Races, tracks, drivers and all the drama that comes along with it
Post a reply

Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:24 pm

is in the top ten in points without Kurt Busch.
The 78 team, who I think is a stronger team, outside the top ten with Kurt.

Hmmm.....

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:45 pm

14 points isnt that bad considering his start, 2 top 5's back to back.

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm

michaeljohn wrote:14 points isnt that bad considering his start, 2 top 5's back to back.

Kurt & the 78 team are getting there just due with the media & the stooges. I just thought I point out what none of them are talking about.
Where was Kurt at this time last year for Phoenix? He threw that team under the bus last year for his driving faults. How many times would they have gotten a top ten if Kurt didnt over drive the car last year, then blamed the equipment after destroying a ton of their cars.

No one thinks of the dinger or Regan to be on Kurts level, & the 78 team is a better team than the 51, yet there they are ahead of the better driver & team. But the spotlight is on the 78. Imagine if the 51 team & the 11 team made the chase (in owner points)
Does that mean two teams can only go for Drivers championships & not the owners Championship or does that mean 14 teams would be going for the Owners Championship?

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:10 pm

dude i dont get caught up in all what the media says, i dont have problem with any of the drivers, i was just pointing out something i knew, i always give credit where its due, i know u have a hot nut for kurt and like to post his failings.....

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 pm

michaeljohn wrote:dude i dont get caught up in all what the media says, i dont have problem with any of the drivers, i was just pointing out something i knew, i always give credit where its due, i know u have a hot nut for kurt and like to post his failings.....

well I am glad you get caught up in what I say ;) :mrgreen:

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:13 pm

From what I understand, all cars are eligible for the owners championship and has nothing to do with the chase drivers. But, since the chase drivers tend to do well and those with the most points wins, the owners championship follows the drivers championship.

Race Hub made me crazy tonight with the "it's a team sport but not really a team sport" bs. It is a team sport but the drivers championship is the big prize.

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm more concerned about Ryan Newman right now than my other two favs #2 and #29,the #2 is in contention,the #29 is coming here next year,but #39 is the one i worry about.
Last year was just that far as #78 and #51,i also do believe the #78 is running better than last year as well.Just throwing that out there. ;) The #78 is RCR equiptment and isn't exactly the greatest as we all know anymore,Ganassi thought not.The #51 is HMS,but correct me if i'm wrong because i'm not sure if that is HMS equiptment on the #51 and two differant drivers?

Re: Phoenix racing

Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Rochelle wrote:From what I understand, all cars are eligible for the owners championship and has nothing to do with the chase drivers. But, since the chase drivers tend to do well and those with the most points wins, the owners championship follows the drivers championship.

Race Hub made me crazy tonight with the "it's a team sport but not really a team sport" bs. It is a team sport but the drivers championship is the big prize.

oh it is definitely a team sport. Take a great driver & put him in a underfunded team & it will be most evident.
Drivers are like QBs in football. Most of the time they get to much of the credit & too much of the blame, but they cant win without the rest of the team being top notch.

I agree with you Rochelle. They were driving me crazy with their silly talk. :) it wasnt even a good argument they were using.
Post a reply