FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keselowski fails post race inspection..........

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:21 pm

Keselowski fails post race inspection..........

Keselowski fails post-race inspection: According to media members at Dover, #2-Keselowski failed post-race inspection because his Ford was too low in the front. The car will be further examined at the NASCAR Research & Development Center. Penalties are typically announced on Tuesdays. Earlier this year #56-Truex, Jr. was penalized 6 points when his car was too low after the Texas race.(6-2-2013

I think they are still on probation for the last penalties...this can't be good!?! :roll:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: Keselowski fails post race inspection..........

Annalee wrote:Keselowski fails post-race inspection: According to media members at Dover, #2-Keselowski failed post-race inspection because his Ford was too low in the front. The car will be further examined at the NASCAR Research & Development Center. Penalties are typically announced on Tuesdays. Earlier this year #56-Truex, Jr. was penalized 6 points when his car was too low after the Texas race.(6-2-2013

I think they are still on probation for the last penalties...this can't be good!?! :roll:

getting ready to dust off the ol' secret double probation where nothing else happens to the CC.
But wouldn't that suck 1st race back from suspension & get suspended again LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:15 pm

im not bein funny............ but can ya be that stupid to go right after it again? maybe it was simplle human error
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:19 pm

michaeljohn wrote:im not bein funny............ but can ya be that stupid to go right after it again? maybe it was simplle human error

right now it could be just a part failure. if so the CC is safe.
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:im not bein funny............ but can ya be that stupid to go right after it again? maybe it was simplle human error

right now it could be just a part failure. if so the CC is safe.

Yeah, the part failed to be the right length/height whatever because it was improperly installed. Paul Wolfe is certainly no Chad Knaus.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:52 pm

Update from previous post.............

Keselowski fails post-race inspection UPDATE: According to media members at Dover, #2-Keselowski failed post-race inspection because his Ford was too low in the front. The car will be further examined at the NASCAR Research & Development Center. Penalties are typically announced on Tuesdays. Earlier this year #56-Truex, Jr. was penalized 6 points when his car was too low after the Texas race.(6-2-2013)

UPDATE: Brad Keselowski and Penske Racing face potential penalties after the front end of the #2 Ford was found to be too low in inspection following Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Dover International Speedway. Keselowski finished fifth in the race to move up two spots to eighth in the standings. If penalized, it would be the second time this season. Keselowski was docked 25 points after NASCAR discovered an unapproved rear end housing before the April race at Texas.(ESPN)(6-3-2013)

Remember NASCAR doesn't take into account intent.........................
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Since the car went through tech inspection right before the race, I'd say it was something that happened during the race. I don't know that this will be any big deal, but you never know since NASCAR had their hands slapped by the last couple of appeals. I guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Rochelle wrote:Since the car went through tech inspection right before the race, I'd say it was something that happened during the race. I don't know that this will be any big deal, but you never know since NASCAR had their hands slapped by the last couple of appeals. I guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon...

CHEATER, it makes me giggle still all last summer, he cried HMS this and that, chad is playing by the rules and they are the naughty ones.
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
Rochelle wrote:Since the car went through tech inspection right before the race, I'd say it was something that happened during the race. I don't know that this will be any big deal, but you never know since NASCAR had their hands slapped by the last couple of appeals. I guess we'll see tomorrow afternoon...

CHEATER, it makes me giggle still all last summer, he cried HMS this and that, chad is playing by the rules and they are the naughty ones.

Kinda embarressed about BK and his words last year too,i know HMS cheats,but he called them out on it! :lol:
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:42 am

As Penske Racing awaits potential penalties for Brad Keselowski's Ford failing postrace inspection at Dover International Speedway, the team blamed a broken part for the car not meeting minimum height. Team spokesman Jonathan Gibson [said] the part failure caused the front of the car to be too low. In a text message, Roger Penske called the Dover infraction "unfortunate," and said the team wouldn't appeal any possible penalty. #56-Martin Truex Jr.'s Toyota was too low in postrace inspection at Texas, resulting in a six-point deduction, a $25,000 fine and probation for crew chief Chad Johnston. Michael Waltrip Racing didn't appeal the punishment and said the car didn't meet minimum height because of debris in the shock that didn't allow it to rebound.
~ Jayski's
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:13 am

wolfgang wrote:Kinda embarressed about BK and his words last year too,i know HMS cheats,but he called them out on it! :lol:

HMS inovates, they don't cheat. :roll:

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) <-- Signifies a joke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:23 am

wolfgang wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:

Kinda embarressed about BK and his words last year too,i know HMS cheats,but he called them out on it! :lol:

oh im just having fun, its nice to see someone else taking the heat this year :D
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:06 pm

From Jayski's:

#2 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Team Penalized For Violation: Penalties have been handed down to the #2 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series team following last Sunday's race at Dover International Speedway. The #2 car was found to have violated Sections 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing); 12-4J (any determination by NASCAR officials that the race equipment used in the event does not conform to NASCAR rules); and 20-12.8.1B (the car failed to meet the minimum front car heights during post-race inspection) of the 2013 rule book. As a result of this violation, crew chief Paul Wolfe has been fined $25,000 and will remain on NASCAR probation until Dec. 31. The team has also been docked six championship driver (Brad Keselowski) and six championship car owner (Roger Penske) points.(NASCAR)(6-4-2013)

No word yet from Penske if they will appeal.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:14 pm

Jelli's last post quoted Penske as saying the team would not appeal.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:17 pm

I wonder if they might change their minds now that the penalties are official.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing