FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Sixteen teams found with illegal parts......

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Sixteen teams found with illegal parts......

Teams found with modified roof flap spacers: Sixteen teams found to have modified roof flap spacers (lighter) during NASCAR inspection. Teams listed: #1-McMurray, #2-Keselowski, #9-Ambrose, #11-Hamlin, #13-Mears, #15-Bowyer, #16-Biffle, #17-Stenhouse Jr., #18-Busch, #20-Kenseth, #21-Bayne, #22-Logano, #43-Almirola, #55-Waltrip, #56-Truex Jr. and #99-Edwards. The modified/confiscated roof-flap spacers are on display at Daytona in the NASCAR hauler. NASCAR's Kerry Tharp addressed media on confiscated roof-flap spacers - "Spacers not in compliance with those kits." The roof-flap kits are supplied to teams for #NASCAR by one company (a Roush company) and are not to be changed.(SPEED's, Dustin Long Fox/NASCAR on Twitter & ), no word on penalties, etc.(7-4-2013)

Chad is innocent...... :shock:
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: Sixteen teams found with illegal parts......

Hmmm the 1 but not the 42. JPM must figure he's caused enough trouble for a while.

Chad may have cheated but he didn't get caught. And isn't that really what it's all about? Just kidding. Just kidding.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Wow, too funny... Gonna be a busy Tuesday

Looks like Fords and Toyotas and 1 Chevy... Wonder what the point of that was. You can't tell me they're that much lighter. And I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know you don't modify a part that's supplied.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Just starting the second (and last) practice at Daytona International Speedway for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Coke Zero 400 and 16 teams have gotten into trouble with NASCAR.

Sixteen teams found to have modified roof flap spacers (lighter) during NASCAR inspection. Teams listed: #1-McMurray, #2-Keselowski, #9-Ambrose, #11-Hamlin, #13-Mears, #15-Bowyer, #16-Biffle, #17-Stenhouse Jr., #18-Busch, #20-Kenseth, #21-Bayne, #22-Logano, #43-Almirola, #55-Waltrip, #56-Truex Jr. and #99-Edwards. 1 = Cheverolet ... 9 = Ford ... 6 = Toyota

BREAKING NEWS: It has come to our attention that 15 NASCAR Nationwide Series teams had illegal roof flap spacers as well.

UPDATE: Manufacturer not likely to blame for illegal roof flap spacers.

This now makes 31 teams that have been found with these illegal roof flap spacers and I have to wonder if it really is the teams fault. This is really an unusual situation. I don't care what NASCAR says.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:00 pm

what a surprise the 2 got caught yet again, all they have done this year is cheat, the concept is to cheat to IMPROVE your place in the standings, not go backwards hahaha
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:37 pm

something is up for that many teams getting busted with the same part. (some kinda mistake I wonder)
Well it wasn't the 39 team so I say dock them all 25 pts Image
Just kidding.........or am I?
Seriously though I wonder with that many if there will be any discipline at all?
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:40 pm

michaeljohn wrote:what a surprise the 2 got caught yet again, all they have done this year is cheat, the concept is to cheat to IMPROVE your place in the standings, not go backwards hahaha

you know what I find interesting is the #2 car was on fire at the start & since getting their car busted for cheating, they have been insignificant.

Makes me wonder what type of innovated advantages they had at the end of last season?
ImageImageImage
<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:28 pm

You notice that not a single car from SHR, RCR, or Hendrick had any issues. Makes one say hhuumm!!!

I know there were other teams that did not get busted either, but at some point I will figure out who they are.
Image Image

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:44 pm

beaverpond wrote:You notice that not a single car from SHR, RCR, or Hendrick had any issues. Makes one say hhuumm!!!

I know there were other teams that did not get busted either, but at some point I will figure out who they are.

McMurray was the only chevy busted.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:01 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:what a surprise the 2 got caught yet again, all they have done this year is cheat, the concept is to cheat to IMPROVE your place in the standings, not go backwards hahaha

you know what I find interesting is the #2 car was on fire at the start & since getting their car busted for cheating, they have been insignificant.

Makes me wonder what type of innovated advantages they had at the end of last season?

ya the talk in the media that they were the new chad and JJ, but brad is too worried about twiter and worried about what other teams do....
Last edited by michaeljohn on Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

beaverpond

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:39 am

After looking at the entry list for this weekend...this is who passed:
5…7…10…14…24…27…29…30…31…32…33…34…35…36…38…39…42…47…48…51…78…83…87…88…93…95…98

Chevy 16
Ford 7
Toyota 4
Image Image

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:10 am

Annalee wrote:

it must burn your butt hairs to see that the 48 or CHAD has not been busted, while so many teams have, he isnt the best for nothing, give me one CC that has his work ethic, the man has put her personal life on hold so he could give it his all to be a CC, rules have been made because he worked the grey area better than anyone, He is at the top of his game, Too bad ya cant say the same about any CC at SHR... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

kim92164

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:13 am

michaeljohn wrote:
Annalee wrote:

it must burn your butt hairs to see that the 48 or CHAD has not been busted, while so many teams have, he isnt the best for nothing, give me one CC that has his work ethic, the man has put her personal life on hold so he could give it his all to be a CC, rules have been made because he worked the grey area better than anyone, He is at the top of his game, Too bad ya cant say the same about any CC at SHR... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Did you just call Chad a girl? lol Do you know something we don't know? I know, like some of the rest of us the fingers have a mind of their own. I will admit that Chad is a pretty good CC though, I just saw the typo and had to have a little fun. I feel a smack to the back of my head now, lol.
<<

awsum14

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:05 am

kim92164 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:
Annalee wrote:

Did you just call Chad a girl? lol Do you know something we don't know? I know, like some of the rest of us the fingers have a mind of their own. I will admit that Chad is a pretty good CC though, I just saw the typo and had to have a little fun. I feel a smack to the back of my head now, lol.

We do like to have fun here, don't we :D
If at first you don't succeed, don't give up
Try Harder
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:08 am

I think MJ gets a tad excited talking about Chad. Either that or he knows something we don't know.

As a Brad fan I'd hate to think that the championship was an ill gotten one. But some of these things are just not adding up.

MJ my friend, ladies don't have butt hair BTW.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing