FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR suspends 2 for failing random drug tests

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue May 14, 2013 7:14 pm

NASCAR suspends 2 for failing random drug tests

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- NASCAR has suspended two crew members for failing random drug tests.

One of the two suspensions issued Tuesday was to Lee Dodson, a mechanic on Clint Bowyer's car. Michael Waltrip Racing fired Dodson upon learning he'd failed a drug test.

The other suspension was issued to Frank Earnhardt, who NASCAR identified only as a crew member for a Nationwide Series team.

JR Motorsports said Earnhardt did not work for its organization, and a spokesman said the crew member was not believed to be a member of the extended Earnhardt family.

Anyone suspended for failing a NASCAR drug test must complete the ''Road to Recovery'' program before they are eligible for reinstatement.

:arrow: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nascar-sus ... ascar.html
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: NASCAR suspends 2 for failing random drug tests

This is a real shame. But don't people ever learn? Apparently not.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jsw14

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:09 pm

I call what they did "Stupid" :roll: :roll: They have to know 50 to 100 or more ppl R wantin too grab a job like that, & have the know-how to do the job!!!!
Just TWO more ppl standing in the unemployment line........ :roll: :roll:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed May 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Some folks don't have the ability or capacity to "Just say No."

Drugs are powerful enemies .... and if you haven't walked in those shoes, then I believe one shouldn't judge to quickly or flippantly.

Just my humble opinion. I've seen drugs take down great people and there is nothing any one can do except for the one who is doing them. It's sad really.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

You're absolutely correct smokie14. What people seem to fail to realize is that drug/alcohol addiction is a disease. As you say, those with it, usually, do not have the ability to just say no. Most have a predisposition in their personality to the addiction. Once they try it, the issue will commonly be there until something drastic comes along, requiring them to change. And even then, it isn't always a permanent change. Some may relapse after 10, 20 years, or more. It usually stems from a "learned" way to deal with problems.

Many wonderful people fall into this category. Some manage to carry on being loving, productive, fruitful people in their environments and community while using. Some manage to get the help needed to overcome it. Some don't and make mistakes along the way. And obviously for some, it's a long, complicated, and devastating disease, both to themselves and their families & loved ones.

Prayers to those injured and to those needing help.

Return to NASCAR & Racing