FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SAFER BARRIERS.......FONTANA

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 am

SAFER BARRIERS.......FONTANA

I thought NASCAR mandated safer barriers on all portions of the NASCAR tracks were drivers might hit the wall. Denny is still not out of the hospital. After all the mess yesterday NASCAR needs to direct it's attention to getting these walls fixed.....or don't race there. I just hope his back is okay. logano's payback will come in time......I just wished Tony would have dumped him and this would have been a "never happened".

Found this on the Internet, kinda sums up the day!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:26 am

Re: SAFER BARRIERS.......FONTANA

I just hope that Tony was going after him for more than a block on a restart. That's racing.
What Joey said about Denny deserving what he got...well, no one should wish injury on another. Maybe he didn't know he was hurt? Not sure about that.
One thing is for sure, Joey isn't making many friends in his short career.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am

From what I know the safer barriers are only mandated on the exterior walls. The inside walls need to be mandated as safer walls also. You never know where a car is going to end up, especially at the higher speeds.

Joey is looking pretty stupid now after all the goofs have been giving him the "atta boy" all last week. I hope they all feel like the idiots they are after egging him on...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:40 pm

Rochelle wrote:From what I know the safer barriers are only mandated on the exterior walls. The inside walls need to be mandated as safer walls also. .

Yep, you're right on baby.

Here's a link to an article, that altho from 2008 - I like the way the article presents the whole thing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/ic ... id=3330662

Sears Point Raceway... ooppss... I mean Infineon Raceway ... has been dealing with safer barriers for years. It started with Indy & then included NASCAR ... but I can remember the track folks bandying the argument back & forth, back in '89 & '90 or so, I think.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.

Return to NASCAR & Racing