FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So if Chip sells his team to Menard

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm

So if Chip sells his team to Menard

I wonder if that is the beginning of the end of JPM in Cup as well? What a shake up that would be.
JPM leaves I would assume his son would leave RCR to race for his Dad (who sponsors him) Which would probably send Kurt to RCR. The dominoes would start flying if this rumor becomes true.
ImageImageImage
<<

classic_chevy

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm

Re: So if Chip sells his team to Menard

Goodbye JPM
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:31 pm

I missed on on that... When did that come to light?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:32 pm

classic_chevy wrote:Goodbye JPM

That would be a good day for NASCAR as far as I'm concerned? What the heck has he done to earn a solid sponsor in all this time?
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Rochelle wrote:I missed on on that... When did that come to light?

For one, Jayski's had this story:

"Chip Ganassi selling to John Menard? One of the hottest stories in the garage Thursday was intense speculation that veteran team owner Chip Ganassi may be considering selling his two-team NASCAR operation to John Menard. Menard, who owns the Midwestern home improvement chain Menards, is a long-time racer, and he is currently sponsoring his son Paul's NASCAR team, part of the Richard Childress organization. Ganassi and Childress are both Chevy men. Childress supplied Ganassi's two teams (with #1-Jamie McMurray and #42-Juan Pablo Montoya) with engines until this season, when Ganassi switched to Hendrick motors. Of the sport's top eight team owners, Ganassi this season ranks seventh in finishes. Of particular disappointment is Montoya, who is averaging a 27th place finish; Montoya's last top-10 was at Michigan last June, and his last tour win was at Watkins Glen in the summer of 2010. McMurray's seventh at Martinsville last weekend was his best finish in over a year.(MikeMulhern.net)(4-12-2013)"
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:02 pm

Did any one say why Chip would want to sell his team to Menard ...what about Andretti? He wants to start a cup team. Didn't see this coming, hmmmmm..... :roll: That's probably why JPM has picked up his pace...........interesting, very interesting!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing