FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

JGR Appeal

<<

azk8ster

Post Wed May 08, 2013 6:01 pm

JGR Appeal

Hehehe, NASCAR just got b1tchslapped by the appeals board! Love it!

Points penalty reduced from 50 to 12, Matt's back to fourth in the standings, and can use the bonus points previously taken away for the Kansas win

Ratcliff's suspension reduced from seven weeks to one

the 20 car will continue to accrue owners' points

Ratcliff's fine of $200,000 upheld, and he'll be on probation for three races once he's back from suspension
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

jsw14

Post Wed May 08, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: JGR Appeal

YYHHayyyy for the Appeals Board........We need NEW Blood on the Board 8-)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image "STAND UP FOR TONY & SHR"
<<

dirt93

Post Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 am

Thats awesome news. It is hard to take the fall for TRD's mistake. I am glad they did a more realistic penalty.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu May 09, 2013 7:46 am

I'm glad the appeal's board reduced the penalty for this unintentional, minor mistake.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Thu May 09, 2013 2:19 pm

What I don't understand is the flap in the first place. Is it all just to scare the other crew chiefs from thinking beyond the rules? Why is everying basically scraped but the fine? Sort of looks like NASCAR is after the money which is outrageous as they have more money than anyone else. I think the appeal board is as crazy as NASCAR. Why didn't they just wipe it all out? They were dealing with gabillionaires who'd never miss the money so why don't they pitch in and pay for the fine for the guy that got kicked out of racing because he couldn't afford his $200,000 fine? Sort of looks like it's the money not racing.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu May 09, 2013 4:43 pm

Finally something comes out right. I sure as heck hope NASCAR is paying attention. There was no advantage, there was no intent, there was no way for them to know there was anything "off" on the internal parts. How ridiculous they must feel. Geez, the difference in the weight was the weight of a dime. Does a dime really feel like anything when you hold it? Not only doesn't it buy anything anymore, but it doesn't weigh much either.

Still, it's kind of funny how they never have to give up any of their fines... Money talks is right... :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

azk8ster

Post Thu May 09, 2013 11:27 pm

When I was talking to my brother about the penalty reduction, it occurred to me that maybe NASCAR is throwing out these outrageous penalties for the sole purpose of creating a buzz for the sport....
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

ndunn

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:15 am

azk8ster wrote:When I was talking to my brother about the penalty reduction, it occurred to me that maybe NASCAR is throwing out these outrageous penalties for the sole purpose of creating a buzz for the sport....

If all of this is for publicity then NASCAR isn't quite the family owned business I think of. But then the world has changed from what I'm used to and chaos is the normal. There was peace and quiet and doing the right thing was normal. If there was a disagreement you worked it out or walked away and told yourself "to he$4" with it. Does anyone honestly think Penske and Gibbs would really have all the penalties stick? Now if this had been one of the under funded teams they'd probably stick.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing