FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Official G.G. Raceday Points Club

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:41 am

Re: Official G.G. Raceday Points Club

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:18 am

Re: Goooood Morning SHR - Monday

I didn't make any deal over your 8 yr old playing. I don't care, it's only a game & it didn't cost anything to play, it's just something us members are doing to have fun.

Like I said, I'm searching for this post you said you thought somewhere you seen each player has to post their own picks & others can't post for them. If you find it before I do, post it.

Like I said, I'm not trying to break any rules. That post I made of when you little one joined, that was the last page I had stopped on, page 16.

At this point it doesn't matter anyway since my boys dropped out, other things are more important.

But I will still continue to look for that rule just to see if I missed something since you said you thought it was there & that's why you made your family make their own posts though. I'm not wanting people to think someone is favoring me, or me trying to cheat. If it's there, & the boys did want to continue to play, the points would be deducted from their scores. I wouldn't have a problem with that either.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:43 am

Dear Beaver Family,

IMO: I'm sorry to see you go. Personally I think you are over-reacting. After you have some time to cool down, I hope you reconsider and rejoin us. This is a game, not the national budget. (BTW: I think they are acting like children.) We are here to have fun BECAUSE some of us felt the board game was unfair.

I play both games and shall continue to. If I loose points one way or the other, it won't affect the curvature of the earth.

I wish the Beavers all things good, and will miss you in the game.

Also IMO: Annalee, I appreciate you working this game for the fun of us all. I feel your heart is in the right place, and try to be as fair as you can. Thank you.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:23 pm

If I remember correctly one of the reasons the posting was altered was because people were being eliminated if several happened to post at the same time. It happened to me. Mrs. B is just below me and mine disappeared as we posted at the same time. Her's went thru but I must have been a couple numbers behind her so I eliminated myself. I made sure her's was still there and waited until the number of members went down to post mine. It worked okay so now I look to see how many are online before I place my picks. I don't know if this clears up anything or not.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

lilbeaver

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:58 pm

My Dad & Mom just let me read both threads and have explained to me how we are not participating any longer in the members only game. Fortunately they will let me play in the weekly picks game, but I do have say that I have my fathers open minded mouth....what that means is that I have no problem saying what comes to mind.

I do not agree with my parents, but I live under their roof so I have to abide by their rules. That also said, after reading everything both of my parents said...some of the things they said actually do make sense like each person posting their own picks.

But this back and forth between my parents and S14W, you all look like you belong in the 2nd grade. There I said it...now I just hope I don't get in trouble for it.

Watch Out Boys, I'm Coming For You
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:17 pm

LIL beaver I too hope you don't get into trouble........it's a sad day when an eight year old is the adult in the room....I want you to know you are always welcome to join us. Since you are a fan of Danica's, her car for this month is really neat...Shocking pink and green for breast cancer awareness. You should really be able to pick her car out on the track.....she was in New York City on the Fox News Channel today.......Love her shoes!!! :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:21 pm

She did not get into trouble as I have always encouraged her to speak her mind. In the Danica section she posted a pic of what she calls the October 2013 Car in one of the threads.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:34 pm

OK HERE WE GO TO KANSAS......KANSAS CITY HERE WE COME.........

IT's THE FOURTH RACE OF THE CHASE.......... SOME OF US COULD USE AN EXTRA FEW OR ALOT OF POINTS.......
SOOOOOOOO IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE EXTRA POINTS....

1. YOU MUST PICK WHICH CHASE DRIVER WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN IN KANSAS....
2. IF NONE OF THE TWELVE WIN, THE HIGHEST FINISHING CHASE DRIVER WILL RECEIVE THE
POINTS......
3. IF YOU ARE CORRECT IN PICKING THE CORRECT CHASE DRIVER YOU WIN AN EXTRA "100" POINTS!!
4. PLUS AN EXTRA 50 Pts FOR THE CHASE DRIVER IN THE LOWEST FINISHING PLACE OF ALL THE CHASE DRIVERS TODAY AT THE RACE AT KANSAS.

Choose your normal three and then add CDW(chase driver winner) and then CDL (chase driver
last)......when you make your picks...........Copy and paste all instructions........too!
EXAMPLE..........

ANNALEE...........29,2,31.........CDW 29........CDL 22......

****************************************************************************************************************************

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. HH.................................
2. MRS HH...........................
3. JSW................................
4. ROCHELLE.........................
5. SMOKE14WINS..................... 17, 2, 48.........CDW 17.........CDL 15
6. NASCAR NANA OK.................88,39,29..........CDW 88.........CDL 16
7. H TOWER...........................
8. KIM..................................
9. AWSUM 20..........................
10. AWSUM 14........................
11. ANNALEE..........................
12. BLACKFLAG.......................
13. SCHMOOPY........................
14. JWHEELS.........................
15. DIRT93............................
16. NDUNN...........................
17. TONYFAN40......................
18. SOUTHERNBLUES................
19. THORMAN52.....................20, 48, 24......CDW 48......CDL 5
20. JELLIKIT..........................
21. LILBEEPER........................
22. TONY3XCHAMP2011.............
23. XJEFFGORDON2011X............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:07 pm

beaverpond wrote:She did not get into trouble as I have always encouraged her to speak her mind. In the Danica section she posted a pic of what she calls the October 2013 Car in one of the threads.

