FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ALL STAR Format has changed........

<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5135

4372

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:22 am

ALL STAR Format has changed........

All-Star Format to be announced on SPEED tonight UPDATE: the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race ........
FORMAT CHANGE the format for the 2013 Sprint All-Star race has changed a bit. There will be four 20 lap segments followed by a final 10 lap segment for a total of 90 laps. Teams will have one mandatory 4-tire pit stop between segment 4 and 5. The final segment lineup is based on average finish in first four segments. The winner earns $1 million AND if a driver wins ALL five segments, that driver will win an additional $1 million.(SPEED's NASCAR Racehub)(2-26-2013)


This is my favorite race to see at the Track.......Bruton Smith goes all out on the entertainment and the drivers do the rest. :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

smoke14rulez

User avatar

Posts: 1052

Images: 1
4155

Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:22 am

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:40 am

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

...well, it'll keep people from winning a segment and hangin' back the rest of the way.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4149

935

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:38 am

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

I like the move. it will make everyone try & stay up front or even just gain one position might make a difference for the final segment. They should be racing throughout positions the whole way. (in theory)
I dont say this often............ Kudos to nascar on this one!
ImageImageImage
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 5135

4372

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:47 am

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

What was funny on RACEHUB last night is that they had Chad deliver the new format....Bruton Smith doesn't like it when you mess up his show.... :lol: :lol:


Update:

UPDATE: With a $1 million payday, the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway already offers the richest per-mile winner's purse in motorsports at more than $7,400 for each mile raced. But this year, the pot gets even sweeter with the introduction of Bruton's Big Bonus. When NASCAR's best take to the high banks of the legendary 1.5-mile superspeedway, drivers will have a million more reasons stay up front from the first green flag until the checkered falls. If one driver wins all four 20-lap segments and bests the field in the final 10-lap shootout, he will double his winnings and take home Bruton's Big Bonus of an additional $1 million.
The May 18 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race will consist of 90 total laps; four 20-lap segments followed by a mandatory four-tire pit stop and a 10-lap sprint to the big-money finish.
Drivers currently eligible for the 2013 NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race are Marcos Ambrose, Greg Biffle, Clint Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Kyle Busch, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Carl Edwards, Jeff Gordon, Denny Hamlin, Kevin Harvick, Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, Matt Kenseth, Keselowski, Joey Logano, Mark Martin, Ryan Newman and Tony Stewart. In addition, the top two finishers from the Sprint Showdown and the Sprint Fan Vote winner will be added to the field, plus any additional drivers who wins a Sprint Cup Series race prior to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race.
Tickets to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and all the May race events at Charlotte Motor Speedway are available through the Charlotte Motor Speedway ticket office or online at www.charlottemotorspeedway.com. All-Star weekend packages start at just $99, including tickets to NASCAR Sprint All-Star Qualifying, the N.C. Education Lottery 200, Sprint Showdown and the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race plus scanner rental. For even more great ticket offers, call 1-800-455-FANS (3267) or visit charlottemotorspeedway.com.(CMS)(2-27-2013)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

BlackFlag

User avatar

Posts: 524

4801

Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Location: Concord, N.C.

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

We used to love the All-Star race back when it was called The Winston. Back then you got three races: the ARCA race, the Winston Open, then the Winston itself and all three races were always exciting, even the ARCA. For a couple of years, the Sportsman races were always an added wreck-fest (until they wisely ended that division).
I don't even go any more because it's only two races and both of them just aren't very exciting to me anymore.
I wish it was like the old days.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

HTower

User avatar

Posts: 913

185

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Location: Chicagoland Speedway

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:36 pm

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

Annalee wrote:All-Star Format to be announced on SPEED tonight UPDATE: the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race ........
FORMAT CHANGE the format for the 2013 Sprint All-Star race has changed a bit. There will be four 20 lap segments followed by a final 10 lap segment for a total of 90 laps. Teams will have one mandatory 4-tire pit stop between segment 4 and 5. The final segment lineup is based on average finish in first four segments. The winner earns $1 million AND if a driver wins ALL five segments, that driver will win an additional $1 million.(SPEED's NASCAR Racehub)(2-26-2013)


This is my favorite race to see at the Track.......Bruton Smith goes all out on the entertainment and the drivers do the rest. :)


I love the averaging of the segment finishes for the last segment lineup, that should keep winners from camping out in back until the very end. I'm a little sad that pit stop speed won't be a factor though.

I can't really see anyone winning the bonus for leading all 5 segments, that's a very tough goal to set for yourself to be leading the whole way through.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 4149

935

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:44 pm

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

HTower wrote:
Annalee wrote:All-Star Format to be announced on SPEED tonight UPDATE: the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race ........
FORMAT CHANGE the format for the 2013 Sprint All-Star race has changed a bit. There will be four 20 lap segments followed by a final 10 lap segment for a total of 90 laps. Teams will have one mandatory 4-tire pit stop between segment 4 and 5. The final segment lineup is based on average finish in first four segments. The winner earns $1 million AND if a driver wins ALL five segments, that driver will win an additional $1 million.(SPEED's NASCAR Racehub)(2-26-2013)


This is my favorite race to see at the Track.......Bruton Smith goes all out on the entertainment and the drivers do the rest. :)


I love the averaging of the segment finishes for the last segment lineup, that should keep winners from camping out in back until the very end. I'm a little sad that pit stop speed won't be a factor though.

I can't really see anyone winning the bonus for leading all 5 segments, that's a very tough goal to set for yourself to be leading the whole way through.

the pitstops will matter though. they will take the average at the end of the 4th segment, then they after they are in the proper line up, they will have to all pit for 4 tires & how they come out of the pits is how they will line up for the final segment. So the pit crews are still involved.
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

User avatar

Posts: 913

185

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Location: Chicagoland Speedway

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

Schmoopy1000 wrote:the pitstops will matter though. they will take the average at the end of the 4th segment, then they after they are in the proper line up, they will have to all pit for 4 tires & how they come out of the pits is how they will line up for the final segment. So the pit crews are still involved.



Ahh! I missed that part, I read it differently, that they would pit, and THEN line up. I like your way much better
<<

Rochelle

User avatar

Posts: 2235

Images: 1
4988

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:20 pm

Re: ALL STAR Format has changed........

hahaha, what was funny was the fact they had Chad on there commenting and asking questions. If you remember last years race, JJ and a few others hung out at the back to stay out of trouble. If they want a shot at 2 mil, they need to race every lap and not just hang out till the end. Steve and Robin kept looking over at Chad. Of course, Chad had a big smile on his face.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to NASCAR & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER