FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

still not cleared

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed May 01, 2013 1:42 pm

still not cleared

Hamlin plans to start at Talladega UPDATE not cleared yet: #11-Denny Hamlin plans to start Sunday's Sprint Cup race at Talladega Superspeedway, but don't look for him to be in the car long. Assuming nothing changes during practice or qualifying, it will be the first race back for the Joe Gibbs Racing driver since suffering a compression fracture in his lower back on the final lap of the March 24 event at Auto Club Speedway in California. Hamlin tweeted on Tuesday that he was cleared "just to start,' Hamlin told ESPN.com at Kansas he would drop to the back of the pack at Talladega and ride around until the first caution, then give way to backup driver Brian Vickers.(ESPN)(4-30-2013)
UPDATE: NASCAR confirmed that medical clearance has not yet been given for Denny Hamlin to return to racing the #11 FedEx Toyota (many sources on Twitter)(5-1-2013)

well i had back surgery and it took me 3 months just to get cleared to go to PT, but then again i had screws and plates inserted, but after PT, everything went back to normal, was able to work and do heavy lifting, that was 22 years ago when i was only 25, now my age is creepin in on me and i feel it everyday,
<<

TishR

Post Wed May 01, 2013 9:23 pm

Re: still not cleared

I cannot understand what Denny is thinking. I understand what you are saying MJ because I have had a back surgery also but mine was to remove a bad disc.
He has a fracture and his other spine injury, I guess he does not realize that there is still that possibility that just a minor incident could cause many more problems for him. To be quite honest I really hate a racers mentality sometimes because all it could do is push him into early retirement.
Tish
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri May 03, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: still not cleared

Brian Vickers was driving my car,i would really get sick! :mrgreen:
Drivers in the past have been hurt worse than Denny and raced,course back then you didn't race you, didn't eat. ;)
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!

Return to NASCAR & Racing