Beaver and Mrs. B I admire you both for taking a stand on your feelings but I like the idea better that you allow your 8 year old child to voice her own opinion. I didn't have the oportunity (I was raised in the dark age) to speak my opinion until I graduated from high school and moved away. My parents were quite stern and I just kept quiet. My two children were allowed their own opinions but they never argued mine.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:23 pm

Thanks Annalee for the Fats Domino video. Fats is my all time favorite performer. I love music and all kinds of singers but Fats Domino has a voice that always makes me happy. He was on my bucket list as I have always wanted to see him in concert but he is not well and doesn't perform in public any more. His New Orleans home was in the path of Katrina and he lost an enormous amount of his possesions. I believe some friends of his had two of his piano's restored but they cannot be played.

<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm

When we were raised as kids, we were encouraged to speak our minds...but we were not allowed to speak back to adults until we reached middle school as long as we could prove we were right and we had to tell our parents about it before the school did.

I will never forget the time I told off the Asst. Principal for good cause and it had to do with volunteering to help kids in younger grades that were struggling. He did not think that it was up to older students to help younger students. He then went and took out his feelings about me during a band concert meeting with other parents there and told off my parents. My parents then went to some very influential members of the school board about disciplinary action against the Asst Principal.

So we are teaching our daughter to be the same way.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:22 pm

I remember very little of my school days... certainly not any details like you, Beav. Guess it was a time I just as soon would forget. :roll: ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

beaverpond

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:52 pm

I guess that is the reason neither my brother or I have never been to a class reunion since graduation. We hated school and a lot of those we went to school with.

My sister is one of those that has managed to get to several of hers.
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:05 pm

I didn't know that trying to find a rule & then going to have things corrected after finding it (if it was found) was considered childish.

I was not being hateful or anything else when I said I was going to look for it. Because it was said, I wanted to make sure I wasn't in the wrong for posting my boys picks.

Where's the childish act in that???

People need to think before they react as such.

Yes, that post was there & I didn't remember seeing it. It's on page 69 for those who care.

Post Fri May 31, 2013 8:56 am by jsw14

Each player is Responsible for their own picks & posting. When U post ur picks U should "Double Check" ur post, (I do that every week) to make sure it's posted & in before the deadline..........

NOW.....IF my boys were to continue to play (which they are not wanting to because they have other stuff more important), I would have asked Annalee to fix their points & I would have went back to help her look for all the posts I made for them.

If that's childish, God help this world.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

thorman52

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:46 pm

I started reading all the posts. I quit reading. Something might be wrong...don't know. I have a suggestion for next year. At the beginning of the year, all rules be posted and agreed upon. And then, once a week before each race copy and paste those rules so everybody can easily refer to them with any questions. I know I've gone and looked for answers before I've posted a question. It's hard to do with 100+ pages. This may help in answering people's questions. Just a thought. Simple is good (like my mind).

I like this place.
Last edited by thorman52 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.”
~~~George Bernard Shaw
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:26 pm

beaverpond wrote:When we were raised as kids, we were encouraged to speak our minds...but we were not allowed to speak back to adults until we reached middle school as long as we could prove we were right and we had to tell our parents about it before the school did.

I will never forget the time I told off the Asst. Principal for good cause and it had to do with volunteering to help kids in younger grades that were struggling. He did not think that it was up to older students to help younger students. He then went and took out his feelings about me during a band concert meeting with other parents there and told off my parents. My parents then went to some very influential members of the school board about disciplinary action against the Asst Principal.

So we are teaching our daughter to be the same way.

Bever I liked your post. Perhaps we might be related because when I was in middle school I corrected a teacher on how to pronounce a certain word. I wasn't being disrespectful as I asked "isn't it so and so". Well she blew her top and acted like the world was falling apart and called my father. The worst part he was on the school board and because of that I had to apologise to the teacher. My dad basically kept me from talking and I never forgot that incident. After that I never argued unless I knew I was right. There is a slip up once in awhile but I can say I'm sorry I'm wrong. I also think your daughter has rights, respect and whatever it takes to be an adult someday. So many children do not have that. I don't know if it's the parents not caring or they just don't know what will be expected. By the way the fuss was over the word hacienda. I was right in how to pronounce it. I do not know the Spanish lanuage but I did know that word.

PreviousNext

Return to NASCAR & Racing