FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Points and Penalitys for the 2....22....56

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:02 am

Points and Penalitys for the 2....22....56

Truex, Jr's car too low: NASCAR determined that second place finisher #56-Martin Truex, Jr's car was "too low in the front" in postrace incpection. NASCAR will examine it further and address any possible penalties early in the week.(4-14-2013)

NASCAR takes parts from both Penske cars UPDATE: Sprint Cup champion #2-Brad Keselowski, teammate #22-Joey Logano and their Penske Racing teams face potential penalties as NASCAR confiscated rear-end housing parts and pieces from their cars during prerace inspection Saturday at Texas Motor Speedways. The teams frantically worked to replace the pieces an hour prior to the scheduled start of the NRA 500. "We're taking (rear-end) housing and some other things. & It's a group of pieces that surrounds the rear suspension area," NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said. "It's just something that is not in the spirit of the rules." Pemberton said the sanctioning body would not eject the crew chiefs from the speedways and the drivers would keep their starting positions for the race Saturday night. Any penalties could be announced as early as Monday, although NASCAR typically waits until Tuesday to announce penalties. Possible penalties typically could include points penalties, fines and crew suspensions. (Sporting News)(4-13-2013)

It's not nice to try and "fool" MOTHER NASCAR........... :) :)
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:09 am

Re: Points and Penalitys for the 2....22....56

Poor MTX. Hate that for him.

I was listening to a lot of commentary on Sirius on my way back to our hotel after the race. I think the 2 and 22 are in BIG trouble.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:16 am

Brad Keselowski blasts NASCAR officials over violation, says his Penske Racing team being targeted

PUBLISHED 44 minutes and 36 seconds ago LAST UPDATED 27 minutes and 36 seconds ago
Bob Pockrass Sporting News Follow on Twitter Archive Email RSS
View Comments
Join the conversation Text size A A A
FORT WORTH, Texas — An irate Brad Keselowski said his team is being targeted by NASCAR officials after his Penske Racing team had parts on its car confiscated prior to Saturday’s race at Texas Motor Speedway.

Keselowski, the defending Sprint Cup champion, said the public has no idea the scrutiny his team has been put under from the sanctioning body in the last week.

Brad Keselowski is furious that parts on his car were confiscated by NASCAR officials. (AP Photo)
Keselowski, speaking after the Sprint Cup race on Saturday night, was angry over the Penske teams being forced to change the rear end housing in its car as well as other pieces just prior to the NRA 500. Teammate Joey Logano had trouble getting through prerace inspection and had to start at the rear of the field before rallying to finish fifth.

MORE: Penske teams nabbed in prerace | Busch wins

NASCAR confiscated the pieces and any penalties likely will be determined by Wednesday.

“I don’t have a lot of good things to say right now,” Keselowski said following his ninth-place finish. “I take that back. I have one good thing to say and that was my team and the effort they put in today in fighting back with the absolute bull (expletive) that’s been the last seven days in this garage area.

“The things that I’ve seen over the last seven days have me questioning everything I believe in and I’m not happy about it. I don’t have anything positive to say.”

The defending Cup champion was penalized a week earlier at Martinsville Speedway for pitting outside his pit stall, a ruling his team disputed to no avail.

Keselowski, one of NASCAR’s most outspoken drivers, indicated that there are other things the public doesn’t know about concerning the treatment of his No. 2 team.

“There’s so much stuff going on, you guys have no idea — you have no (expletive) idea what’s going on,” Keselowski said. “I can tell you there is no team in this garage with the integrity of the 2 team.

“The way we’ve been treated over the last seven days is absolute shameful. I feel like we’ve been targeted over the last seven days more than I’ve ever seen a team targeted in my life. My guys keep their heads on straight and they showcased why they’re a winning team and a championship team.”

Keselowski, who already has had a private meeting with NASCAR Chairman Brian France this year for critical comments he made about the business model of the sport, said he could make a list “two pages long” of things he feels have been unfair.

“We’re not going to take it,” Keselowski said. “We’re not going to be treated this way.”

Penske two teams could face major penalties if NASCAR determines that it had illegal parts on its cars.

NASCAR has not given any indication of the penalties, but crew chief suspensions are possible.

“I’m very worried about losing my crew chief Paul Wolfe,” Keselowski said. “But I can tell you what, I’ve got one of the best car owners in the garage.

“I’m going to be the first one at his desk to tell him if anything happens like that, we’ll both be in a meeting with everybody and anybody that will listen.”

Team owner Roger Penske said he had talked with Keselowski earlier in the night and didn’t get the feeling that Keselowski was so upset. Penske said Logano’s fifth-place finish and Keselowski’s ninth with cars that were legal shows that the team wasn’t using illegal cars to run well.

“NASCAR has a job to do,” Penske said. “We’re competitors. Obviously we’re trying to get an edge on the competition, so our guys are thinking and working hard.

“(NASCAR) didn’t like what they saw in inspection. They made us take it out. You saw how well we ran without it.”

NASCAR Vice President of Competition Robin Pemberton said the teams’ rear end housing and pieces were not in the spirit of the rules.

“Whatever NASCAR does we have to do deal with it and move on,” Penske said. “Our guys are innovative. We’re looking at the rules, looking for areas that we can maybe get an edge on like everybody else is.

“I don’t think there is anything we did wrong.”

NASCAR officials had no immediate reaction to Keselowski's postrace comments.

« OLDER
Kyle Busch outruns Martin Truex Jr. to win Sprint Cup race at Texas
NEWER »
Kyle Busch gets NASCAR weekend sweep at Texas

Share Your Comment

RECOMMENDED
NASCAR HEADLINES
Brad Keselowski, Joey Logano, Penske teams face potential penalties after parts taken at Texas Jeff Gordon's wish: I want to be Shaun White Breaking down starting lineup at Texas Motor Speedway Danica Patrick sporting new cowboy garb at Texas, ready to build on momentum Brian Vickers hopes filling in for Denny Hamlin will lead to full-time Cup ride
Sports Illustrated
Popular
Friends
Huffpost
Hamilton comes away with pole for Chinese GP
Kyle Busch wins sixth Nationwide race at Texas
Brothers Busch take top two places at NRA 500
NASCAR may look at sponsorships after NRA flap
Senator wants Fox TV blackout of Texas NRA 500
Ganassi signs Briscoe to drive Indianapolis 500
President Obama to honor champion Keselowski
Massa's return to F1 forms a dilemma for Ferrari
Red Bull's F1 Vettel-Webber dispute intensifies
IndyCar returns to Pocono for 1st time since '89
SPORTING NEWS COVERS ARCHIVE
NFL | MLB | NBA | NHL | NCAAF | NCAAB | NASCAR

NASCAR's Joey Logano Kyle Busch and Denny Hamlin
Yearbook - January 15 2011
Buy the Cover Reprint Now!
FANATICS SHOP
COLLEGE | NFL | MLB | NBA | NHL | MORE
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Yard Spinner
$22.95
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:52 am

as i told ya earlier doc, the irony in it all, he brought attention to the way HMS back ends were bein "manipulated." nascar made them stop, now he got busted for something and doesnt feel it is right, maybe if he kept a hush lip once in awhile, attention would be focused on his team.
<<

HTower

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:11 am

He won the Sprint Cup last year, if NASCAR was unfairly targeting him, they'd have prevented that surely, right? I get that teams play around with the cars, trying to get every advantage they can, but sometimes you end up outside NASCAR rules. I can only imagine how big the rule book has gotten, and it would be easy to end up afoul of the rules.
<<

TishR

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:15 am

Totally agree with MJ. Maybe Brad should follow the rule of engaging his brain before putting mouth in gear.
Tish
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:54 am

Ok in Brad's defense he had just gotten out of the car. Foolish? Yes. Where is that PR person when you need them?

Did Chad hold some kind of training session over at Penske?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 am

i dont fault a driver for speakin his mind, as much as i dissagreed with tony at cali, i am for all drivers speakin their mind even if it comes off harsh, i brought up last summer as an example,

how dare you bring precious chad into this
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:36 am

Precious? I'll bet that's a term not used to describe Chad since he was a baby. Oh Mrs Knaus, he's just precious!

In the South when we say precious or bless your heart it's like rolling your eyes and saying are you kidding me??
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:47 am

your askin for it doc!
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:59 am

Lol Doc. I can attest, living in the south, "bless your heart" means, "you stupid idiot." :D

Here's one more article on Brad.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2013/04/14/brad-keselowski-nra-500-penske-penalties/2081187/
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:35 pm

I just had to laugh at how ticked off Brad was. Scrutiny and success go hand in hand, deserved or not, that's the way of NASCAR. The boy needs to grow up a little. How funny that he was so indignant about it yet he had no problem throwing HMS under the bus last year. I'd like to ask him how it feels when people are just looking for something to call you out on. I'm seeing a little smudge on Brad's precious squeaky clean Penske teams. I don't have a problem with teams pushing the envelope, personally I think that's part of their job.

Rather immature of him to think Penske deserves to be treated any better than anyone else. I like Brad but man up and take your lumps like everyone else...

Might be good for the team in the long run as you know when Brad gets the chip on his shoulder he's hard to beat...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm

Last edited by ndunn on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:18 pm

Kyle Busch Won both NW and Cup,i say they were cheating! :lol:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:21 pm

Nascar itself is a freakin joke anyways,it's all corperate run and organized,i could care less about all the rest,all i want to see is a good race and even that is rare now! :evil: :evil:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing