FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Phoenix Racing might be bought by Terry Labonte

<<

beaverpond

Post Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Phoenix Racing might be bought by Terry Labonte

Terry Labonte could potentially be the new owner of Phoenix Racing says brother Bobby Labonte. ”(James Finch) has been trying to sell that thing for a long time and Terry told me about it, I hope Terry can do it” says Bobby Labonte. Bobby Labonte has raced for James Finch in recent weeks. This could potentially open the door for Bobby Labonte to have a full-time ride racing for his older brother, Terry. No official word on the new owner has yet to be released by James Finch or Phoenix Racing.

There may be a new NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team owner in the next couple months.

James Finch said this past week that he expects to be making an announcement on July 15th introducing a new owner of Phoenix Racing.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:47 pm

Re: Phoenix Racing might be bought by Terry Labonte

That would be cool and I'm thinking if Terry buys it, he must have a sponsor. I doubt anyone would buy it without one with the cars being so expensive. At least this team is better than most of the single car teams... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

racer1

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:05 pm

The other buyers mentioned earlier maybe buying this team was Turner/Scott to get into cup racing so we'll see? Apparently rumors will keep running until the actual announcement? Its funny though that a driver like Labonte if true can buy a team and have sponsors lined up when some of the bigger teams are still lacking sponsors, course the dollar amount is probably much less with a small team to get started. Either way Nascar wont lose a team>
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:25 pm

racer1 wrote:The other buyers mentioned earlier maybe buying this team was Turner/Scott to get into cup racing so we'll see? Apparently rumors will keep running until the actual announcement? Its funny though that a driver like Labonte if true can buy a team and have sponsors lined up when some of the bigger teams are still lacking sponsors, course the dollar amount is probably much less with a small team to get started. Either way Nascar wont lose a team>

well if it is a texas based sponsor I could see it. & Terry probably isn't demanding as much money to sponsor the car as the big teams. (if the rumor is even true)
ImageImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:03 am

Unless he's got a s#*t ton of money...bad idea, I think. ;) :|
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

racer1

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:40 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/j ... ki-071813-

"Although Finch would not confirm the buyer, sources say a corporation including Harry Scott, co-owner of Turner Scott Motorsports, is involved with the purchase."

Return to NASCAR & Racing