FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Congrats to KB

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:52 am

Congrats to KB

He looks awfully dangerous right now. Focused, intense, but also grounded. That could be bad news for everyone else and the folks who hate him.

That being said, I'm gutted for Truex Jr. I was at the Atlanta race that he had won before McMurray blew a right front tire, he should have won Kansas last April as well, and now tonight. Maybe this is his last heartbreak before bringing things full circle and winning next Sunday like he should have last year.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:12 am

Re: Congrats to KB

Most of you know I'm a 14/18/2 kinda girl. Wahoozey Kyle. Dare I hope that this is the year??
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:40 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Most of you know I'm a 14/18/2 kinda girl. Wahoozey Kyle. Dare I hope that this is the year??

You know me doc, I heart me some Kyle too! So nice to see part of the old Kyle back. I say part of cause he seems to have the fire and passion back but also there's a maturity about him now. He was positively giddy last night in victory lane. A much better celebration than his last win.

I find it amazing that at 27, he has 26 Cup wins. I believe he'll be breaking some records :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:08 am

yES CONGRATULATIONS TO kyle great job
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 am

I'm not a Kyle fan at all, but what is getting kinda scary for me is that he seems more polished & level headed. (I don't listen to his radio so I don't know if he has changed at all there) I always said his worst enemy for a championship was himself. He might be figuring out that last hurdle. Now can he carry this attitude into the chase?
ImageImageImage
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 am

I would say that 99% of this is because of Gibbs. He flat out told the man, and I believe his entire crew, that their previous sub-par performances could be directly attributed to how they were "living." If I'm not mistaken, it was right around that time that Kyle became a Christian.
Never was a Redskins fan, but I've always liked Joe Gibbs. Just a class act.
Now that Kyle is married, and has at least a little spirituality about him, it's only natural to see this type of progression in behavior and attitude. He is definitely going to be dangerous for a while to come.
It's still funny to me to see him bow after a race, because let's face it...that's for the haters. :twisted:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:35 pm

It's still funny to me to see him bow after a race, because let's face it...that's for the haters. :twisted:[/quote]

Haters keep on hating....Go Kyle Go
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:20 pm

onerockindoc wrote:It's still funny to me to see him bow after a race, because let's face it...that's for the haters. :twisted:

Haters keep on hating....Go Kyle Go[/quote]

Amen doc!

I personally don't think it has anything to do with religion. You either believe or you don't and you can't make somebody follow your path.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:30 pm

Let's just say KB has found something. Whatever it is sure is working for him.

I heard on the radio yesterday that Truex Jr has been seeing a sports psychologist. His struggling has reached that level where he can no longer go it alone. We all know Denny has availed himself of the same in the past. Maybe Kyle could share the secret to his success.
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:58 pm

I kinda feel that some of Kyle's change is his wife, Samantha.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:01 pm

kim92164 wrote:I kinda feel that some of Kyle's change is his wife, Samantha.

I think it is a mixture of this as well sprinkle in his suspension from wrecking Hornaday & simply growing up.
Personally waiting for him to unhinge, & when he doesn't have the best car in the field go back to his old self & overdrive the car & slap a wall ruining his day, because if he stays the way he is right now. it could be a long season for us none kyle fans.
He is becoming more like JJ & others when he talks about sponsors & such, & he credits his team more nowadays & I truly believe he is appreciating his team now as well, which can also help keep him from going overboard. Still don't know if he berates them over the radio like he used too when he doesn't have the best car, but do believe he knows how lucky he is to have such a strong & good group he calls his team.
Many Kyle fans became Kyle fans because of his explosions & acting out. Don't know how some of those fans will act from this seemingly new Kyle. many said they hoped he would never act the way he is acting now, but I assume for most of those fans winning cures all. Sure they don't mind right now or even admit they ever said such things. All I can hope for is he returns to the way the kyle fans wanted originally. otherwise his future may end up with some championships.

Com'on Kyle fans stand & demand the old Kyle. Tell him don't conform to Nascar & the all mighty sponsors! Resist for your fans!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Return to being your own worst enemy :twisted:

I kid because I care :P
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:32 am

Read a story this week giving Norm Miller of Interstate Batteries a bit of credit. That doesn't surprise me, it was Norm who put his logo on the 18 car the last two races of 2011 even though they had finished up their contracted races, presumably keeping Kyle in the seat. Aric Almirola was supposedly all set to take over. A man can do a lot worse than Joe Gibbs and Norm Miller for mentors. And they've been there since 2008, but maybe he is finally listening.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:56 am

onerockindoc wrote:It's still funny to me to see him bow after a race, because let's face it...that's for the haters. :twisted:

Haters keep on hating....Go Kyle Go[/quote]

Doc, Kyle gave the reason how the bowing started. In the school he went to in Vegas the kids did it because the performers in the shows did it as a "thank you" to the audiance." Perhaps Kyle added his own reason for bowing. I think it's a clever idea..........
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing