FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dodge returning to Nascar?

<<

bowtie_4

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:24 pm

Dodge returning to Nascar?

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/ne ... rn-856864/

Sergio Marchionne, the CEO of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, has confirmed that its Dodge brand could make a return to top-level NASCAR competition in the near future.

Marchionne withdrew the brand from NASCAR’s premier Cup competition at the end of 2012, when Penske switched brands to Ford – despite Brad Keselowski winning the championship. Its involvement did continue in Canada’s Pinty’s Series, however.

Speaking at Ferrari’s World Finals event at Daytona on Sunday, Marchionne revealed that he had spoken with Jim France, NASCAR’s executive vice president, during a gala dinner at the track on Saturday evening.

“Yes, I’d love to (return to NASCAR). I talked to Jim France (executive vice president for NASCAR) just last night,” said Marchionne on Sunday. “I’m the one who pulled Dodge out, so I’m the guilty party at the table.

“But for those of you with short memories, in 2009 we came out of bankruptcy, so to race in NASCAR when I was trying to pay bills and pay payroll would have been a bit of a stretch.

“I think we’re in a different place now. I think, if possible, we’ll come back to NASCAR – I think we need to find the right way to come back in.

“I’ve agreed with both Jim and Lesa (France-Kennedy) to come back to the issue in short order."

During a press conference at Homestead-Miami Speedway, NASCAR Chairman and CEO Brian France confirmed to Motorsport.com that there have been discussions with bringing in another manufacturer, saying, “but we’re not in a position to make that announcement.”
<<

alenigma

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Re: Dodge returning to Nascar?

Jim France has been dead for a long time!! Do some research before you make an a$$ of yourself again! :roll:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:37 pm

alenigma wrote:Jim France has been dead for a long time!! Do some research before you make an a$$ of yourself again! :roll:

would love to see dodge back in nascar,

alen, Jim France is alive, your thinking of the wrong guy
I miss you Frehley........
<<

alenigma

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:00 pm

Okay. Brother. I was thinking of "Bill" France. My bad Bro. :roll:
<<

alenigma

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:03 pm

Dodge coming back would be epic! who Knows? When will Honda?Mazda have their new models ready?
<<

gordon24

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:40 pm

The more the merrier. There's a lot of talent in the lower ranks of NASCAR and NASCAR has to do something different to put fans back in the seats. Lower the price, Stop fans from having to pay for parking unless it has hook ups, give the Canadians a brake because of the weak dollar. I'm from Canada and I gave up my seats for Daytona (both races) Charlotte (all star and 600), Bristol and the 2 NEW Hampshire races. Make drivers more accessible to fans that are spending there hard earned money on there favorate drivers that has their picture on the side of the trailer. 15-20 years ago there were drivers at 90% of the trailer. and the stayed until every body is gone. Kurt Busch is good to his fans, Harvick use to be, Tony Stewart NEVER and Danica Never as for Clint Bowyer he use to be but we will see.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:11 am

dodge was doing great until 2005 when they started to use that horrible nose on the charger, total mess
I miss you Frehley........
<<

barnes442

Post Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:50 am

glad SHR just signed a contract with a quality manufacturer instead of possibly being pursued by Fiat.
<<

bowtie_4

Post Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:40 pm

alenigma wrote:Jim France has been dead for a long time!! Do some research before you make an a$$ of yourself again! :roll:

Just had to view what you posted, after MJ quoted your post. WTF is your problem?

Return to NASCAR & Racing