Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Terrible story

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm

http://racing.ap.org/article/medical-ex ... ascar-race

Re: Terrible story

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:33 pm

Apparently the tracks don't screen for guns.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:46 pm

To think that someone would take their own life while everyone else around you is enjoying themselves is truly sad. I'm not sure how most cursory screenings would have ferreted out a gun.

Now....the second thought I had while reading this article earlier was.....maybe a JR fan? Jeff Gordon fan?? Happened late in the race

Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 pm

The race was so boring,i'm surprised more people didn't shoot themselves!

Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:53 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Apparently the tracks don't screen for guns.

It was in the infield where people drive in. Don't think tracks are gonna tear apart every vehicle that comes in to look for illegal stuff or guns.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:10 am

After this, they may start screening.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:26 am

In Charlotte they screen some what by going through purses, backpacks, coats, jackets, coolers, any thing where a weapon could be hidden.... Plus you have to take out and show cell phones, and any electronics. Don't know about infield camping.....

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:45 am

They only search you when you enter to go inside the track.They only search coolers and Bags.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:01 pm

This could make some tracks rethink infield camping. It would me. The drivers have enough to think about, they certainly don't need a #### off fan pulling a gun on them just because they didn't win or because they aren't a fan of the one who did win.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:45 pm

This was a terrible story and also scary. There are children in the camping area and just the idea that a gun may be around is one more thing a parent has to worry about. It's a sad world to be afraid to enjoy what we want to do outside of our homes. But then we have home invastion so where are we safe?

Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:58 pm

ndunn wrote:This was a terrible story and also scary. There are children in the camping area and just the idea that a gun may be around is one more thing a parent has to worry about. It's a sad world to be afraid to enjoy what we want to do outside of our homes. But then we have home invastion so where are we safe?

Exactly! Obviously this man was unstable and shouldn't have had a gun,this i support new gun laws.The average stable,law abiding citizen is another story and wouldn't be waving a gun around to start with.

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:06 pm

gun laws wont protect you from stupid people or pyschos. Neither, either know or abide such laws.

Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:gun laws wont protect you from stupid people or pyschos. Neither, either know or abide such laws.

No but it will help some if someone isn't mentally stable, as of now they can purchase a gun and most wouldn't know the differance. Still believe old school-guns are outlawed than only outlaws will have guns.
Post a reply