FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Richard Petty.....A Racer's Life

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Richard Petty.....A Racer's Life

FYI:::::Speed channel has a documentary on Richard Petty.....it is really well done. If you get a chance to see it, I think you will enjoy it......it will be on again..... March 1 at 11:00pm on Speed.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Re: Richard Petty.....A Racer's Life

Enjoyed it. It was the first time I remember hearing that the Pettys were involved in moonshine. Don't know why it surprised me.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 pm

..... 8-) Image..... 8-)

I still say David Pearson is the all time best........
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:35 am

great story a real special guy
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:55 am

NascarNanaOK wrote:Enjoyed it. It was the first time I remember hearing that the Pettys were involved in moonshine. Don't know why it surprised me.

Not sure how historically accurate it was but in the '70s film 43: The Richard Petty Story (with The King himself in the titular role) it is portrayed as a chance meeting with Curtis Turner getting them into 'shine.

I thoroughly enjoyed this special. We all know his racing history but this was at least for me a look at certain things that I might have had minimal knowledge of through Richard's eyes. The drag racing tragedy being one example, that was the first time I'd heard him talk about it. I also loved the perspective the daughters gave on the kind of man and father Richard was and remains.

MW this special was so well done that even a David Pearson fan would love it. Give it a viewing. ;)
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:47 am

Smoke14TS wrote:
NascarNanaOK wrote:Enjoyed it. It was the first time I remember hearing that the Pettys were involved in moonshine. Don't know why it surprised me.

Not sure how historically accurate it was but in the '70s film 43: The Richard Petty Story (with The King himself in the titular role) it is portrayed as a chance meeting with Curtis Turner getting them into 'shine.

I thoroughly enjoyed this special. We all know his racing history but this was at least for me a look at certain things that I might have had minimal knowledge of through Richard's eyes. The drag racing tragedy being one example, that was the first time I'd heard him talk about it. I also loved the perspective the daughters gave on the kind of man and father Richard was and remains.

MW this special was so well done that even a David Pearson fan would love it. Give it a viewing. ;)

I'll try....thank God for DVR, I work the overnite now and it's tough to keep up with alot of what I'd like to. My picture wasn't a slight on King Richard......He's the KING and that's how it will ALWAYS be......I just think that if David Pearson would've run as many races as RP....he'd have alot more Championships. He only ran a full season 5 times and won 3 Championships..just an observation..
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:21 pm

I've never seen the Richard Petty story but I did see an interview his wife did several years ago and she was quite candid. She didn't candy coat what she had to say. It wasn't tearing Richard apart but I believe she told it like it was to her. I have a feeling the older drivers families put up with a lot of lonley times and didn't see much of their fathers.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to NASCAR & Racing