FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

MAKE THEM STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:53 pm

MAKE THEM STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am so sick of the three idiots on fox, they make up crap and actually believe what they are saying, DW is on anybody's "Johnson" that is in the lead he is such a phoney, then mike joy screaming like a lil girl about tony finishing 9th, give it a rest already
<<

beaverpond

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:49 am

Re: MAKE THEM STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MW ain't much better by saying this is my pick to win the race then half way through the race changes his pick then at the end of the race goes with whoever is in Victory Lane...this idiot ain't fooling anybody. He could not pick a good driver at a certain track if his life depended on it. I say pick a driver, stick with that driver, no matter what...we make our picks and we can't change them, these idiots should be held to the same type of standards in our games.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:02 am

ha, beav your right, the other 3 had me so revved up i forgot about Michael.... do they actually think they are bein cute and funny? Then DW having to trying to name cars is ridiculous..... I surprised they havent named the fish on tony's car....
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:20 am

It's funny because sometimes I think, how do they select the announcers? Is there an IQ limit they must fall below? Don't they give them auditions and tests and make sure they really can announce? A few of them do a good job but sometimes, it's downright embarrassing. How does NASCAR expect to gain new fans or have anyone take them seriously with the announcing that goes on half the time?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:50 pm

I have to admit that the announcing leaves a lot to be desired. But then I ask myself, "Who would you get to do NASCAR races?" If you picked a professional announcer i.e. Bob Costas, Chris Berman or Hannah Storm what do they know about racing? Especially when you want to point some technical issue about the cars. Any suggestions?

Some of the best sounds of a race come when there is a low camera shot and they have the sounds of the cars passing at 180+ mph.

ZOOM......ZOOM..ZOOM..ZOOM.....ZOOM/ZOOM/ZOOM
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi
<<

Searchers

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:05 pm

Mike Waltrip actually makes Chris Myers look NASCAR Knowledgeable.

For some reason FOX is in love with the Waltrips. I cannot believe with all of the comments I read of people sick of DW that FOX is not aware of just how much he undermines their network's presentation of Cup races.

Now pre race you get to watch and what is worse LISTEN to both Waltrip brothers present their amateurish opinions in that super loud twang for a whole hour!

Once the race starts we get DW trying to monopolize the narrating, Larry Mac's know it all "has went" isms and Mike Joy screaming every time somebody gets loose. I have to say I am disappointed in Mike Joy's presentations as of late.

How many times during the Darlington race did DW mention the X he put on the track walls for "his" rookies? One of these races I am gonna count how many times he utters "back in the day"

The best news about all this is how comfortable it is to watch a Nationwide race on ESPN.
<<

racer1

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:10 pm

"Now pre race you get to watch and what is worse LISTEN to both Waltrip brothers present their amateurish opinions in that super loud twang for a whole hour!"

Have to comment here as DW is a HOF driver and to call his opinions amateurish is rediculous given who he is & what hes achieved as myself & many others I know who watch Nascar enjoy his colorfull comments & opinions moreso then most others who I would consider "amateurs" for sure. Watch those on other Nascar shows as proof. MW isn't that bad either as there are far worse at Fox & other networks for sure like Rusty Wallace doing NNS races on ESPN--Good grief. Besides if the fans/viewers didn't like them Iam sure Fox would be hearing about it? :lol: :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:27 pm

just because your in the HOF doesnt make you a great play by play or color man,

sure he is knowledgeable about the cars and how to drive a track, but that is only part of the equation....

another thing that irked me last nite about mike joy was how he said "keel is kevin's good luck charm," and proceeded to say how Keel sits in the car before every race..

First off Keel is Delana and Kevins son, he isnt an object.
Second, all the drivers have their kids in the seat at one time or another, it isnt exclusive just to kevin, I guess Evie Johnson is a better good luck charm, because her dad wins races and championships. ( now how stupid does that statement i made sound? )

They spew out these lame details and expect people to buy into them, they are the WORST announcers for ANY sport, im sick of them callin the 30 ca the black swan, it was like that when Spencer drove the 7 car for Sirius radio and they called that stupid dog "mongo" and they would talk like cavemen,
<<

Searchers

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:42 pm

I will agree with the above poster that DW is a Hall of Fame driver and as such is entitled to the respect due to a driver who reaches that goal.

However to many of us he is not an entertaining nor particularly well informed announcer. He often makes statements then ignores his own remark, saying something to contradict himself. His voice is annoying to some of us. His constant references to his adventures "back in the day" are repetitious and boring. His hero worship of a select group of drivers is also boring. Boogity is stupid and makes NASCAR racing look like something from the sprung down by the crick. His attempts to make his brother part of the telecast are annoying to some of us who are not as enamored with that cheat as you seem to be.

As for Michael, his gallop through the pit road area before races is another embarrassing spectacle for some of us fans who think NASCAR racing is a little more sophisticated than a view of Michael Waltrip being stared at by drivers not too happy about being singled out by the patron saint of jet fuel in race cars.

It is true that Rusty Wallace says dumb things but not as many nor as often. Rusty is not allowed to totally over run his network's presentation like DW is allowed by FOX.

About the only argument the above poster has that stumps me is:
" Besides if the fans/viewers didn't like them Iam sure Fox would be hearing about it?"

I am at a total loss why FOX ignores the complaints about DW and.....I am at a total loss as to why that sentence has a question mark ending it.
<<

14Smokem

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:06 pm

First off... I agree with the Title of the post.... "Make Them STOP"

Without going back over the entire thread....

Let us please remember and note......
Darryl nearly begged, pleaded, and got on his knees to gain his HOF Status.
Should he be there..???? YES............ But NOT YET.

The question of WHO is very valid....
And really, I could not honestly tell you who would make me happy.
I roll back to my original thought of.......... let them ALL be play by play guys...

On a rotating basis.... that way the ones who irritate us most will only
have to be listened to for one day..... then we get 2-3 weeks off before hearing them again.

Oh..!!!! And Mikey Waldrip wandering through the pits.... what a shameful spectacle.
Yech...!!!!!
1994 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Midget Champion ** 1995 USAC Sprint Car Champion ** 1995 USAC Silver Crown Champion
1997 Indy Car Champion ** 2006 IROC Champion ** 2002 NASCAR Champion ** 2005 NASCAR Champion ** 2011 NASCAR Champion
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:49 pm

well I am not gonna quote all the different parts of everyones posts, but to this thread I say...

DW should be in the HOF & I thought he should have been in the 1st year (why they counted France as one of the 5 is just stupid, he was an automatic) Until recently when Jeff Gordon passed him in wins, DW held the record for most modern era wins. As I think when Jeff Gordon is eligible his 1st year he will be in. DW was one of the best drivers ever in Nascar. So that is my thoughts on his HOF.

I agree with make them stop
I also agree with just because you are a great driver doesn't make you a great play by play guy.
but I do think something people don't understand is DW's over the top annoying crap is part of the FOX's show. They have him do that. Which is what I don't like about him. He is a FOX puppet. You want to know why they don't listen to the complaints. because you are complaining about fox & what they want. They aren't gonna fire a guy for doing what he is told. Anyone that remembers when they would invite DW up into the booth, before he became Fox's guy, knows he sucked at it. But he wasn't the clown he is with fox. Want to blame how DW acts in the booth, start blaming FOX directly. its their directions. personally they shouldn't have DW in the booth. Put him in the Hollywood hotel where you only get small doses of him during the race, & he is actually intelligent about cars & racing. Side note Hammond should be jobless on TV. He brings nothing but acts like a tough guy with makeup on.

MW doesn't bother me personally when he does his pitroad walk. He is a goofy guy but seems harmless to me. You can talk trash back to him & all is good. I do understand though how some would be driven nuts by him. her is a class Clown & doesn't pretend to be anything more than that. probably makes him the most honest one on TV. Some ppl Like class Clowns, some ppl cant stand them, some simply don't give them the time of day.

Larry Mac is the one I wish would never talk again. Holy $h!t that guy can be so self righteous I know everything without checking any facts kinda guy. You know why most times when people come on message boards (bars where/whatever) & say wrong things about something that happened? Because Larry Mac made it the gospel! What makes it worse, is he is on every racing program known to man now!!! Image talking his BullImage
He to me is the most damaging guy FOX has.

Rusty Wallace. Well he shouldn't be allowed on TV. He is always agenda bound from his racing days. Not only does he make $h!t up like a lot of them do. He flat out lies about what someone said to him directly. Which I believe if pushed, is actually illegal! to keep it short. Rusty Wallace is a Douche bag! Douche bags should not be on TV representing any racing.

Mike Joy. Don't really know if he would be any good elsewhere, but with lack of info on him, I put him under the same umbrella as DW. He is doing what Fox wants. Acting like a Dumbass.

Did I miss any subjects in this thread?
ImageImageImage
<<

Searchers

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:40 pm

Not sure if I totally agree with the idea that DW's clownish behavior is because FOX insists he behave in that way. But that would explain why FOX ignores the complaints they get about him.

The idea to put him in the Hollywood Hotel is a good one and I probably would never have whined about him if that had been the case.

As much as I don't like the guy I sometimes feel a little sorry for Mikie and his weird behavior. But then I think, well he is weird anyway so he is happy being stupid.

Agree with the mega over exposure of Larry Mac "has went"ing on every NASCAR TV show known to man. He can be a little snotty too when other announcers (except Saint Darrell) do not agree with him. Glad Larry does not live next door to me.

I used to think Mike Joy was a competent announcer. But this year has made me doubt that. Maybe the booth is just too much for him. Or, maybe his booth partners are too much influence over him.

Bottom line is that when FOX is done, the announcing gets better.
<<

thorman52

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:17 pm

I've got to agree with Schmoopy1000 about Michael Waltrip being harmless and a class clown. I sort of like his walks through pit road to say hi to some of the drivers. After listening to a 1/2 hour of supposed analysis and supposed insight from the others, MW breaks up the monotony and adds a little humor (very little) to the show. :lol:

I have wondered one thing though about MWs walks. A few weeks ago, don't remember which race, he was walking toward Danica Patrick's RV and said something to the effect of "Oh, can't go there cuz I'd be in violation of a court order." (Don't know the verbatim quote.) Does anyone remember that occurrence? If so, to what was he referring? Just curious. :roll:
"The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated."

~~Mahatma Gandhi
<<

dirt93

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:57 pm

Al Waltrips, Pettys, and Walleces should be banned from ever speaking on TV again. Krista Voda and Chris Myers and are on the list too. I feel like I'm watching a kids show with no real information, just a lot of hot air about nothing.

I watch the K & N series and I really like those announcers much better. Wendi Ventirini is wonderful! Also liked Ray Evernham.

My solution is to go online to the MRN feed (Plug in some good loud speakers on the computer) and mute the TV.... the commercials are not on at the same time so you can see stuff you miss or hear about it.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm going to slip in my 2 cents worth. There has been some very good remarks about all of the so called announcers and the men deserve most of it. My problem is that I miss the classie guys who didn't try to have the funniest joke or tear someone else apart. Did they tell the fans over and over how many championships they have so on and so forth? They told us what we wanted to know and left the crap out. Fox will never change as the owner is a piece of work just ask about his place in Europe. They aren't real fond of the dude. My biggest gripe is the boogity boogity yelling done by you'll know who. Hearing it is like fingernails on a black board. Maybe If I knew what the word meant I just might not be so fussy about it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing