housesandhogans

Post Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: July Dirt Racing: Tony

Smoke14Wins wrote:TONIGHT:
July 21, 2013 Sunday
Lebanon Valley Speedway
West Lebanon, NY

http://www.lebanonvalley.com/lvs_home.html

Listened to it on Dirtvision. He seemed to be doing ok until the last caution, at which time he pulled into the infield and ended with a 20th place finish. Do not know what happened as the caution was caused by someone else so I don't think the announcers knew why he didn't come back either. :(
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks for update. All these races & I've not been able to listen in or find tweets or such on them. I've not been home during those races or if I was, it was just about over & I didn't try finding it.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 pm

I pretty much rely on Dirtvision and the WoO website. The WoO website usually has the notes area and the live scoring (depending on the internet connection at the track), so I end up having that website up twice. Now, when he is not racing with the WoO's, its a little trickier. Smokes Bass Pond is really good at doing retweets, and is sometimes actually at the tracks. Otherwise, I have signed up with so many other tracks that sometimes I'm not even sure what they are tweeting about, but I am finding it more and more interesting and getting easier to follow.

Maybe I need to get a life????
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:39 pm

housesandhogans wrote:I pretty much rely on Dirtvision and the WoO website. The WoO website usually has the notes area and the live scoring (depending on the internet connection at the track), so I end up having that website up twice. Now, when he is not racing with the WoO's, its a little trickier. Smokes Bass Pond is really good at doing retweets, and is sometimes actually at the tracks. Otherwise, I have signed up with so many other tracks that sometimes I'm not even sure what they are tweeting about, but I am finding it more and more interesting and getting easier to follow.

The WOO is better than Nascar,so i think you're good with your life. :lol: BTW,i didn't make it to Lebonan Valley last night but two guys from work did and the tickets were the norm price $25.Tony was said to be very cordial and signed autographs in the pits before the race,very differant from the last time he was here.Donny #15 won the A-main,Tony started sixth and finished there,friend of mine said i'd be surprised how well Tony can now wheel a sprint car now.Wanted to go,but i had six children at my house till 8:oopm. The race was pretty good i heard,normally it has been follow the leader there the past few years. :cry:
Fonda was the first time the WOO were there and still haven't found out how it went,i don't believe it was a point race-probly why the tickets were $30. :?: Don't know anyone who races there anymore and the Valley is more popular as it is a faster,larger, smoother track.
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:25 pm

wolfgang wrote:
housesandhogans wrote:I pretty much rely on Dirtvision and the WoO website. The WoO website usually has the notes area and the live scoring (depending on the internet connection at the track), so I end up having that website up twice. Now, when he is not racing with the WoO's, its a little trickier. Smokes Bass Pond is really good at doing retweets, and is sometimes actually at the tracks. Otherwise, I have signed up with so many other tracks that sometimes I'm not even sure what they are tweeting about, but I am finding it more and more interesting and getting easier to follow.

The WOO is better than Nascar,so i think you're good with your life. :lol: BTW,i didn't make it to Lebonan Valley last night but two guys from work did and the tickets were the norm price $25.Tony was said to be very cordial and signed autographs in the pits before the race,very differant from the last time he was here.Donny #15 won the A-main,Tony started sixth and finished there,friend of mine said i'd be surprised how well Tony can now wheel a sprint car now.Wanted to go,but i had six children at my house till 8:oopm. The race was pretty good i heard,normally it has been follow the leader there the past few years. :cry:
Fonda was the first time the WOO were there and still haven't found out how it went,i don't believe it was a point race-probly why the tickets were $30. :?: Don't know anyone who races there anymore and the Valley is more popular as it is a faster,larger, smoother track.

I hate to disagree (and maybe something changed after I turned it off) because I wasn't at Lebanon, was just listening and reading the notes. But, when everything ended last night they were scoring him as finishing 20th, not 6th. I don't think he actually even finished. At the last caution they said he drove to the infield and when they restarted, they did not mention him as coming back to the race like they did the other guy who went to the infield. So, again, I wasn't there. But the final notes posted him as 20th.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:59 pm

I'm glad you did disagree,the local track news credited Tony with a 20th place finish due to mechanical issues but didn't specify what.The top five in order were Shatz,Pittman,McMahan,Madensen and Swindell,with Pittman holding the points lead and Rolling Wheels Ny.is the the next points race this Tues.
Evidently someone had a little too much to drink at the Valley Sunday night and owes me an explaination tommorow. :lol:
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:38 pm

Yes, I saw that Pittman actually gained a point on Schatz, even though Schatz won the race. Sometimes how they do the points on any given series makes me shake my head! lol But, my knowledge is growing! ;)
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 pm

housesandhogans wrote:Yes, I saw that Pittman actually gained a point on Schatz, even though Schatz won the race. Sometimes how they do the points on any given series makes me shake my head! lol But, my knowledge is growing! ;)

Pittman has been leading the points most the season,Schatz has more wins but Pittman has been more consistant.Kanne made no mistake getting rid of Joey and hiring Pittman. 8-) The greatest driver i've ever seen in my opinion in this series, was Doug Wolfgang-he was one of the originals like Kinser and Swindell or Lasowski.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:16 pm

wolfgang wrote:
housesandhogans wrote:Yes, I saw that Pittman actually gained a point on Schatz, even though Schatz won the race. Sometimes how they do the points on any given series makes me shake my head! lol But, my knowledge is growing! ;)

Pittman has been leading the points most the season,Schatz has more wins but Pittman has been more consistant.Kanne made no mistake getting rid of Joey and hiring Pittman. 8-) The greatest driver i've ever seen in my opinion in this series, was Doug Wolfgang-he was one of the originals like Kinser and Swindell or Lasowski.

You? or a relative?
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing