FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Conspiracy Theory?

<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Conspiracy Theory?

Being a Tony fan, so listening and reading everything about yesterday's win. I found something interesting. In an article about the best of radio chatter and on Race Hub today when they did some of the radio talk - heard Chad Knaus tell JJ that "they" didn't want him to win the race. Seriously? I'm not crazy about Nascar's stranglehold on what the drivers do and say........but don't really think they would make a call just so he would lose a race. Think this time Chad's a sore loser.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: Conspiracy Theory?

I'd heard that comment over and over today while listening to callers debate about that call on Sirius radio today.

I don't think Chad or Jimmie for that matter walked away from yesterday's race eating sour grapes. They are both hard charging, high octane competitors. They both know you win some, you lose some.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:19 pm

Tony saying Juan Montoya is a great driver is a conspiracy!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:19 pm

housesandhogans wrote:Being a Tony fan, so listening and reading everything about yesterday's win. I found something interesting. In an article about the best of radio chatter and on Race Hub today when they did some of the radio talk - heard Chad Knaus tell JJ that "they" didn't want him to win the race. Seriously? I'm not crazy about Nascar's stranglehold on what the drivers do and say........but don't really think they would make a call just so he would lose a race. Think this time Chad's a sore loser.

its funny how most nascar fans think if it wasnt for nascar JJ would never have won a race, cant have it both ways,
as far as chad having sour grapes, its the same as tony when he has a bad run and says something some people dont like, its called bein a competitor, wanting to succeed.
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:47 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
housesandhogans wrote:Being a Tony fan, so listening and reading everything about yesterday's win. I found something interesting. In an article about the best of radio chatter and on Race Hub today when they did some of the radio talk - heard Chad Knaus tell JJ that "they" didn't want him to win the race. Seriously? I'm not crazy about Nascar's stranglehold on what the drivers do and say........but don't really think they would make a call just so he would lose a race. Think this time Chad's a sore loser.

its funny how most nascar fans think if it wasnt for nascar JJ would never have won a race, cant have it both ways,
as far as chad having sour grapes, its the same as tony when he has a bad run and says something some people dont like, its called bein a competitor, wanting to succeed.

Hopefully not most. Take the dislike of JJ as a compliment. He's basically NASCAR's version of the Yankees. Not everyone likes a perrenial winner.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:50 pm

HTower wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:

Hopefully not most. Take the dislike of JJ as a compliment. He's basically NASCAR's version of the Yankees. Not everyone likes a perrenial winner.

i agree with the perennial winner comment, i cant hate on someones success, even when dale sr ruled nascar, all this goes back to nascar and its inconsistency and they make up rules as they go along.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:30 pm

Not liking a winner is nothing new in NASCAR. There was a time that Fans and fellow drivers were not real crazy about Richard Petty. They acccused him of cheating with the head of NASCAR turned away. All one has to do is read a few books written by his colleagues to find out how they felt. As for Chad there will be another CC that will be his equal and in about 10 years fans will wonder what the fuss was all about.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:31 am

as far as chad having sour grapes, its the same as tony when he has a bad run and says something some people dont like, its called bein a competitor, wanting to succeed.[/quote]

Hopefully not most. Take the dislike of JJ as a compliment. He's basically NASCAR's version of the Yankees. Not everyone likes a perrenial winner.[/quote]

i agree with the perennial winner comment, i cant hate on someones success, even when dale sr ruled nascar, all this goes back to nascar and its inconsistency and they make up rules as they go along.[/quote]

I guess I wasn't originally trying to say I hate or even dislike JJ because he wins. When you're good you're good and, let's face it, the combination off JJ and Chad has been like - I don't even know what to compare it to, they are that good. I just thought it was interesting that Chad made it sound like they were winning or losing because of Nascar. ( "They" don't want you to win.) I feel this team wins because they are good and they lose because once in a while they're human like the rest of us. I just don't really think Nascar has some kind of grudge against them. Do you?
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:33 am

What's to hate about JJ and CK? Nothing really.
Just makes me indifferent to the sport as I roll my eyes and get bored if he wins.
Seen it before.
It gets old. I like NASCAR to be exciting.
But this year, even with the point lead, I think it was over a month ago that I stated I believe this year is Kenseth's. Maybe even longer. Now everyone, including TV's commentators, are picking him.
Without engine failures, I'd imagine he'd easily be in first.
There's a few that will give JJ a good run for the cup. Even Smoke, if he can stay consistent, hopefully get another win or 2, can make the chase.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:30 pm

Jellikit wrote:What's to hate about JJ and CK? Nothing really.
Just makes me indifferent to the sport as I roll my eyes and get bored if he wins.
Seen it before.
It gets old. I like NASCAR to be exciting.
But this year, even with the point lead, I think it was over a month ago that I stated I believe this year is Kenseth's. Maybe even longer. Now everyone, including TV's commentators, are picking him.
Without engine failures, I'd imagine he'd easily be in first.
There's a few that will give JJ a good run for the cup. Even Smoke, if he can stay consistent, hopefully get another win or 2, can make the chase.

Exactly.............to all your points.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm

To housesandhogans...I hope you didn't think my comment was meant to scold you. I think you have to respect the Jimmie/Chad pairing. In the heat of the moment the comment "they don't want us to win" could have been said by many drivers over the years I'm sure.

Most people here know I am just a little obsessed with Chad Knaus. Jimmie, not so much. The comment I took exception to was Jimmie whining and begging Mike Helton to review the tape. But his post race comments were gracious.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:48 pm

i said last yr matt would be in tittle contention once he moved to the 20, big deal he wont be much of anything if the engines keep blowing up, at least HMS hasnt had a failure yet <knock on wood>

people like to say JJ begs and whines so they can goof on him, kinda like when tony whines about everyone blocking him when he does it himself, but thats ok for tony to #### and moan, if your gonna call out other drivers for complaning, have the guts to call out your own driver for doing the same and dont give him a pass by saying "thats our tony!" its a chicken poop response
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:07 pm

chicken poop... <snicker>
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 pm

The funniest whining I ever heard was JPM that time he got caught speeding on pit road. I don't remember the track but he went on and on about swearing on his wife and kids that he wasn't speeding... That was the most pitiful crap I've ever heard. If NASCAR did "The 10" on whining, that would be #1.

Does anyone have any "pull" with them? I'd like to see that program... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:27 pm

As usual Rochelle, you are correct about JPM.

Did I just admit in writing that I'm obsessed with Chad? Edit edit edit.......
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing