FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

update from Joe Gibbs racing

<<

tonysgirl14

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:45 am

Re: update from Joe Gibbs racing

HOPE Denny will be okay back injuries take a long time to get better wishing him well
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:47 am

There's a new thread on his condition...out for 6 weeks.

Just to clarify Thorman...it may have been me you quoted "That's just racing" from the other thread. This is not what I meant, in regards to Joey/Denny. I made that statement about Joey blocking Tony on the restart, not sliding (TURNING/DRIVING) up at 180+ on a curve. That is NOT racing imo, that is idiocy.
Can you bump someone out of the way and possibly spin them? Sure, but not at those speeds...not on this track. That IS the exact thing that ended Dale Sr.'s life. And truthfully, it is even a different scenario in regards to Dale, but with a bad result still the same.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Tweet from @bobpockrass - Amazing stat: JGR has never had a Cup driver miss a race in all of it's 21 seasons because of injury until now.

I seem to remember Tony starting a race several years ago but being pulled out of the car (broken collarbone?) after a short time and replaced by another driver. Guess that doesn't count.

EDIT: I found it, it was 2006: "He also suffered a shoulder injury due to two heavy crashes in both the Busch and Cup races at Charlotte during the Memorial Day Weekend races (Stewart's Busch car hit the Turn 4 wall so hard it even knocked the rear end off the car). During the Dover race, he was substituted by Ricky Rudd, and in later weeks had to drive in pain."
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

rckblykitn

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:52 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Tweet from @bobpockrass - Amazing stat: JGR has never had a Cup driver miss a race in all of it's 21 seasons because of injury until now.

I seem to remember Tony starting a race several years ago but being pulled out of the car (broken collarbone?) after a short time and replaced by another driver. Guess that doesn't count.

EDIT: I found it, it was 2006: "He also suffered a shoulder injury due to two heavy crashes in both the Busch and Cup races at Charlotte during the Memorial Day Weekend races (Stewart's Busch car hit the Turn 4 wall so hard it even knocked the rear end off the car). During the Dover race, he was substituted by Ricky Rudd, and in later weeks had to drive in pain."

I remember that one. he also got out of the car at, I think it was Charlotte? Maybe Daytona? Can't remember...a couple of years ago, when he was still with JGR, because he had the flu (ok so that's not "hurt" but still) and JJ Yeley drove the rest of the race for him. I remember JJ coming over the radio about 2 laps in saying something to the effect of "man i can see why he's sick, it's hot as ball$ in this car!"
"If it works for you, do it. If its how you feel, act it. Just be yourself, and if being yourself means being cocky once in a while, have at it." ~Tony Stewart
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:18 pm

John Andretti got in the car for him at Sears point too when he was sick
ImageImageImage
<<

tlooney14

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:22 pm

all i have to say is joey has made a lot of enemies on the track
what happens next is what he gets :twisted:
TLooney14
...settling for second, you might as well kiss your aunt with a hairy mustache. - Tony Stewart
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:14 pm

tlooney14 wrote:all i have to say is joey has made a lot of enemies on the track
what happens next is what he gets :twisted:

Just making a note in case Joey gets hurt... This statement was made before any wrecks occurred! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

duffygoofy

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:00 pm

Wish @dennyhamlin a speedy recovery. Hope he gets back to the track soon. And thanks to all of my fans for their support. #meansalot.

This was on twitter from Joey to Denny.
ImageImage
Previous

Return to NASCAR & Racing