FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

California Restarts

<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:07 pm

California Restarts

Jimmie Johnson made it clear he wasn't happy with Carl Edwards final restart at the "Subway 500" just wondered how other people felt about it?
Kyle Petty says it isn't even an issue,well Kyle i disagree as i've seen drivers in all three divisions penalized for this before! What i don't like about it is it bunches up the field and it's basicly a chicken chit move in my opinion! Brad Keselowski stated he pushed Carl on the final restart,much as i am a #2 fan,he's full of chit,he got into him when Carl brake checked.
Outside that,i thought the final laps were good bettween #2,#11 and #48.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Re: California Restarts

as long as the leader keeps the same pace, he can start whenever he wants, but to back it down, it a b.s. way to start, i thought for sure there would be a thread about JJ complaining and 99% of this site going because he said something, the same 99% that ragged on carl for richmond..... :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:33 pm

I have to wonder....

Did Carl mess it up by accident? Or did he "bunt" ? LOL
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:50 pm

You rarely see a restart waived off. That to me is an issue. You would think that the other car in the front row would jump the car in 1st at least once in a while, or the 1st place car would start before the "go" area.
I think it would serve Nascar well to put a speed check at the beginning of the go area to ensure that the car in 1st isn't jumping the gun. The flag should be waiving as soon as they enter it as long as the field looks good, and if drivers know this, it should help 1 and 2 to restart together. This would cut down on most of the gamesmanship being played on restarts imo. But there just HAS to be a restart every now and then, because they're not all perfect.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:50 pm

I havent seen the article where he complained. So I dont know what he is complaining about.
If it is he went before he is suppose too, that is a bit harder to police, since the leader can start at whatever speed he wants. Basically it would only be evident he took off to early if he brought them down to a crawl then took off.

Now brake checking is another thing altogether. I think that should be discouraged anytime it is done. It wrecks the cars further back in the field when people do that. Warnings/restarts & even penalties should be given for brake checking.

I remember in one of my races in wenathchee, the leader kept doing that on restarts & our car was in the back of the field in a single line restarts. It caused more wrecks & cautions over & over again. I was warning my driver on the radio they were brake checking to stay on his toes, but if you dont go when the green comes out you are practically lapped on a 1/4 mile track, so he had no choice but to take his chances. it got to the point a couple of spotters in our spotters stand almost got in a fight over the leader pulling that chicken $hit crap.
So yeah if that is what Carl was doing then I agree with JJ. If it was just leaving early, well then they have been racing each other long enough to be expecting that & knows Nascar hardly enforces that one. (Although they busted Carl for it last year)
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:08 pm

Jimmie accused Carl of not staying pace but backing off the throttle on the final restart-[Ca.restart] .Later on the show Victory Lane,Kyle Petty had brought up his point of view over Jimmies' comments and did not agree with JJ- as if that was any surprise there. :shock:
Would the fact SubWay sponsored the race have anything to do with the #99,i wonder? ;) :lol:
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:16 pm

I think Carl has a reputation for doing this......so the other drivers need to step it up and be ready. I am surprised that Chad didn't remind JJ about that......I realize it has been quite awhile since Carl has even seen the front, let alone lead a lap or restart. It stacked up the other cars.....too!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

dirt93

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Don't you all mean Phoenix?
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:02 pm

dirt93 wrote:Don't you all mean Phoenix?

Yes

Return to NASCAR & Racing