FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

So who else is going to the Daynica 500 ??

<<

BlackFlag

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:07 pm

So who else is going to the Daynica 500 ??

Anybody else headed to Daytona this week? I'm leaving on Friday from Concord, NC to hit I-95 down to JaCksonville. I'll meet my sister there and we'll commute daily to the track. Just going to the Nationwide race and the 500. I'm just praying for no rain outs this year.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Re: So who else is going to the Daynica 500 ??

Have a great time........just hopes it warms up a little! 8-)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

HTower

Post Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 am

that is the worst name ever for the race. If I thought an admin would appear, I'd report this thread for abusive language. Daynica 500. Ugh, where's the vomit smiley?
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:48 am

Have a great time wish I Could go but maybe next year will be going to POCONO ONES
<<

BlackFlag

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanks! I will.
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

TonyFan

Post Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:23 pm

I'll be going down from Jax Beach as well! Haven't missed a Daytona race for 10 years! Been dying to see Tony take a 500 and I think he's got a great car to run it this year! Let me know if you need a great place to park for cheap. I used to go to school down there in the day and sorta learned my way around lol
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Hey Black flag, how was Daytona? Did you get to see the Nationwide Race?
<<

HTower

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:00 pm

Annalee wrote:Hey Black flag, how was Daytona? Did you get to see the Nationwide Race?

BlackFlag wrote:viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5085&start=30#p56938
I was at the race with my sister on Saturday and we were sitting in the first row behind the fence, between Turn 4 and the start/finish. The wreck started right in front of us, but all the mayhem was about 50 to 70 yards down the track.
We walked down there to see what we could see and finally got high enough to see the mess of mangled fencing. The engine and tire were still sitting on the ground right by the fence and another fan that had been sitting nearby when it happened pointed out the tire sitting on the seat about 9 rows up. He also said he saw some fans fainting after the accident. I don't know if some of those people were considered part of the injured crowd or not.
About 15 or 20 minutes after the wreck, all of the security people were yelling for everyone to leave and forcing everyone out of the seats to the track exits. They were even closing gates under the grandstand to keep the fans from backtracking.
I saw one fan being wheeled out on a strecher, but he didn't look too bad and was conscious.
That had to be the wildest finish to a race I've ever seen.
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:13 am

Sorry I didn't see where it had been posted......just happy he wasn't hurt. Although he could have met Tony, got an autograph and hat. Just kidding... ;)
<<

BlackFlag

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:19 pm

Annalee wrote:Hey Black flag, how was Daytona? Did you get to see the Nationwide Race?

Yea, the 500 was great! With the way the weather looked in Jacksonville and Daytona, I was hoping the race would get at least halfway before it rained. But luckily, I didn't feel one raindrop all day. When I saw the blimps show around lap 30, I knew we'd have have good weather as long as they were around.
The racing was pretty good, I just wish some cars had tried to pull out and pass with a couple of laps to go.
But I'm not complaining after last years rain-out.
The Nationwide race was really good. I knew Tony would pull it off somehow. That big wreck and the flying car was pretty wild.
There were a lot of empty seats at the Nationwide race. Anybody thinking about going next year---I'd just buy the cheapest ticket you can get and move around to whatever seat you want.
Overall I had a great time!

Return to NASCAR & Racing