FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Penalties?

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:24 pm

Penalties?

#2-Brad Keselowski met with NASCAR after a cooling-off period. #20-Matt Kenseth crew chief Jason Ratcliff went voluntarily to talk to NASCAR, and Kenseth crew member Jesse Sanders was summoned by officials. It's not clear if Keselowski - or Hamlin or Kenseth - will be punished by NASCAR on Tuesday, the day penalties are traditionally issued. NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said the sanctioning body will review the final on-track laps, and everything that occurred on pit road and in the garage. NASCAR in May fined Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears for fighting in the garage after a race at Richmond. Harvick was fined in 2011 for a pit-road confrontation with Kyle Busch in which NASCAR cited safety concerns of Busch using his car to push Harvick's car away. The next year, Kurt Busch was fined $50,000 for dangerous driving on pit road when he hit Ryan Newman's car during a confrontation. But in the case of Saturday, with so much focus on the new Chase and the attention for the post-race skirmishes, it's not clear if NASCAR will punish those involved or pat them on the back. Harvick said there was no way NASCAR takes any action. "They love it. They were fighting afterwards, that's what it's all about," Harvick said.(Associated Press)(10-13-2014)

I am willing to bet Kenseths crew member gets fined. He actually punched the guy in the face that had Matt by his face. Think Matt should pay the guys fine. 8-)

I remember when Kurt ran into ryan on pitroad. Ryan got out of his car went to Kurts window & said what is up? Kurt stammered it was an accident & ryan walked away. (before the crews got involved)
ImageImageImage
<<

bowtie_4

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:04 am

Re: Penalties?

Schmoopy1000 wrote:#2-Brad Keselowski met with NASCAR after a cooling-off period. #20-Matt Kenseth crew chief Jason Ratcliff went voluntarily to talk to NASCAR, and Kenseth crew member Jesse Sanders was summoned by officials. It's not clear if Keselowski - or Hamlin or Kenseth - will be punished by NASCAR on Tuesday, the day penalties are traditionally issued. NASCAR vice president of competition Robin Pemberton said the sanctioning body will review the final on-track laps, and everything that occurred on pit road and in the garage. NASCAR in May fined Marcos Ambrose and Casey Mears for fighting in the garage after a race at Richmond. Harvick was fined in 2011 for a pit-road confrontation with Kyle Busch in which NASCAR cited safety concerns of Busch using his car to push Harvick's car away. The next year, Kurt Busch was fined $50,000 for dangerous driving on pit road when he hit Ryan Newman's car during a confrontation. But in the case of Saturday, with so much focus on the new Chase and the attention for the post-race skirmishes, it's not clear if NASCAR will punish those involved or pat them on the back. Harvick said there was no way NASCAR takes any action. "They love it. They were fighting afterwards, that's what it's all about," Harvick said.(Associated Press)(10-13-2014)

*** I wish Kevin would punch Jimmie Jams! :-D

I am willing to bet Kenseths crew member gets fined. He actually punched the guy in the face that had Matt by his face. Think Matt should pay the guys fine. 8-)

I remember when Kurt ran into ryan on pitroad. Ryan got out of his car went to Kurts window & said what is up? Kurt stammered it was an accident & ryan walked away. (before the crews got involved)
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:26 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Midniteflyer

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Chase or no Chase NASCAR needs to step up and dish out penalties. I light of this past summers activities IMO it would give NASCAR a black eye for not policing unsafe acts by BK. Fines for all involved and points for BK. While they are at it fine Milk Toast for wrecking PSP on purpose.
Not how fast you get from Point "A" to Point "B" it is how much fun you have getting there
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:31 pm

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Oct. 14, 2014) -- NASCAR has assessed behavioral penalties to drivers Brad Keselowski and Tony Stewart for their involvement in post-race incidents on Oct. 11 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

FULL CHASE COVERAGE

• Chase hub page
• Chase Grid games
• #MyChaseNation

Keselowski has been fined $50,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:

• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in post-race incidents

Stewart has been fined $25,000 and placed on NASCAR probation for the next four NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship events through Nov. 12 for violating:

• Section 12-1: Actions detrimental to stock car racing

• Section 12-4.9: Behavioral penalty -- involved in a post-race incident

"These penalties are about maintaining a safe environment following the race," said Robin Pemberton, NASCAR senior vice president, competition and racing development. "We knew that the new Chase format was likely going to raise the intensity level and we want our drivers to continue to be themselves. However, the safety of our drivers, crew members, officials, and workers is paramount and we will react when that safety could be compromised."

MORE:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:50 pm

wow, not a surprise.....
<<

GACat

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:01 pm

omg I am so livid :evil:
As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly.
<<

im4tony

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:28 pm

GACat wrote:omg I am so livid :evil:

Me too
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:31 pm

Kind of a surprise to me that they didn't give anything to Kenseth or his crew member that laid a punch. Apparently, NASCAR is only concerned with what happened in actual vehicles, which I can understand. Brad and Tony should have been fined for that. What's funny is legally, Brad could press charges against Kennesth who did run up from behind and attacked Brad. That's a case, documented on camera, of assault. I will be disappointed and very surprised if Brad did that considering the sport, but he would be in his legal rights.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

hboyle

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 pm

So Brad got probation? Wow... Looks like no Sprint Cup trophy for him. I bet he's livid. I guess only 3 drivers that race this weekend will get eliminated because Brad will be number 4.

Even though Tony got penalties too, you have to admit that what he did was pretty awesome. It really cracked me up. Typically Tony.
<<

jdpirate

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:41 pm

hboyle wrote:So Brad got probation? Wow... Looks like no Sprint Cup trophy for him. I bet he's livid. I guess only 3 drivers that race this weekend will get eliminated because Brad will be number 4.

Even though Tony got penalties too, you have to admit that what he did was pretty awesome. It really cracked me up. Typically Tony.

Probation does NOT mean that Brad won't be racing.....probation is just being 'watched' by NASCAR.
Tony received probation as well as a fine, also.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

Searchers

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:00 pm

Nascar Probation is less serious and less uncomfortable than standing in the corner for 15 minutes.

I am probably wrong but I cannot remember right now of anybody ever getting clobbered by Nascar for another violation while on probation. Unless you consider getting your probation extended as drastic.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:23 pm

i found this video of Brian France and Mike Helton discussing the probation thing......

<<

hboyle

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:43 pm

jdpirate wrote:
hboyle wrote:So Brad got probation? Wow... Looks like no Sprint Cup trophy for him. I bet he's livid. I guess only 3 drivers that race this weekend will get eliminated because Brad will be number 4.

Probation does NOT mean that Brad won't be racing.....probation is just being 'watched' by NASCAR.
Tony received probation as well as a fine, also.

My bad...When I read this, I was thinking of suspension. :P

I guess Brad better be on his best behavior. Lol
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:10 pm

I'm going with what Harvick says and Nascar did promote this chit, so what can they really do to any of them? :mrgreen:
Next

Return to NASCAR & Racing