FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

July Dirt Racing: Tony

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:55 am

Re: July Dirt Racing: Tony

housesandhogans wrote:Not a very good weekend for Tony. Friday he doesn't make it into the main race. Saturday he gets dumped on his head, and has people now yelling at him for being ahhhhhhhhh "outspoken" in the interview. Then Sunday he runs out of fuel just as he had a chance to win the race! If I were him, think I'd go home and sleep (or drink or whatever) for 2 days until Tuesday night. :roll:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/shakeandbake/tony-stewart-flips-at-eldora-calls-teammate-an-a-hole-071413
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:16 am

Thanks for posting that. I was listening on Dirtvision and heard the original interview and have to say that I just didn't think it was that bad even when I first heard it. And watching this, although he used the word a$$hole twice, it wasn't like he was jumping up and down and spitting out all sorts of bad words and throwing things. Now seeing that mangled car, he could have easily been a lot more angry than he lets on here. At the time and now, I just don't think it was that bad for everybody to be ragging on him so much. I imagine there are many parents who have said worse around their kids.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:51 pm

Tony is a whiner,did he expect Kinser to just let him by just because Tony is his boss? I'm not a Steve Kinser fan by far,but he is called the king for a reason and Tony is no exception to the rule of racing.
I'm not happy Stewart and Kanne are coming to NY.i have to pay extra for tickets just because they are here-no one really cares if you wanna know the truth! :evil:
Go back to USAC if they wanna play,i could care less about that!
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:06 pm

wolfgang wrote:Tony is a whiner,did he expect Kinser to just let him by just because Tony is his boss? I'm not a Steve Kinser fan by far,but he is called the king for a reason and Tony is no exception to the rule of racing.
I'm not happy Stewart and Kanne are coming to NY.i have to pay extra for tickets just because they are here-no one really cares if you wanna know the truth! :evil:
Go back to USAC if they wanna play,i could care less about that!

I guess that's my point..........he wasn't whining! It wasn't that bad. He'd just been dumped and he was mad. You just can't tell me that the majority of these drivers don't call one another names at one point or another! Maybe into the microphone wasn't too cool, but that's what you get when you stuff a microphone in someone's face after they get wrecked. The media just soooooooooo overplays some of this stuff.

I'm sorry you have to pay extra if they come to your racetrack Wolfgang, I don't believe that should happen. But, when these guys show up, it also causes more people to fill seats. That's a fact, so whether you or the other drivers like it or not..............the tracks are going to bring them on if they can.
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:21 am

I watched the video of Tony's interview at Eldora and the way he said the word he called Steve Kinser sounded more joking than mad. He even looked like he was smiling some. Shoot I've called some of my co-workers that when they've done a bone head thing and vice versa.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:15 pm

The 27th has just been added to the list on page one
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Thanks for adding that Smoke14. Do you or anyone else know if tonight's race is being broadcast at all? I know the track does tweets, but can't find it on Dirtvision or RacinBoys. TIA
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Sorry, I didn't look, was busy
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:32 pm

Wasn't a good night, Tony caused bad crash....took out 1/2 the field
19 minute 22 second video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFuxfIDZFrU&feature=player_embedded#at=389

.................after watching over & over, I sorta looks like the inside car got into Tony who was already trying to get control of his car & then the chain started.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:18 pm

Tonight Fulton Speedway July 17, 2013 Wednesday
Won heat race 3
Tony finished 12th in race
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:45 pm

Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:02 pm

Tonight:
July 18, 2013 Thursday
Fonda Speedway
Schenectady, NY
Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:07 pm

Canandaigua MSP ‏@Canandaigua_MSP 7 hr ago
Alysha is home and resting - she has asked that people stop blaming Tony Stewart and stated it was a racing accident, nothing more

Canandaigua MSP ‏@Canandaigua_MSP 2 hr ago
Just got off the phone with Alysha's mom - Alysha is in good spirits, and is hoping to come watch racing on Saturday Night!

View Tony Pictures & others: http://www.flickr.com/photos/socialpmchick/sets/72157634696540940/
Smoke
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:54 am

TONIGHT:
July 21, 2013 Sunday
Lebanon Valley Speedway
West Lebanon, NY

http://www.lebanonvalley.com/lvs_home.html
Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing