FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chase Elliott Will Replace Jeff Gordon at Hendrick Motorspor

<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:18 am

Chase Elliott Will Replace Jeff Gordon at Hendrick Motorspor

i predicted this back in 2011, the genius that i am, :D

Jeff Gordon is a four-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion. He is third on the all-time win list with 87 victories. He is a certain Hall of Famer. He is also human, and he will eventually have to give up his seat in the number 24 Chevrolet he has made famous.

Rick Hendrick, the owner of Hendrick Motorsports, is a very smart man. He had the foresight to hire a young Jeff Gordon. He then filled that team with Jimmie Johnson, Kasey Kahne, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. He also knows the end of Gordon's career is coming, and coming fast.

Chase Elliott is the son of a NASCAR legend. He, recently, became the youngest winner in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series history. This after already being the youngest pole winner in the series' history, and the youngest winner on a super speedway, that win coming in the ARCA series.

Yes, he is young. But you don't just get those firsts because of your age. A driver needs to be talented, which Chase obviously is.

It also takes good equipment to win in both ARCA and NASCAR. Chase has Hendrick Motorsports equipment. Many would argue there is no better equipment available in all of auto racing.

Chase has not only gotten his father's racing genes. He was voted the Most Popular Driver in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East. Bill Elliott was NASCAR's Most Popular Driver 16 times during his career.

Jeff Gordon is in his 21st year of Sprint Cup racing. His sponsor, Axalta, has signed on for three more years, with a commitment of at least 10 races in each of those years. The end of that sponsorship would put Gordon in his 24th year. The number he is most associated with.

It would certainly be quite a retirement tour if the driver of the number 24, called it a career in his 24th year. It could be even more exciting if he was relinquishing his seat to a young driver who could continue the legacy of the 24 car for many years to come.

That driver will be Chase Elliott. Three years is a perfect amount of time for him to be groomed for the ride. Depending on sponsorship, Elliott may spend a year in the Trucks, then move up to Nationwide, where he could compete for that series title for two years. His final season in Nationwide would certainly include several Sprint Cup starts to ready him for his rookie season, taking over for Gordon in 2017.

He may come to the 24 with three NASCAR championships already under his belt. That is something even Gordon can't claim.

What is certain is Chase Elliott will be the driver to replace the legend, Jeff Gordon.
<<

ratekev

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 am

Re: Chase Elliott Will Replace Jeff Gordon at Hendrick Motor

Completely agree that Chase is the driver to replace Jeff but I do not think there is a final stamp date. It may be sooner than later. IF Jeff brings that FIFTH title home....he rides off into the sunset on top. His 24th season may be the end goal. The life changer is the fifth championship. Jeff has been my driver since the Ford days and Chase will be my driver when Jeff does retire. Not because Chase will be driving the 24 and for Hendrick but because Chase is hard driver and I LOVE watching him push a car for all it has.
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:20 am

I don't think so. All I know is that he is signed with JR motor spots right now, but does he have an actually contract with Hendricks? With the success of Kyle Larson, I could see this kid signing on with another team sooner if Hendricks doesn't have him locked up. Look at what many teams are doing. Penske has Ryan Blaney, Childress has Austin and soon to be the other dillion kid, so watch out Ryan Newman. I could see Chip Gnassi adding a third team and signing Elliot to ensure his teams future. Unless he is inked, which I do not know, Hendricks better move fast. Like MJ said Gordon is signed for three more years and I do not see a talent like Elliot waiting to take the next leap. Hey, we will just have to see.

A.B.E.
<<

dirt93

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:29 am

Chase is a great driver with a ton of talent. I'm not surprised he would fill in the empty spot when Jeff retires. He is young but I bet Chase is alot easier to work with (versus the Dillon kids.)

Kyle Larson has talent but I will always remember him taking out his friend to win that race (K & N ?). He reminds me of David Gilliland. Kyle is playing nice right now.....

As far as the young talent out there, Chase and Ryan Blaney are the best ones.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:18 pm

he is only 18, no need to rush him to cup, like they did with Joe L....
this is his last year of his contract with Hendricks, but I would think Bill taught his son some common sense to realize that HMS is a team with the best gear,
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:03 pm

michaeljohn wrote:he is only 18, no need to rush him to cup, like they did with Joe L....
this is his last year of his contract with Hendricks, but I would think Bill taught his son some common sense to realize that HMS is a team with the best gear,

Maybe Chase will replace Danica at HMS Satelitte team :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Searchers

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:he is only 18, no need to rush him to cup, like they did with Joe L....

Maybe Chase will replace Danica at HMS Satelitte team :mrgreen:

Do you think he would do well enough to keep up with her stats? :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:34 pm

ya im not mentioning that name, i dont need the grief that goes with it, but im sure MR H will o what he can to keep Chase in the stable, nice pay raise or even a satellite team and maybe a certain ride will open up at HMS because of not performing well, like the # 5 car....
<<

Anyone But Earnhardt

Post Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Remember when Mr. H fired Kyle Busch to open up a spot for Earnhardt. Just shows he is a businessman first. I'm pretty sure Kyle has more cup wins than JR since he has been in cup. Sorry, built up Earnhardt aggression, he is having a good season, I will admit that, but that's all you get. Just saying Chase has to bring a sponsor before he will get a deal. Hopefully NAPA will stay with him. #5 should be worried.
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:55 pm

Per Jayski Kahne's contract is up in 2015. I think if Elliot is going to end up at Hendrick it will be that way. If not Hendrick could lose out on having him.

I could see an interesting silly season next year for Kahne, Kurt Busch, Chase Elliott, and possibly Danica. Her contract is supposedly up in 2014 though so that may depend on if she stays at SHR or not and if she gets a long term contract or just a 1 year contract if she stays.

I predict a different driver line up for SHR in the next year or two. With only Smoke amd Harvick being the same
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:21 am

i am only going to assume, but napa said last year after the fiasco that they wanted to stay in the sport, so i think this will be a long term deal, as i stated before there is no reason to rush chase to cup, he does need seat time, he ran a handful of truck and NW races, this isnt like the Larson deal, where chip thought he was the best driver for the 42, so far that panned out. i am pretty sure Bill will consult his son on what to do and make him aware that HMS is the best, but who knows, he could get anxious and take the first cup ride he is offered.
<<

14Smokem

Post Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:53 am

michaeljohn wrote:i am only going to assume, but napa said last year after the fiasco that they wanted to stay in the sport, so i think this will be a long term deal, as i stated before there is no reason to rush chase to cup, he does need seat time, he ran a handful of truck and NW races, this isnt like the Larson deal, where chip thought he was the best driver for the 42, so far that panned out. i am pretty sure Bill will consult his son on what to do and make him aware that HMS is the best, but who knows, he could get anxious and take the first cup ride he is offered.

Nicely said Doctor.....

Let's hope the *first cup ride* is either a great ride,
or a demur for a better offer.

Larson..... Am way happy he is doing well, but on my
own personal list of owners..... Chip is only marginally
nudged out of last place by Michael Waldrip.
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion

Return to NASCAR & Racing