FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pit Stall Selections

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:40 am

Pit Stall Selections

With Plate races, pretty hard to predict who would be ahead of who & most cars will stay on lead lap. Making predictions of what spots are good or not impossible.

Tony pits in stall # 11 with the 7 car pitting ahead of him & the 36 pitting behind.

Ryan pits in stall # 39 with the 17 pitting ahead of him & the 34 pitting behind him.

Danica pits in stall # 18 with the 47 pitting ahead of her & the 29 behind her.

Start/Finish line goes through the pit stall #26
ImageImageImage
<<

racer1

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:13 pm

Re: Pit Stall Selections

Most teams like a pit stall whereby they aren't fighting the car ahead of them blocking them when they exit and hopefully behind them they aren't struggling to drive around to get into their pit during the stops. The best choices are small low funded teams/drivers ahead or behind them whereby most of them will be a lap or so down in a short time so no problem getting in or out of their stall as lapped cars don't pit with the leaders unless its green flag stops of course, but even then not much and some low funded drivers may be out of the race early as well? Lots of problems weve seen on pit lane is often the top drivers in a hurry to get in or out and accidents happen as it is Daytona so anything can happen? :roll: :roll:

Hopefully its not a boring parade but I cant see much else happening-- early on anyway. Theres always a driver who makes a stupid move and it doesn't work and some innocent drivers trying to stay out of trouble often pay the price? Fingers crossed for good luck to SHR this time around. 8-)
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:17 pm

Re: Pit Stall Selections

racer1 wrote:Most teams like a pit stall whereby they aren't fighting the car ahead of them blocking them when they exit and hopefully behind them they aren't struggling to drive around to get into their pit during the stops. The best choices are small low funded teams/drivers ahead or behind them whereby most of them will be a lap or so down in a short time so no problem getting in or out of their stall as lapped cars don't pit with the leaders unless its green flag stops of course, but even then not much and some low funded drivers may be out of the race early as well? Lots of problems weve seen on pit lane is often the top drivers in a hurry to get in or out and accidents happen as it is Daytona so anything can happen? :roll: :roll:

Hopefully its not a boring parade but I cant see much else happening-- early on anyway. Theres always a driver who makes a stupid move and it doesn't work and some innocent drivers trying to stay out of trouble often pay the price? Fingers crossed for good luck to SHR this time around. 8-)

WOW ! !

My faith in mankind has been restored ... even if temporarily. :-)

Racer made a NICE, good post! I LOVE IT ! ! ! :-)

Thank you, Sir Racer ... :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to NASCAR & Racing