FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Vickers to miss start of season

<<

Searchers

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Vickers to miss start of season

Michael Waltrip Racing driver Brian Vickers will not be available to race during the early part of the 2015 NASCAR Sprint Cup season due to health issues. In 58 races driving MWR's #55 Aaron's Toyota, Vickers scored eight top-five and 19 top-10 finishes. He won the July race at New Hampshire in 2013 and captured the pole at Talladega in October 2014. The 2003 Nationwide champion owns three victories and 12 poles in 316 career Sprint Cup starts. "Brian has been a part of the MWR family since 2012 and our thoughts today are with Brian, his wife Sarah and the Vickers family," said MWR co-owner Rob Kauffman. "As a race team, MWR has plenty to consider and we will confer with our partners, including Aaron's and Toyota. As this is fresh news, we will adjust our future plans as more information becomes available."

VICKERS STATEMENT: "First, I want to thank everyone for their sincere support. I have faced obstacles before and it has made victory that much sweeter and I know that will be the case again. My previous experiences have given me a very keen understanding of my body. Late last week I knew something wasn't right, so I went to the hospital to be checked out. Following several tests, it was discovered that my body was rejecting an artificial patch that was inserted in 2010 to fix a hole in my heart. Saturday, I had to have corrective surgery to repair the hole and now I am beginning the recovery process. I will need plenty of time, rest and rehab but this temporary setback will not stop me from pursuing my dream of becoming a NASCAR Sprint Cup champion."(MWR)(12-15-2014)
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Re: Vickers to miss start of season

I just read this on MRN... Man, Brian can't catch a break. I hope he recovers fast and gets back a decent part in the season.
<<

Paige31460

Post Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Hate to hear that Brian's had another health issue that will keep out of the racecar. Am glad that it's already been found and he's on the road to recovery. Best wishes to Brian and hope he's back soon at 100%.
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, A.J. Allmendinger, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:46 am

Geez, when is he gonna catch a break. I had just read that on Jayski. Hopefully it works out better for him this time.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:32 pm

I'm sure Brian will follow advice and will recover soon. Live sure has some tough things for him to over come but he has done it before and he will do just fine. Stay in there Brian.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

jdpirate

Post Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:22 am

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to Brian. He's had a tough going the last couple years. Hope this is the last of his problems and he can get back to racing soon.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor

Return to NASCAR & Racing