FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

NASCAR should consider always having a place for the big 3!.

<<

TeamWFOwithNFB

Post Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:01 pm

NASCAR should consider always having a place for the big 3!.

I believe NASCAR should look at somehow collecting money for funds that would ensure that at least one team/car/driver for each of the big three auto manufacturers is represented on-track at all races. The fact that there is no MOPAR on-track in the SPRINT CUP series makes me ill when i think back in time about all the SuperBees and their values now at over $300k and other MOPARs with the likes of the KING driving them and there is not even one of them in the line-up... So sad... I can bet that they want to be there, but, just need some help and something like $1 on every ticket price could surely fund the difference and then the big three can ALWAYS be represented therein and that's probably something the fans could live with also...
<<

azk8ster

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:17 am

Re: NASCAR should consider always having a place for the big

Seems to me that if Dodge (or whoever owns them nowadays) has decided to spend their dollars elsewhere, well, they have that right, so it shouldn't be up to the fans to subsidize their return. You gotta spend money to make money, I guess they just don't want to spend it where they feel they're not recouping their investment.

Having said that, I'd love to see Dodge back on the track, and I also think Brad's 2012 championship had kind of an "in your face" factor to it!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

jdpirate

Post Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Re: NASCAR should consider always having a place for the big

It's up to the manufacture if they want to run, not NASCAR. But they need to have a body design that would be comparable to the current ones and it would have to be OK'd by NASCAR before they could think about competing... AND find teams willing to switch manufactures....and engines and on and on...

It really depends where they want to spend their money.
I'm living my life the way I want to.... Tony Stewart

Return to NASCAR & Racing