FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cobb Alleges Harmon Stole Her Team Transporter

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 8:26 am

Cobb Alleges Harmon Stole Her Team Transporter

Strange twisted story :?

The Associated Press

SALISBURY, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR driver Mike Harmon has been accused of stealing a team transporter from Jennifer Jo Cobb.

Cobb reported the trailer was stolen early Saturday from the JJC racing shop. She is a driver and team owner in NASCAR's Truck Series.

Cobb told investigators the trailer was taken by Harmon and Sheila Rae Rice, and the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said it issued warrants for their arrest for felony larceny and breaking and entering.

Cobb estimated the value of the hauler and its contents at $279,000.

Harmon used to be the team manager for Cobb's Nationwide team, and indicated Wednesday night in a series of tweets he's involved in litigation with the driver.

''I want it known that I have never stolen so much as a piece of bubble gum in my life,'' Harmon posted on Twitter. ''I did not take JJC hauler, there is no video of me anywhere near her shop. Today she was the windshield & I was the bug, but when we get in FEDERAL court in a couple wks there's a boulder coming.''

Harmon has run five of nine Nationwide Series races this year.

Cobb has run all four Truck Series races this year and her best finish was 17th at Kansas. She said in a statement she's trying to recover the trailer and its contents in time for Friday night's race at Charlotte Motor Speedway. Practice is Thursday.

''It is my sole concern to get the transporter back so that we can make Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Charlotte Motor Speedway,'' Cobb said. ''We are working with other teams right now to borrow the necessary items in the event our hauler and its contents are not returned. We are pleased with the diligent work that the Rowan County Sheriff's Department has shown in solving this crime.''
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Annalee

Post Thu May 16, 2013 10:04 am

Re: Cobb Alleges Harmon Stole Her Team Transporter

How do you steal a transporter........where do you hide the evidence? This just doesn't pass the smell test! Weird..........

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 10:09 am

Starting yesterday, Twitter has lit up with all kinds of comments about this. Some factual, some snarkey, others I'm just not sure about. :? :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:11 am

Harmon Denies Theft of Cobb's Hauler

By Staff report | NASCAR.com

Released on bond following his Wednesday arrest in North Carolina, NASCAR driver Mike Harmon has denied stealing Jennifer Jo Cobb's hauler.

Cobb reported the hauler -- the contents of which are valued at more than $250,000, according to Jennifer Jo Cobb Racing -- was stolen Saturday from the team's race shop in North Carolina, and local authorities issued warrants for the arrest of Harmon and Sheila Rae Rice for felony larceny and breaking and entering.

"I want it known that I have never stolen so much as a piece of bubble gum in my life," Harmon posted on Twitter on Wednesday afternoon. "I did not take JJC hauler, there is no video of me anywhere near her shop. Today she was the windshield & I was the bug, but when we get in FEDERAL court in a couple wks there's a boulder coming."

Cobb released a statement on her official Facebook page Thursday morning that read: "Very important clarification: I have not accused or alleged any person in this crime. Arrests have been made based on evidence and eye witness accounts. Now... Lets go racing!"

Cobb is in Charlotte, where the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series returns to the track for practice on Thursday. She hopes to borrow parts from other teams and still run the North Carolina Education Lottery 200 on Friday.

Harmon was the team manager for Cobb's NASCAR Nationwide Series team, and he's driven in five Nationwide races this season.

Cobb, driving for her own team, has driven in all four 2013 Truck Series races.

<<

Rochelle

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 am

hmmmm... I don't think he'd have been arrested unless there was some type of proof. Such a shame for her and her team. What a ridiculous thing to do, whoever did it.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:46 am

Whoever stole it, just wanted to screw over the team. But, as others have posted - where do you hide something THAT BIG :?: :shock:

Even most chop-shops wouldn't have the room to hide it. Don't most big rigs have GPS locators? Maybe not for these privately owned haulers, but I know commercial long-haul trucks do.

<<

HTower

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

HiddenHollow wrote:Whoever stole it, just wanted to screw over the team. But, as others have posted - where do you hide something THAT BIG :?: :shock:

Even most chop-shops wouldn't have the room to hide it. Don't most big rigs have GPS locators? Maybe not for these privately owned haulers, but I know commercial long-haul trucks do.

So do school buses.
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013 ... eg-bonnett

A scrap yard owner stole 8 school buses and shredded them, wanting to get the scrap metal price out of them.

The GPS locator got him caught.
<<

Jellikit

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

Will be interesting to see who's lying here...

The Associated Press / Cobb ~ "Cobb told investigators the trailer was taken by Harmon and Sheila Rae Rice, and the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said it issued warrants for their arrest for felony larceny and breaking and entering."

Harmon ~ ''I want it known that I have never stolen so much as a piece of bubble gum in my life,'' Harmon posted on Twitter. ''I did not take JJC hauler, there is no video of me anywhere near her shop."

Cobb ~ "Very important clarification: I have not accused or alleged any person in this crime. Arrests have been made based on evidence and eye witness accounts."

Maybe this guy can sort it out ~

;)
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu May 16, 2013 11:58 am

An interesting thing to say... ''I did not take JJC hauler, there is no video of me anywhere near her shop." He would know where the cameras are... :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 12:02 pm

Shredded school busses :shock: I guess I shouldn't be surprised. There are some wacko people out there.

Somebody sure sounds like they are lying. The story line just gets strangerer and strangerer. :?

<<

HTower

Post Thu May 16, 2013 12:46 pm

Jellikit wrote:Maybe this guy can sort it out ~

;)

Darn you for making me look this up and watch an episode. :evil:

Hilarious though. :lol:
<<

osoblu

Post Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 pm

They take the goods inside and shred the trailer. If you are a user on hoseheads or many other motorsports sites its not uncommon for someone to be requesting help in locating their stolen hauler.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 16, 2013 1:29 pm

That is beyond belief. My brain just doesn't work that way, so I guess that's why I don't understand.

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Thu May 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Rochelle wrote:An interesting thing to say... ''I did not take JJC hauler, there is no video of me anywhere near her shop." He would know where the cameras are... :twisted:

I just think this is a very odd thing for an innocent person to say.

That's kinda like saying, hey you cant prove it! (So I am innocent)
ImageImageImage
<<

kim92164

Post Thu May 16, 2013 7:23 pm

What's to say he didn't pay off someone to act on his behalf & do the dirty work for him? That way he can honestly say he was nowhere near where it happened. Like my neighbor used to say that their skirts were clean.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing