FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:19 pm

Re: Denny fined.............25,000!!!!!

ha ha ha Black Flag... NICE! LOL

here's what gets me -

NASCAR determined that Hamlin violated Section 12-1 (actions detrimental to stock car racing) of the 2013 NASCAR Rule Book. NASCAR issued the following statement regarding the penalty: "Following the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series event last Sunday at Phoenix International Raceway, Denny Hamlin made some disparaging remarks about the on-track racing that had taken place that afternoon.

While NASCAR gives its competitors ample leeway in voicing their opinions when it comes to a wide range of aspects about the sport, the sanctioning body will not tolerate publicly made comments by its drivers that denigrate the racing product."(NASCAR)
----------------------------

1) Did his comment fit the meaning of "detrimental"?

World English Dictionary
detrimental
— adj - harmful; injurious; prejudicial:

2) Can somebody from NASCAR please define "ample leeway" so the drivers will know where the "dead line" is?

Denigrate -
1) to attack the reputation of : defame
2) to deny the importance or validity of : belittle

I personally did not see in Denny's words, anything that "denigrated" the sport.

I hope Denny has some smart lawyers who will shred this fine into the bird cage bottom filler that it is. LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:49 pm

Well shouldn't NASCAR then fine themselves for actions detrimental to stock car racing for overreacting to Denny's comments? It wasn't even criticism for crying out loud. To me he was just saying it needs some work. Every time I see something on this I get severely ticked off all over again. I need to stay out of these threads... :twisted:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:07 pm

Rochelle wrote:Well shouldn't NASCAR then fine themselves for actions detrimental to stock car racing for overreacting to Denny's comments? It wasn't even criticism for crying out loud. To me he was just saying it needs some work. Every time I see something on this I get severely ticked off all over again. I need to stay out of these threads... :twisted:

Wow I agree. Doesn't nascar (lower case on purpose) have anything better to do? They must pay some dude big bucks just to listen to the news reports so they can stick it to the drivers. Do they realize if there weren't any drivers there wouldn't be nascar? Brian France might have to find a job to beable to live the life he is used to. Why do I bother to care? In the end one can't beat city hall or the big bad nascar.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:31 pm

It's all subjective. It's like asking 10 people. "what is art?"
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Danica didn't start on the pole or finish the race last week,what else is Nascar gonna do to attract attention to itself? :lol:
I'm not a Denny fan,but i will say he's entitled to his opinions and i can't talk for any driver,but i will say the racing is still pretty much the same-BORING!!!
Drama doesn't substitute good racing and that's about all Nascar does nowadays promote hype and drama over nothing! :evil:
To comment about anything else to this would include alot of cuss words,so i'll reframe from any further comments!!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:48 pm

wolfgang wrote:Danica didn't start on the pole or finish the race last week,what else is Nascar gonna do to attract attention to itself? :lol:
I'm not a Denny fan,but i will say he's entitled to his opinions and i can't talk for any driver,but i will say the racing is still pretty much the same-BORING!!!
Drama doesn't substitute good racing and that's about all Nascar does nowadays promote hype and drama over nothing! :evil:
To comment about anything else to this would include alot of cuss words,so i'll reframe from any further comments!!

smart move, or you might get fined!!! :mrgreen:

The media - Uh excuse me Mr. Hamlin can you get your check book out, I would like to ask you a question.
ImageImageImage
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:20 am

Definition:
Post race comments -
The requirement to mention the most sponsors in a 60 second interview while attempting to also mention the race itself.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:00 am

I don't feel sorry for him/them...it's what they get for not having a "drivers union"...every other sport has a union and this type of thing doesn't happen.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:07 am

more power to the man!!!!!!
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:15 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:I don't feel sorry for him/them...it's what they get for not having a "drivers union"...every other sport has a union and this type of thing doesn't happen.

I don't think that is all the drivers fault they don't mention union. I believe it was big Bill France that put a stop to that. Several were involved in this and they weren't allowed at the race track. If I'm wrong about this someone please post your knowledge here.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Drivers are not employees, I believe they're considered independent contractors. Please don't start the union stuff, that's almost as bad as politics.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:55 pm

Rochelle wrote:Drivers are not employees, I believe they're considered independent contractors. Please don't start the union stuff, that's almost as bad as politics.

listen here............................
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

thorman52

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:32 pm

ndunn : It's been tried a couple of times led by the likes of Richard Petty and Dale Sr. Legally I'm not sure that they can't unionize like Formula One racers but it's unlikely since NASCAR has an open-door policy regarding grievences and other issues.

Anyone wanting more info try Googling "right to organize, NASCAR". Several articles to get more insight. Interesting stuff.

With that I'll let it be because I think Rochelle's staring at me with fiery eyes. :evil:
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:43 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:I don't feel sorry for him/them...it's what they get for not having a "drivers union"...every other sport has a union and this type of thing doesn't happen.

Rulezy .... you're forgetting one small factlet....

Unions come from the North ....

The South don't much care for them union things... cuz a country boy can survive ;-)

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:35 pm

PEEK JUST FOUND OUT!!!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing