FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

France says Kyle will be eligable for the Chase...

<<

alenigma

Post Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:26 pm

France says Kyle will be eligable for the Chase...

Wow, just stunned at this latest announcement by the Head of NASCAR!!! Brian France, Himself, has ordained that Kyle might be admitted to the Chase despite missing so many races!!! In his own words he admitted "it was our bad" Somebody pinch me....
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:32 am

Re: France says Kyle will be eligable for the Chase...

Imagine if Kyle wins a race? Then imagine him winning the Championship.

A driver that misses over half the season wins the Championship. Could BF make the Championship any more of a joke?
ImageImageImage
<<

Paige31460

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:27 am

There has been no official decision whether or not Kyle will be granted a waiver. I don't understand why everyone is questioning this when the driver in question still has a TBD return status.

From Jayski:
France says NASCAR open to Chase spot for Busch: NASCAR chairman Brian France isn't sure if Kyle Busch will be granted a waiver to be part of the championship chase when he returns from injury, but said Thursday the sanctioning body would like to "accommodate" him. He'll miss his ninth race this weekend at Richmond International Raceway, but has indicated he'll return to racing this season. The only way he'd be eligible to make the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship is if NASCAR grants him a waiver, and he wins a race that would qualify him for the 16-driver field. He'd also have to be inside the top 30 in points. Those are the rules under a Chase system France altered last year. It gives him more flexibility to grant exemptions to drivers who miss races. "Depends on when he comes back of course, but it'll be more likely than not that we're going to try to figure out how to accommodate him, which is the beauty of our playoff system," France said Thursday during a meeting of The Associated Press Sports Editors at the NASCAR offices in Manhattan. "What happened to him was on us," he said. "We'll balance a lot of things at that point when we have to make a decision, but we're inclined to want to figure that out for sure."(Associated Press)(4-23-2015)
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:29 am

What's the difference?? Derrick Rose is playing in the playoffs for the Chicago Bulls. He's missed 2 of the last 3 years with injury. IF Kyle can come back and win a race (I HOPE SO) why SHOULDN"T he be eligible?? They gave Tony the same chance last year and he couldn't pull it off. GO KYLE!! 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

dirt93

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:23 pm

I don't think it's a big deal. A driver shouldn't be punished for getting injured on the race track. If they get a win then they are in.

(If they had to miss races by being in jail for something stupid then they shouldn't be eligible.)
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

BlackFlag

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:12 pm

That's fine, as long as he gets in on his own merit by winning a race (whenever he comes back).
ISIS deflated those footballs.
<<

Searchers

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:05 am

How about if Mark Martin decides to start up his career again and starts driving 15 or 16 races into the season. Should he be able to compete for the 2015 Champion?

Or how about this. Michael Waltrip wins at Talladega and then by some weather mess up wins again at Homestead. That would be a freekin travesty but it would fall within the stupid chase rules, if everybody can start the series at will.

This flexible Brian wants it his way is making a joke out of something we all think is important.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:17 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:What's the difference?? Derrick Rose is playing in the playoffs for the Chicago Bulls. He's missed 2 of the last 3 years with injury. IF Kyle can come back and win a race (I HOPE SO) why SHOULDN"T he be eligible?? They gave Tony the same chance last year and he couldn't pull it off. GO KYLE!! 8-) 8-)

sorry buddy, you cant compare the two
I miss you Frehley........
<<

bowtie_4

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:49 am

"IF" KB meets all the criteria laid down, sure. By admitting to "its on us", BF has already opened the road to the Chase for KB.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:49 am

Seems like Brian France has slowly brain washed some people.

Have we forgotten what the Championship is suppose to be about. Who was the best that particular year. Missing over a half a season, Champion!?!?!
Kinda hope that does happen so it can be undeniably shown how FImageed up Brian France has made this sport. The mere fact people think this is a good idea actually shows what a mockery he has made this sport.
ImageImageImage
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:52 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:What's the difference?? Derrick Rose is playing in the playoffs for the Chicago Bulls. He's missed 2 of the last 3 years with injury. IF Kyle can come back and win a race (I HOPE SO) why SHOULDN"T he be eligible?? They gave Tony the same chance last year and he couldn't pull it off. GO KYLE!! 8-) 8-)

This makes no sense. Imagine if they said Derrick Rose to be MVP after missing all that time. That would be the comparison.
What you are saying would be in comparison of Kyle coming back & helping the 18 "team" win the Owners Championship. which makes sense. Winning the "Drivers" Championship would be a joke.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 pm

i watched at most 3 races this year, the fun has been sucked out of it for me, all these b.s. rule changes,letting drivers in the chase that do not deserve to be in the chase, the Sprint cup tittle is bein cheapened by whats going on, drivers are bein rewarded for missing races and thats just LAME, that is WWE.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

BlackFlag

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:46 pm

I forgot---doesn't a driver have to be in the Top 30 in points to be eligible for the Chase?
They should NOT bend that rule.
ISIS deflated those footballs.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:58 pm

BlackFlag wrote:I forgot---doesn't a driver have to be in the Top 30 in points to be eligible for the Chase?
They should NOT bend that rule.

getting in the top 30 isn't hard. last year there were something like 28 funded teams that raced every week with the same driver. Now if it were a top 25 rule it might be little bit harder. (but not real hard for a fully funded team)
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:45 pm

Who cares, Nascar is all about who you are anyways! Kyle Busch should not be eligible to make the chase anymore than Tony Stewart was allowed last year! They brought the chit on themselves and they missed races-oh well-so sorry-try again next year!
Constant rule changes, bringing in minorities, women, i don't give a rats #### if they put on monkey in a car-the whole Nascar scene is a freakin joke! Go back 30-plus years when "men" drove "stock" cars and the racing was exciting! The drivers today are overpaid candy #### who whine about every little thing and the more popular the driver, the more Nascar swings their way- big joke and thousands of fans are tired of it and the empty stands speak for themselves! Far as Kyle and Tony bringing on their own misery, think about it, because if i have to explain it-alot of folks will get offended here! What i like about other sites you can be honest-here it's like Nascar itself- living in a fairy tale! BTW Danica sucks-PERIOD!!!!!!!
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing