FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cheaters In Racing

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Cheaters In Racing

Idea's on this one?
I say take the win away from the driver of the team that failed inspection if there was something found illegal that can cause the driver to have an advantage over others. Since this win will be taken away, it's hard to say where the driver would have finished. So, as a punishment, place the driver behind the last car on the lead lap. Finishing pay will be for that place finish. Points will be awarded for that place finish. The car that came in 2nd place would be honored with the 1st place finish. The money reduction from the cheating 1st place winner will go to the NASCAR chairty (as all fines do anyway). A portion of the money taken away from the cheater 1st place car will go to the 2nd place winner leaving the rest for that NASCAR Charity. Sponsors won't be too happy knowing their winning car isn't going to produce the money of 1st place anymore & it reflects bad on the team, so maybe the owners will start thinking if they want to risk stuff. I think all cars should be inspected after a race, not just a few.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: Cheaters In Racing

Oh please, stop with the cheating. The team had nothing to do with it.

The winners car is always torn down by NASCAR and they do inspect others randomly.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:29 pm

cheating is nascar, if your not stretching those grey areas, your not tryin to win, i think it be too complicated to take the win away, so they find it easier just to take the points, and with this gen 6 car, it doesnt look like they are kidding around.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:53 pm

We are taking about 3 grams right? I'm not going to get all excited over it.

I think MJ is absolutely right on this. It's easier to deduct points, etc than take the win away. NASCAR is sending a message.....if a team is working in the grey(I prefer grey instead of gray...it's a 50 shades thing) area...you have been warned.

What upsets me the most is that even with Matty's points reduction he is still waaaaaayyyyy ahead of my driver.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:16 pm

well i thought for sure chad would be the first one busted on the new car, i guess bein engaged has settled him down and left the rule breaking to everyone else :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 pm

michaeljohn wrote:well i thought for sure chad would be the first one busted on the new car, i guess bein engaged has settled him down and left the rule breaking to everyone else :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wow....if I'd have said that WW3 would have broken out.
<<

HTower

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:28 pm

michaeljohn wrote:well i thought for sure chad would be the first one busted on the new car, i guess bein engaged has settled him down and left the rule breaking to everyone else :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

nah, he's had so much practice at operating in the gray that's been able to hide his improvements better than everyone else. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:33 pm

ha, tower i thought that too after i posted it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

thats right doc, ww3 would have gone down and it be ugly... go play nice..
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:41 pm

I am nice. That's why in my original grey comment there was no mention of my man Chad.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 pm

From what I have heard from around here, that connecting rod would not enhance the performance of the car, and it could because it was lighter cause the engine to fail. And if you remember how many engines JGR have blown during a race, I think that the manufactures from Toyota, need to keep their distributors in check. I still don't understand the severity of the penalty unless this is a warning shot, that they are REALLY REALLY serious. I had heard that there were going to be big penalties handed down, late last evening, and I really thought it was going to be Chad ( don't be mad MJ) , so I was waiting for the info to come out and was shocked that it was JGR. I think when Jason Radcliffe was the crew chief on Tony's Nationwide car, he did something to the gas pedal, and was caught by NASCAR . He was fined and penalized not only by NASCAR but by JGR. But this is really not his fault so trying to figure out why such a harsh penalty ..........only that it is NASCAR and common sense doesn't enter the picture...
One thing it is going to do.....is keep the rest...... from even trying to make subtle changes!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:19 pm

I have to say. Chad is ingenious when working in the grey areas. I mean a lot of guys try to do certain things with parts & what not, but Chad went right were they checked the car (with the claw) & said I will work here. They will check it & it will fit legally. I thought the C post thing was an awesome grey area move. Then I looked at our CC at the time I thought...... Why don't you come up with crap like that. Oh never mind, your eatting. My bad!
ImageImageImage
<<

8Ballin

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:26 pm

I don't know if it has been clarified for certain that only 1 rod was light - on Speed they said Nascar pulls out 1 rod randomly to check it, and it was underweight. Have not heard if they went on to check the other 7. But with this big a penalty, something tells me they might have, and found intent.

Of course TRD and Gibbs are going to say that this wouldn't help performance, they always do. But there's a reason Nascar has a minimum weight requirement on rods. Lighter rods mean less power required to move them and less HP loss.

I'd still like to hear more clarification, but this is a huge penalty - but I don't think anyone can say for sure what happened. The team very well may have known they were trying something different.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:30 pm

8Ballin wrote:I don't know if it has been clarified for certain that only 1 rod was light - on Speed they said Nascar pulls out 1 rod randomly to check it, and it was underweight. Have not heard if they went on to check the other 7. But with this big a penalty, something tells me they might have, and found intent.

Of course TRD and Gibbs are going to say that this wouldn't help performance, they always do. But there's a reason Nascar has a minimum weight requirement on rods. Lighter rods mean less power required to move them and less HP loss.

I'd still like to hear more clarification, but this is a huge penalty - but I don't think anyone can say for sure what happened. The team very well may have known they were trying something different.

it has been verified. The one that was light was the random one they checked. Then they checked the rest once it was light. All the rest were legal. They were saying if nascar would have randomly checked a different one they would have never knew of the light one.
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:29 pm

Cheating in racing,say it isn't so! My suggestion would be if caught down right cheating,you forfeit the win and recieve a big DNQ and no points awarded, done,over,on to next race! ;) The grey area,#### you aren't pushing the envelope than you aren't winning-always has been-always will more than likely be.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 pm

next someone will tell me pro wrestlin is fake!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing