FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Haas not happy with Crewchiefs at SHR

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Haas not happy with Crewchiefs at SHR

Team owner Gene Haas believes that his teams could benefit from restructuring. Despite both #41-Kurt Busch and #4-Kevin Harvick qualifying for Chase and posting four wins between them, he's not pleased with the results. "Kurt is a unique driver," Haas said. "He has a lot of passion for what he does. That kind of driver requires some special members to make it work and I don't feel we have the right combination. So we're looking at that and make some changes on that team to make it work better. We're really not happy. That team should have done better. Kevin Harvick's team should have done better, too. He's been fast all year long, seven or eight poles, leading a huge amount of laps, but we haven't won as many races as we should. So, I think there's a little bit of evaluation with all the teams, but that's pretty common."

(Motorsport)(10-21-2014)

I got this from another board I post at.
I think Haas is about to go all Jerry Jones on SHR. He is gonna start meddling with the teams like he knows how to run this organization & mess them all up. I think its funny he is upset with Kevin's CC.
Mad at good CC's & extends Gibson LOL. I hope he thinks Gibson is an awesome CC & puts him with "his" driver. I wonder if Tony even knows Haas's plans or thoughts?

Trouble in paradise?
ImageImageImage
<<

Tinker

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:09 pm

Re: Haas not happy with Crewchiefs at SHR

Gene doesn't like having his new driver being beat by Tony's new driver.
“Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid.” ~ John Wayne
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:30 pm

FRom the Charlotte Observer.....

Stewart-Haas Racing teammates Danica Patrick and Kurt Busch will swap teams and crew chiefs beginning with the Nov. 2 Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway, the Observer and ThatsRacin.com have learned.

An official announcement of the change could come as early as Wednesday, sources said.

SHR officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

On Saturday, Tony Gibson, who has served as the only crew chief Patrick has had as a fulltime Cup series driver, signed a contract extension with SHR but the organization would not specify what his role was to be in the future.

Beginning at Texas, crew chief Daniel Knost and the members of Busch's current No. 41 team will move over to Patrick's No. 10. Gibson, along with the members of Patrick's current No. 10 team, will move to Busch's No. 41 team.

Patrick failed to qualify for the Chase and is 27th in series points, one spot better than she was one year ago at this time. The former IndyCar Series driver has three top-10 finishes this season and finished a career-best sixth at Atlanta on Aug. 31.

Busch was one of 16 drivers to qualify for the Chase this season thanks to his victory in the spring at Martinsville, Va. He was among the first four drivers eliminated from title cotention after Round 1 of the Chase. He is currently 15th in the series standings.

Read more here: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/ ... rylink=cpy
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

norriski

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:45 pm

One thing Gene needs to remember is that Haas racing had really nothing to show for all the years they raced, until it became Stewart Haas Racing in 2009! Tony need to tell Gene to let Zippy, Matt and him do their jobs and he can go back to making money in the CNC shop... that said... at least someone is talking about some of the changes that do need to be made at SHR... the only Driver/CC that needs to be kept in place is Kevin and Rodney ... I couldn't possible care less as to what happens on the 10 (but those are my own issues) as for the 14 and 41 some changes are necessary... as well as a few on the 4, but they already did that by moving Tony's crew to the 4 for the chase and moving the 4's crew to Tony... SHR needs to shore up there pit crews Tony's (original crew, now on the 4) was is the best of the lot of them (and I hope they move back to Tony next year), but they need to do some heavy recruiting in that area and they do need to look at making some Crew Chief and maybe even Car Chief changes... especially on the 14 and I won't argue with Gene that they 41 could use some improvement as well.... where they find that personal is the question... I have my wish for at least Tony's CC but only time will tell what they are actually going to do... Gene's a wild card always has been, but Tony's a strong personality and he's what made that team a championship team, Gene knows that besides he's going to end up distracted soon if his dream of an F1 team comes to pass.
Karen N.
http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... ewart-fans
Yep if you saw that, it was mine.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:52 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:FRom the Charlotte Observer.....

Stewart-Haas Racing teammates Danica Patrick and Kurt Busch will swap teams and crew chiefs beginning with the Nov. 2 Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway, the Observer and ThatsRacin.com have learned.

An official announcement of the change could come as early as Wednesday, sources said.

SHR officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

On Saturday, Tony Gibson, who has served as the only crew chief Patrick has had as a fulltime Cup series driver, signed a contract extension with SHR but the organization would not specify what his role was to be in the future.

Beginning at Texas, crew chief Daniel Knost and the members of Busch's current No. 41 team will move over to Patrick's No. 10. Gibson, along with the members of Patrick's current No. 10 team, will move to Busch's No. 41 team.

Patrick failed to qualify for the Chase and is 27th in series points, one spot better than she was one year ago at this time. The former IndyCar Series driver has three top-10 finishes this season and finished a career-best sixth at Atlanta on Aug. 31.

Busch was one of 16 drivers to qualify for the Chase this season thanks to his victory in the spring at Martinsville, Va. He was among the first four drivers eliminated from title cotention after Round 1 of the Chase. He is currently 15th in the series standings.

Read more here: http://thatsracinluckydog.blogspot.com/ ... rylink=cpy

I am not a fan of Danica's but let me be one of the 1sts to say Congratulations Danica!

As far as Gibson being paired up with Kurt. All I have to say is.......

There is a god!!!!!!! Image
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:02 am

Amen Schmoop, my prayers have been answered...

Is there any bigger joke than that? I don't think so :twisted:

Gene needs to keep his head in the F1 stuff and leave the NASCAR stuff alone. After this change of course. :P The only good thing he did for Haas was giving half of it to Tony... 8-)
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:23 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Team owner Gene Haas believes that his teams could benefit from restructuring. Despite both #41-Kurt Busch and #4-Kevin Harvick qualifying for Chase and posting four wins between them, he's not pleased with the results. "Kurt is a unique driver," Haas said. "He has a lot of passion for what he does. That kind of driver requires some special members to make it work and I don't feel we have the right combination. So we're looking at that and make some changes on that team to make it work better. We're really not happy. That team should have done better. Kevin Harvick's team should have done better, too. He's been fast all year long, seven or eight poles, leading a huge amount of laps, but we haven't won as many races as we should. So, I think there's a little bit of evaluation with all the teams, but that's pretty common."

(Motorsport)(10-21-2014)

I got this from another board I post at.
I think Haas is about to go all Jerry Jones on SHR. He is gonna start meddling with the teams like he knows how to run this organization & mess them all up. I think its funny he is upset with Kevin's CC.
Mad at good CC's & extends Gibson LOL. I hope he thinks Gibson is an awesome CC & puts him with "his" driver. I wonder if Tony even knows Haas's plans or thoughts?

Trouble in paradise?

ROFL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Haas is an idiot.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:51 am

SCHMOOPY IS PSYCHIC...... Don't know anything about this writer but he like Schmoopy's idea ALOT .......OK Schmoopy what is in store for the rest of the teams.... :) :) :?:
Dean Mc Nulty..Toronto Sun
TORONTO - There has always been speculation about the relationship between Tony Stewart and Gene Haas — the two principals behind Stewart Haas Racing.When Stewart was brought into the partnership, it was assumed he would be the kingpin, the guy making race-related decisions, with Haas being the behind the scenes, corporate money guy.That order of things changed at the end of last season when Haas decided pretty much on his own to add a fourth car to the then three-car outfit with Kurt Busch — a controversial choice — as the driver. Stewart, after an uncomfortable delay, came out in support of the move, suggesting he was in on the plan from the start.

The truth, likely, is somewhere in the middle.

The move did appear to work, however, with Busch and the No. 41 Chevrolet team making this year’s Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship Challenger Round. Busch ended up as a first-round casualty and complained about the support he was getting — or wasn’t getting — from his pit crew.
Certainly crew chief Daniel Knost knew what he was getting in Busch, a temperamental but extremely talented race car driver.Now comes word that Haas, too, was not impressed by how the No. 41 team was handled this season.

In an interview with Motorsport.com NASCAR beat writer Lee Spencer, Haas has all but demanded that changes be made for the 2015 season. Those changes could go well beyond the No. 41 team and include Danica Patrick’s No. 10 Chevrolet team. Patrick has made steady, if not spectacular, progress this year under the tutelage of crew chief Tony Gibson and the betting is that Haas will want to move Gibson over to help Busch.“Kurt is a unique driver,” Haas said. “He has a lot of passion for what he does.“That kind of driver requires some special members to make it work and I don’t feel we have the right combination.“So we’re looking at that and make some changes on that team to make it work better.”

Haas was not the least bit wishy washy on what he feels about the situation on the No. 41 team, something that is sure to ruffle more than a few feathers in the SHR camp.“We’re really not happy,” Haas said. “That team should have done better.“Kevin Harvick’s team should have done better, too. He’s been fast all year long, seven or eight poles, leading a huge amount of laps, but we haven’t won as many races as we should.“So, I think there’s a little bit of evaluation with all the teams, but that’s pretty common.”It will be a wait and see situation over the next month or so to see what changes will be made and how the whole thing is handled by what to this point has been considered the one of the best run outfits in NASCAR.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:09 am

IT'S OFFICIAL....... AS OF NOVEMBER 2.... SWAP BEGINS!!!!!!

UPDATE 2: Stewart-Haas Racing teammates Danica Patrick and Kurt Busch will swap teams and crew chiefs beginning with the Nov. 2 Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. An official announcement of the change could come as early as Wednesday, sources said. SHR officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment. On Saturday, Tony Gibson, who has served as the only crew chief Patrick has had as a fulltime Cup series driver, signed a contract extension with SHR but the organization would not specify what his role was to be in the future. Beginning at Texas, crew chief Daniel Knost and the members of Busch's current #41 team will move over to Patrick's #10. Gibson, along with the members of Patrick's current #10 team, will move to Busch's #41 team.(Charlotte Observer)(10-22-2014)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

14Smokem

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:03 pm

As I sit here thinking about these developments.
I cannot imagine the possibility of Gene intervening in operations,
was not thought of by Tony's brain trust.

It would not surprise me to know there are contractual agreements
which would allow Stewart some kind of veto power, in the event
Haas attempted to do something which might damage the team.

Stewart might be able to remove himself, AND, his name from the operation,
with some type of serious remuneration for time spent.

Without Stewart, Haas has no Championship.
Without Stewart, Haas has no named Drivers.

Haas may be the deep pockets, but, talent and
dedication makes a team............ NOT Money.

If Haas looks in the rearview mirror, even momentarilly,
it becomes painfully obvious.

Just food for thought..... no knowledge of any of this,
simply something which smart businessmen would position
themselves with.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:13 pm

Like I said earlier, Kurt may eat Gibson alive. Setting back and waiting for the fireworks to begin. lol
<<

TishR

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Tis going to be interesting! Agree HH! Gene is an idiot!
Tish
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:38 pm

Schmoop, is this your best day EVER??
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

cant be much of an idiot, has a successful business and race teams
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:47 pm

The fox has arrived, chit is going to hit the fan!
One, two, three and one more Hendrick driver to go!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing