change my view of kyle, he is a good man, does A LOT for charities
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:14 am

wolfgang wrote:I Have No Comment At This Time! :mrgreen:
Well,ok one,can't wait for DEGA! ;)

Dammit! Who let the wolf into the sock drawer? :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing