FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FIVE REASONS STEWART HAAS RACING ISN'T PERFORMING WELL......

<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 16, 2013 9:21 am

FIVE REASONS STEWART HAAS RACING ISN'T PERFORMING WELL......

I am not a fan of Yahoo sports news.......it basically states some of the obvious...... :( :shock:

Five Reasons Stewart-Haas Racing Isn't Performing Well By Matt Fitzgerald | Yahoo! Contributor Network – 2 hours 28 minutes ago.. COMMENTARY | Stewart-Haas Racing has everything it takes to be a top-notch team in NASCAR today, but none of it seems to be coming together. The team not only has the drivers to win races, but it also has the manufacturer and car support to have what should be some of the best cars on the track each week. Here are five reasons why the team is not performing up to the standards it set this season:
GEN 6
The Generation-6 Car All teams have to adjust to the new car and the way that it drives different from the old car, but it seems like SHR is having a much harder time than most other teams in the garage. This is Stewart's worst start to a season of his career and Newman's worst since joining SHR. The team's only top five up to this point in the season is Newman's fifth-place finish in the season-opening Daytona 500. From that race on, Stewart and Newman have combined for five additional
top 10 finishes in 10 starts each. That isn't something that is going to keep them in contention for
the chase or help them to win a championship before everything is said and done. All the team can hope for now is that Stewart lives up to his reputation of a summer driver and the team finally figures out this new car.
DANICA PATRICK
That brings everything to the next issue of Danica Patrick and whether or not she is really good for the team. Danica Patrick Patrick is an excellent driver in many ways and is showing a lot of potential to really break out into someone who could compete with the best of them in the future. Her move to Cup has come at a very bad time for the team as a whole and has led to poor performances. By no means should Danica be expected to go out and finish well in every race her first year, but she hasn't even performed close to fellow rookie driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr. The
argument can be made that he has been driving stock cars longer and is the two-time defending Nationwide champion, but that just further shows why Danica shouldn't be running at this level yet. Stewart is having to spend a great deal of time mentoring Danica and showing her how to drive a
car that she has very little experience in and was thrown into based off of her name and sponsor backing. This has made Stewart take time away from the start of his season, when he has been known to not be as good of a finisher. This is evident in the fact that since forming SHR in 2009, the only time he was outside the top 10 in points at this point in the season was when he was 18t in 2010.
BAD LUCK
Plain Bad Luck Luck has had a lot to do with the SHR drivers not finishing up to their potential in races this year. At Talladega, Newman was having a good day when Kurt Busch'
flipping-car landed on top of him and ended his day. That wreck also collected Patrick as well to hurt the team even further. So far this year, Newman has had three DNFs with Patrick accumulating two more. Stewart may have finished every race, but he has still been caught up in his fair share of bad luck. Between getting caught up in minor wrecks and not having cars that are performing as well as his competitors, Stewart is on a very slippery slope just fighting to keep from falling any
further.
STEVE ADDINGTON
Steve Addington After winning the championship with Darien Grubb in 2011, Stewart let him go in
favor of Steve Addington, and all seemed well at the start of last season. It is shown now, though, that something is not clicking between these two anymore and changes need to be made quickly. Most of the blame should be put on Stewart to get out there and drive the car like we all know he can, but that can't be done if the crew isn't getting the job done in the pits and in pre-race setup. Newman's crew chief, Matt Borland, has become this season's first two-time Moog "Problem Solver" award winner. So, it is evident that he knows how to get the job done to make sure that Newman keeps moving forward and making things happen on the track each week. Tony Gibson, Patrick's crew chief, is doing all that he can to get Danica on the right track and make sure that she performs well each week. Also, their pairing, and Danica is general, is too new to really know if it is going to lead to good things in the future or if he is the right person for the job.
OWNER DRIVER
Balancing Being an Owner with Being a Driver All of this is encompassed in the fact that Stewart
has to balance being an owner with being a driver more than anytime before. He just added Danica to the stable, is adding Harvick next year, and is having to work harder with getting sponsorships for his cars throughout the season. Danica is the only driver up to this point who truly has a sponsor for the entire season. This has led Stewart to have to focus more of his attention on the owner side of the business, and this is taking away from his driver time. This has led to the team as a whole not having its leader, and the person who has really brought them all to where they are today. Newman and Patrick are not known for their great finishes or leadership abilities, and Stewart isn't there to help motivate them to attain better things and follow in his example.
Overall, Stewart-Haas Racing is in a state flux and working to get back to the place that it needs to be to be successful. The team will find a way to finish the season out strong, but it doesn't seem like this year is going to be anywhere near what it expected before it started. Matt Fitzgerald lives in Las Vegas and has been following NASCAR for 15 years now. He never misses a race and goes to as many as possible at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 9:32 am

Re: FIVE REASONS STEWART HAAS RACING ISN'T PERFORMING WELL..

Fitzgerald does state a lot of the obvious... I see what you mean. Anyone who follows NASCAR & SHR can see that they are struggling. How long to stay status quo, when to make a change and what chang(es) to make is anybody's guess. Ousiders can always offer their opinion as to what is needed to turn their season around, but we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 am

Usually, the comments from the yahoo readers are more insightful than the actual articles that they write.
But hey, look at these stellar credits of the author....
"Matt Fitzgerald lives in Las Vegas and has been following NASCAR for 15 years now. He never misses a race and goes to as many as possible at Las Vegas Motor Speedway."

:roll: :roll: :roll:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:50 am

Jellikit wrote:Usually, the comments from the yahoo readers are more insightful than the actual articles that they write.
But hey, look at these stellar credits of the author....
"Matt Fitzgerald lives in Las Vegas and has been following NASCAR for 15 years now. He never misses a race and goes to as many as possible at Las Vegas Motor Speedway."

:roll: :roll: :roll:

With credentials like that, most of US would be qualified to write for Yahoo. :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:56 am

Most of y'all would be OVER-qualified. :lol:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 12:06 pm

Guess he had to submit something to justify his paycheck. :? ;) :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Sun May 19, 2013 2:19 am

tony gets better late in the season don't give up on him he will come thru for his fans
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun May 19, 2013 7:37 am

I don't put much merit into something that has "yahoo" in their name. :shock: :lol: 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun May 19, 2013 4:27 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:I don't put much merit into something that has "yahoo" in their name. :shock: :lol: 8-)

Boy howdy... Ain't that the truth :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Rochelle wrote:
midwesternsmoke wrote:I don't put much merit into something that has "yahoo" in their name. :shock: :lol: 8-)

Boy howdy... Ain't that the truth :lol: :lol: :lol:

your one step away from bein blocked!, no such word as aint!
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

kim92164

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:43 am

Ain't is in the dictionary and spell check didn't try to correct, lol.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 22, 2013 8:54 am

i was scolded by my 8th grade science teacher for using that word, later in the day she came to my English class and humiliated me in front of that class
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

dartsec

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Tony is not out of the picture just yet...wait and see.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed May 22, 2013 4:46 pm

I believe it should read

Tony ain't out of the picture yet
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Annalee

Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:41 pm

But it is fading quickly............ :(

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing