FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

RCR/Team Dillon grooming some future women drivers

<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:58 am

RCR/Team Dillon grooming some future women drivers

Richard Childress Racing and Team Dillon Racing have named Kate Dallenbach as one of two female drivers in their development program for the 2015 season. Dallenbach, 17, is the daughter of Wally, Jr., NASCAR driver-turned-broadcaster, and Robin Dallenbach, a former driver herself with two starts in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Her grandfather, Wally Dallenbach, Sr., was a successful Indy car driver and Chief Steward. The student of Davidson Day High School will compete in dirt and asphalt races under the RCR banner driving cars built and maintained by Team Dillon Racing. Richard Childress Racing and Team Dillon Racing have named Ahnna Parkhurst as the other one of two female drivers in their development program for the 2015 season. Parkhurst, 14, is an Augusta, Ga. native and is entering her second season of competitive racing. The student at Riverside Middle School will compete in dirt Crate Late Models under the RCR banner driving cars built and maintained by Team Dillon Racing this year.(RCR)(1-29-2015)

I think having them race on Dirt is huge. I always believed it helps drivers as they get into the upper divisions of Nascar. They got plenty of time to learn. (especially the 14 yr old.)
ImageImageImage
<<

kim92164

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:38 am

Re: RCR/Team Dillon grooming some future women drivers

Sounds good. I wonder if they'll make it to my local track as Team Dillon racers have in the past.
<<

futura64

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:34 pm

Hooray for Kate! I've watched her race at our local track on many occasions. I hope she does well. I've even got a pic of her in a quarter midget when she was about 7. If only my scanner still worked I'd post it. My old pc is now going on 13 years. Its a real dinosaur. Gotta replace my whole system sooooon, very, very SOON! :?
BudmaninTx
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:52 pm

Wally's daughter.....I'm in!! If genes count she has some of the best.... :D And look at her sponsor....WTG

Image"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:13 pm

futura64 wrote:Hooray for Kate! I've watched her race at our local track on many occasions. I hope she does well. I've even got a pic of her in a quarter midget when she was about 7. If only my scanner still worked I'd post it. My old pc is now going on 13 years. Its a real dinosaur. Gotta replace my whole system sooooon, very, very SOON! :?

dang. a cpu with no changes for 13 years?
now that is impressive!
ImageImageImage
<<

futura64

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:09 pm

Yeah Schmoop, a couple of years ago the mother board (whatever that is) burned out. The guy at the repair shop said nobody make those anymore. But wait, he said, I think I may have an old used one in back. I said try THAT. He did. It's still working !!! :D
BudmaninTx
<<

futura64

Post Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:33 pm

Here is a promo Kate and her mom did.

-------> www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaHmxZpB4s
BudmaninTx
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:16 pm

Loved the video....what a nice family....lot of talent. Futura 64, I hope you don't mind, I embedded the video.. :D
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke

Return to NASCAR & Racing